Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 7.26.14 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Mariposai, you (and your DH) are truly an inspiration. I'm sure the folks in your town are very glad to have you among them. Good luck with your continued good work to help those who have suffered so much with those awful fires.

Tramps, I'm glad I have a few years left before my perception of happiness begins to decline - it's good to have something to look forward to!

Crazy Day indeed, Starr! Good for you for topping it off with a bike ride.

I wish safe and healing travels to you and DD, Lamerunner.

Nice loon photo, Stumpy!

I woke at 3:45 this morning, got up 5 minutes later, and was out the door 10 minutes after that. I went 10.1 RW miles, and enjoyed watching the skies lighten, even if it was way to cloudy on the horizon for any kind of a scenic sunrise. It was about 61F and only mildly muggy, so good (not ideal) walking conditions.

Like Slo, I'm on vacation. I won't say I'm ready for it, but I fell asleep during my massage yesterday afternoon. After breakfast this morning (at our favorite dive, of course), we and our traveling friend will pack the car and head up to tiny Castine, ME (on the east side of Penobscot Bay. It's a pretty town that we visit every year. There is little to do in Castine - perfect!

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

BlazinCajun

Posai,

You have a great attitude concerning the wildfire circumstance that you are in. We gripe about change - we are here for a reason as individuals to make a difference even in the smallest things. Keep it up.

Have recently been out west to help with the wildland fire situation as an infrared interpreter working nights and briefing the situation unit on the heat detection signatures from the previous day and evening. Fairly intense work, but safe from a distance. Be sure to obtain the daily fire report in the morning for your area. If you have wifi then you could download it from the fire website.

Wasn't feeling super great at the beginning of this morning's run and by run's end felt much better - my medicine.

Good runs to all

Andrew
      ------------------
      God, my Lord, is my strength;
      he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
      and enables me to go upon the heights.
      Hb 3:19

....mornin' guys//...........nice to sse BlazinCajun back with the group

==========

......a wee bit of walking with the RacingCrutches......hurt a little......

then 34-min poolrun, no belt, deep end only

followed by a HotSoak in the Tub>>>>>>Life is Good...

Claire said to tell everybody ,,,,,er,,,,,,,,,,,,,ok, she's got StageFright...we'll tell everybody later 

........good running guys.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

BlazinCajun

Here is a link to the Carlton Complex which encompasses several fires in Eastern Washington. This is the daily Situation Report

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/3967/

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Hi Claire.

I hope you and Grandma and Grandpa are having fun fun fun and get to go for a bye bye ride and have ice cream. It would be nice if there was a ice cream that tasted like bunny.

I have a new niece. Her name is Marley and she is a very bad dog.

I have to share my treats and ice cream with her. I get my toys out to play with Dad and she wants them too. When we go run run run she wants to try and take my sticks and she chews on them even.  Does anyone chew up your good sticks?

Sometimes I have to babysit both Honey and Marley! When Dad takes us run run run. Both Honey and Marley need to be on leashes because they just don't listen and they may get lost forever. Even when we go swimming.  Does your Grandpa keep a leash on you?

When Dad got home from work when it was yesterday, I was very happy to finally see him! I was already outside and went run run run all crazy fast to go get him! He just stood there and did not even see me. He kept calling my name, "Tag! Tag!" very loud like he does when I'm out visiting and he wants me to come home. I jumped up high as I could over and over and he still could not find me. I sat like a good boy and yelled back, "Here Dad! Down here!" and he still could not find me. He yelled at Mom and asked  if she knew where I was. She told him that he's silly. I hope your grandma and grandpa are never silly. Dad yelled and yelled, "Taggy Butt!" and he still did not find me. I brought him my best stick even and it was not working. I got so excited that I jumped up and hit my head into his belly as hard as I could. Finally!! He saw me! He started complaining to Mom, but she said it served him right.  I hope you have a good day with everyone.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Dave59

The usual Saturday routine of breakfast and grocery shopping with Cindy.  Then I went out for a run but thunder and rain made me cut it off at 1 mile.  I looked at the radar on Weather Underground and saw it was just a pop-up shower, so after a little wait I went out for 5 more miles.  Felt pretty good out there.

Tag - I am going to try that trick when Annabelle comes to visit next week.  I'll pretend I don't see her.

Mariposai

Andrew,  thanks for sharing that link.

I am hoping Claire will come out to play with us here today.

Nice picture,  Avenger dog.

Speaking of dog,  I had a puppy at my door steps today. She followed me during my run today. I had to cut the run short because I could not get rid of her. She is so cute. We are trying to find the owner right now.

Off to do fire updates translation,  then work.

Have a fantastic day my friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...Thanks AvergerDoggie//..........much appreciated.......

Claire will check in after I get off from work today........

King of PhotoShop

Good work for you to do Blazin. Very impressive.  Keep it up and nice to see you.

TW, I don't tell you often enough I think of you and your stick-to-it-tiveness.  Great attitude you have.

The Saint and I ran a 5K race in Plano this morning and we were a bit concerned about the conditions. It was 80 when we awoke at 5:45 and 90 at the start.  it will hit triple digits this afternoon.  No breeze at all. But the course was flat and the distance is not long, so we persevered.

The race was sponsored by "The Turning Point" which offers support for women who suffer from rape, physical or mental abuse, bullying and so on.  They did a magnificent job putting on this race and had a ton of sponsors.  Their volunteers were there to help us register, and we got all set up quickly and went out to warm up.

Most of you think because her name is "The Saint" that she is some kind and sweet person, but she is really very mean and sarcastic.  Driving to the race she tells me, "I'm going to tell the people when I register that I don't like to run in the heat and really don't want to race today but my husband over there told me if I didn't he would beat the hell out of me."  This is the kind of hilarity I enjoy on a daily basis.

So all this running she is doing with me now is really helping her.  Her goal is to break 30 minutes in the 5K and while that was not achievable in today's conditions, I was very proud of her 30:50 at age 58 and her 1st AG finish.  Good for her!

I won my AG with 26:39, or 8:35 pace and I was very happy with that, so we had a great morning. I think I will take a nap.  Spareribs

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Speaking of dogs...Ryan got himself a new running partner...

He's only had him about 3 weeks and he has already had to take him in for surgery to remove a ball he swallowed.  I'm really kind of surprised at much Ryan seems to love that dog.  His name is Dash.

Well...my run kicked my butt, this morning.  My plan called for 4 hours and I figured 28 miles was a reasonable distance.  I went to a nature center nearby to get used to the trails...oh man, do I need more work on trails!  I was at 21 miles at 3 hours and was ready to just call it a day.  I was only able to get 4 miles in the last hour...and it was hard!  I'm beginning to think it's humanly impossible to run 50 miles.

Okay--I gotta go.  I have to get ready to go to a wedding.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Most of you think because her name is "The Saint" that she is some kind and sweet person, but she is really very mean and sarcastic.  Driving to the race she tells me, "I'm going to tell the people when I register that I don't like to run in the heat and really don't want to race today but my husband over there told me if I didn't he would beat the hell out of me."  This is the kind of hilarity I enjoy on a daily basis.

snork! 

Tag - you are a good dog.

Mike - your son's dog looks like a good dog too.

I meant to do my LR today, but I remembered that DH said he might clean the garage today, so I headed back home early to make sure he wasn't throwing out a lot of my stuff without my permission (he was).  (sigh)  So then after I went into the dumpster and pulled out a bunch of perfectly good stuff, some of which I kept and some of which went into the Goodwill pile, but still, not actually trash. Then I decided to pull weeds and finish my LR tomorrow.

Yesterday I took DH to Ohio State University in Columbus for a campus tour and assorted lectures about the school.  He is still undecided, so we are looking at options.

11 miles for me today in 66-71-ish degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

And a more perfect match for you could never be found. Good job on the racing today, especially in that heat.

That hair of Ryan's just kills me. Cute dog though, and he looks like a great running partner, albeit with strange dietary choices.

That fire in WA is such a terrible situation. Our DS2 has friends who are firefighters and they have probably been sent to WA to help with that fire. No need for them here this year since we're having record breaking rain fall.

Holly! That's our biggest struggle with cleaning this place up. We both are too attached to stuff, and I can't throw anything away. Or I couldn't. I'm getting better. But I always try to see if it can be recycled or reused, either by me or someone else because I hate the idea of just throwing everything away. So it hangs around a bit longer than it should. But still, I think we're making progress. Nothing like tearing your garage apart to force the issue of cleaning it out and dealing with stuff.

Who is running Hartford this year? DH and I are looking at fall races, and that one looks like a good one to start with. I rarely travel for just one though, so there's a lot of planning involved. Will be fun if we can pull it off.

Finally! A nice day here, and on a Saturday as well! I have nothing planned, and was thinking of doing my last 20 miler next week. But there's a half marathon on the 2nd, so I may not feel like running 20 the day after. So... this weekend? I just did that big race last weekend so not sure I'm fully ready for a 20 mile run. But, it's nice out there now and the way this summer has been, I sure can't count on that lasting! Hmmm, what to do, what to do.....

Tramps

Puppy day around here.  Nice.

Mari--nice of you to be helping out in times of trouble.

Jay--I'm envious of being able to head out the door 10 minutes after waking up.  I need my coffee and a good 30-45 minutes to wake up.

TW--what Ribs said.  Any progress on your hiring dilemmas?

Congrats to the Saint and Ribs for their AG wins...in horrible conditions, too!

Mike--good luck in your training.  Somehow I'm not worried about your being able to do 50.

Erika and Holly--is this some gender issue?  I mock TriBee as a hoarder; she won't throw anything out, hangs on to it for years, and then eventually tosses it because she's got new stuff to keep. Geesh.

Feeling tired this week so I slept in this morning...an incredible 11 hours of sleep.  Wow.  Went for my 5-miler with 4 MP miles and it felt pretty easy despite the mid-day sun.  Apparently sleep helps.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

I meant to do my LR today, but I remembered that DH said he might clean the garage today, so I headed back home early to make sure he wasn't throwing out a lot of my stuff without my permission (he was).  (sigh)  So then after I went into the dumpster and pulled out a bunch of perfectly good stuff, some of which I kept and some of which went into the Goodwill pile, but still, not actually trash. Then I decided to pull weeds and finish my LR tomorrow.

The mistake your DH made is letting you know what he was going to go.  When I cleaned the basement, I just went down there and quietly got rid of a bunch of junk.  That was a couple years ago and no one has noticed anything missing.  I am ready to apologize for anything that I may have accidentally tossed out that I shouldn't have.

...thanks AvengerDoggie//.....Claire and her Mimi are currently looking at the Doll Collection (which I mercifully got out of)

she

will be THRILLED when they get back!!!!!!

===========

tramps and ribbs//.....thanks,

usually I say ''No Other Options''

but

lately I've been thinking maybe I should stop

an ''AttaBoy'' is appreciated in those times

also,

I put the batteries back in the scale, and have gained 4-pounds!!!!

..........the Former FatKid in me (168 in the 8th grade)

has done

some Serious 'Splaining to the Current  Me, (179 at 64)

so I will Endeavor to Persevere

.......also

using Tramp's Hiring Model, I have a VERY good employee working for me now (Much Obliged)