Masters Running

Thursday 10/30 runs and such (Read 579 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Got it Amy and sent a reply back to your goofy question...jk...thanks a bunch! I agree with the old saying, the only stupid question is the question you don't ask. Big grin
    Amy, did you send me the list? I have not recieved anything yet....Bob, you could forward it to me, that would be great. tgreen "at" spchevy "dot" net Knock um dead Bob....oh never mind...that's Twocat Smile Well Erika, you just convinced me to NOT try a "test the foot" run! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Best wishes to the weekend marathoners especially Tim on his 1st, hope the foot holds up for you... Twocat, Erika & Maine doing the big one in NYC Cool I can't imagine running in that crowd. I haven't had time to read the posts the last couple days, hope I did't miss any breaking news. 6.6 miles last night with a couple of 42 yr. old 3:30 marathoners who were taking a easy run. I kept up, it wasn't easy. Roll eyes But it was exactly what I was looking for. Smile Today 6.5 miles GA in 1:01:40 with a few icy spots on the road Surprised I'm not ready for that yet.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Heh-heh--Mntnchk posted pictures of boobies (said in my best Beavis and Butthead voice)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Amy, did you send me the list? I have not recieved anything yet....Bob, you could forward it to me, that would be great.
          I sent that out to ya Tim, I hope you get it.
            Heh-heh--Mntnchk posted pictures of boobies (said in my best Beavis and Butthead voice)
            Too Funny! Big grin
              My FIL has brought some of his homemade sausage and is cooking it for dinner so I can get the kids ready (I dare not ask what type of meat went into it. DH gave his okay for Seattle......Maybe I should actually register first, and worry about the logisitics later....
              What part of the country is he from? I've heard that "roadkill sausage" is a specialty in some parts. Maybe southern Ohio? I think you will have a greta time in Seattle. We're all envious. Better warn notify the Kickrunners that you're coming! Amy: You nailed it. The #1 good thing about retirement so far is being able to pick my time to run. Yes, I did enjoy running in the dark in a perverse sort of way, but now I can make almost any run a "weekend run". Smile Smile Smile

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

What part of the country is he from? I've heard that "roadkill sausage" is a specialty in some parts. Maybe southern Ohio?
                He lives in Wyoming, which is next door to South Dakota, so watch it there, Riley (as in "Life of") Wink
                Masters 2000 miles
                  Oh crap, I was going into this thinking I had no pressure. I already set a nice PR here in Maine, got my BQ that's good for the next two years, and even ran a sub 3:20 and now what do you do but put the pressure of making the the whole state proud...oh crap! Wink
                  I'll be wearing my Maine race shirt to lunch, just to keep the eyes of Maine on you Big grin! Holly--HOO RAY!!!!! Pack your spangles for the Pink Door!
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  dg.

hi Smile Doug, what a great run. a lovely description too. I hope it makes up for all the home project fun. PDR, congratulations. Erika, Sad. I was so happy about how well your run went. I take it back. {{{{ }}}} Twocat, good news about your hammies. yes, wait. I went to the gym this morning (21F but it doesn't count when you're inside) not sure if I was going to be able to do anything... but the elliptical didn't irritate anything! woohoo. 41 minutes Precor. lax burn. (hee) Just 16 min. on the bike, that bothered my shin. shins. whatever its. Then lots of stability ball work. then 1 ziippy 200 meter lap. happy running & safe traveling to all the weekend racers!
                    xor

Mr. Blutarski. Zero point zero. Ok, I have nothing to add today. Carry on.

Renee the dog

Twocat -- STEP AWAY FROM THE GARMIN, THE SHOES.... DON'T DO IT! You will increase your chances of running a good race by not F-ing things up now! Be strong Man! I just overseeded my lawn and hope to goodness that Mr Nono gets home on time so I can go running. He's flying back from Seattle, and kids need to go to a Mischief Night party that our town hosts. Oh, and Renee needs to go to the dog sitter as we go away tomorrow. Wish me luck -- if I don't report back it means I probably didn't get it done. Blush

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh duh ..... Now I get it!! Roll eyes

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

What part of the country is he from? I've heard that "roadkill sausage" is a specialty in some parts. Maybe southern Ohio?
                            Actually, this is supposed to be an old family recipe (German), and I'm pretty sure there was no wild game listed as an ingredient of the original recipe. I don't really have to worry, though, not being a big sausage eater (boy that sounded bad, didn't it), I will probably only have a bite or two to be polite. I'm saving room for the candy...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly - Halloween is tomorrow night! Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

hopeful, I didn't get it either Confused When I woke up this morning, first thought I had was "I sure hope Holly picks Seattle!" And then I imagined all the fun she would have here. And I imagined her staying with me and steam cleaning my carpets at 7am. Could be a good deal... And then she was my imaginary guest of honour on my run today. I take along a different person each day and have great conversations with them. I could hardly keep up with her though, whew! 47F, 12 miles (3 x 4 mile horse trail loop). Each loop faster than the one before it. I've perfected that "progression" thing. Just have to go extremely slow on the first loop. 11:38 o/a pace.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."