Masters Running

Thursday 10/30 runs and such (Read 579 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

biketm maybe we should see about arranging for side-by-side post-race burial plots? Dead Dead After nearly a week off my hamstring feels really good today. I am thinking of giving it a test spin. On the other hand, that is probably a pretty dumb move at this point. But then it would help to get in at least a few miles before Sunday. But, not that much and if I am wrong about how healed up I am then aggravating the injury will only make things much worse. But, it does feel good today . . . HELP! Confused
    I know exactly what you mean. I would like to give it a short go just to see...but then may make it worse Confused is right. Side by side plots....your town or mine Big grin You all are welcome to rummage through my Apt and take what you want after Sat. But leave my Race Bike alone, along with my nudie posters I have of the wimmin here at RA...don't even ask how I got those...but Tammy played an instrumental role hot tub parties Roll eyes TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Snort!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Roch - that sounds lovely! Twocat - good news!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

DickyG

No opening joke today...I'm really tired..had to be in Raleigh all day yesterday working with a few financially troubled clients...didn't get home until after 2 A.M. Really appreciated all the comments on my 10K last week-end...I really felt bad after the race...you guys really cheered me up big time. There were a couple comments congratulating me on a new PR..the only thing I mentioned was that I did a little better than last year...but certainly no PR...in fact, my PR for this race is a good 9-10 minutes lower than my 2008 time. Also, a couple of you asked if I had a long streak of running the Marine Corps Marathon since I did the first one back in '76. No...I've run quite a few but since they moved the date from November to October, it now conflicts with our local race which I always support. Did a pretty good 4.2 miles this morning...36:49 (8:46). I'll catch up on today & yesterday's daily a little later. Really getting excited about all the racers this week-end...expecting lots of great RR's early next week. ExhaustedG
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

GOOD LUCK to all you NYC Marathon folks! You inspire me so much. Maine, make our state proud! Cool I think it's cool that as you inspire me, I'm getting to help other folks, like my friend who is trying C25K. It's awfully hard for her, with a 4-month-old baby! This morning we did (6) 2-minute running intervals, with a minute walking in between each one. It was windy and 32, but she did it, pushing the stroller the entire way (the baby fell fast asleep). It's such a pleasure for me, because that used to be so hard, and now I don't even break a sweat. I still have to get out this afternoon for more miles - I think I'll do it during DD10's piano lesson. Tim, I'll be thinking of you in particular! Have fun.
            TammyinGP

dickyg - ok, I need to take back my comment about your PR. stop slacking will ya! Wink PDR - congrats on your new mileage record! That's a biggie! My goal for the year was 1500, but I think I'll be lucky to hit 1000. But that's fine. Once I hit 1000, I'm taking the rest of the year off and focusing on Xtraining - some running, but not much. Roch - sounds like a very relaxed and peaceful run this a.m.. TimBo - you crack me up. Clowning around I'm glad you had a nice chat with Kelly. I bet you have a great weekend. I had a good track workout last night after work. Then I realized that's probably the last track session I'll have after work because by next week, it'll be freaking dark when I leave work! I'll be resorting to the TM's at the gym. Tis the season I guess. I ran 5 miles on the track. Warm up at 9.04, then ran a 8.17, 8.51, 8.20 and a cooldown of 10.08. Today's a rest day for me. Have a good day all!

Tammy

DickyG I am not sure what business you are in but I hope you were able to help your clients out. Sounds like a very rough day. Teresadfp it is always wonderful to read about how people react to their new found fitness! Great job on the intervals. The nice thing about running is that it just keeps getting easier. Well except for that getting old thing which kind of puts a crimp on that. But in general. Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Butterfly hugs to all the racers this weekend. Rest day today since I am planning to do my LR tomorrow because this is my weekend of being on-call Dead. Pack day today with two telehealth teaching scheduled plus some (un)necessary meetings.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tammy, you reminded me--so we get an extra hour in NYC! Maine, the list is coming at you, along with a really goofy question Clowning around <>DickyG is snoring...don't waken him>> Congrats, PDR and nice going, Teresa, with your friend. OK, time to "out" Tim and Twocat. They are telling us how they're about to keel, and I'm guessing they're both going to go out there and run like lightening. I say we fine 'em for every mile under 4 hours that they run. They run 3:20, $40. 3:15, $45. It goes into the general fund for the next hottub party reunion run. Roch, retirement becomes you! Another beautiful day here, and more 70s predicted! grins, A
                    Masters 2000 miles

Top 'O the World!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        GOOD LUCK to all you NYC Marathon folks! You inspire me so much. Maine, make our state proud! Cool
                        Oh crap, I was going into this thinking I had no pressure. I already set a nice PR here in Maine, got my BQ that's good for the next two years, and even ran a sub 3:20 and now what do you do but put the pressure of making the the whole state proud...oh crap! Wink

Marathon Maniac #957

Last night we carved our jack-o-lanterns and tonight is trick-or-treat night. DS is going as a hobo and DD as a ghost lady. My FIL has brought some of his homemade sausage and is cooking it for dinner so I can get the kids ready (I dare not ask what type of meat went into it). DS is 11, and wasn’t sure he wanted to go out this year (read, embarrassed that grandpa will think he’s a baby), but I convinced him that one more year was okay. Really I just wanted more candy. Big grin Aamos - DH gave his okay for Seattle, so now it's just a matter of putting it together. Shocked ......Maybe I should actually register first, and worry about the logisitics later....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maine, the list is coming at you, along with a really goofy question Clowning around
                            Got it Amy and sent a reply back to your goofy question...jk...thanks a bunch! I agree with the old saying, the only stupid question is the question you don't ask. Big grin
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh crap, I was going into this thinking I had no pressure. I already set a nice PR here in Maine, got my BQ that's good for the next two years, and even ran a sub 3:20 and now what do you do but put the pressure of making the the whole state proud...oh crap! Wink
                              Sorry about that, lol. I KNOW you'll do well, so I didn't intend to pressure you.
                              evanflein

......Maybe I should actually register first, and worry about the logisitics later....
                                That gets my vote! We'll help you with the details and it'll be so much fun! I can't wait! Twocat, I'd say resist that urge for a test run. Every time I do that I tell myself later "well that wasn't such a smart idea!" Last night I wanted to see how my foot would feel after a 5 mile run and NO ibuprofen. Why do I do these things? Well... I got my answer. Walking pretty tenderly today. Headed to the pool tonight for about 30 minutes of pool running, then home to pack and clean up a bit. I hate leaving the house such a mess, but there's not much choice. Just realized that I leave again on Monday the 10th for work in Seattle thru Thursday. The whole week just about. Seems like I've been traveling a lot this year. I'm going to blame the condition of my house on that, I think. Much easier than thinking we're just slobs.