Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 5.8.14 (Read 38 times)

Mariposai

ez2mntrail, ball room dancing!!! Enjoy!

tselbs, I was wondering where you were.

No running today, but I am getting ready to go to a meeting where like minded folks will gather to talk about the possibility of starting a running club in Omak. I am very excited about the idea!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

All my next races at least until September are half-marathon distance or shorter.

Karin, you're still planning on the Vermont 50 miler in September, aren't you?   I'm curious why you aren't running some trail marathons or 50ks for training?

Who else is thinking of doing the VT50?  It's on September 28, and they have a 50 mile, 50k, and 50 mile relay.   I'm definitely coming!  Could be another greta RA gathering!   It sounds like there might also be a RA gathering at the Richmond marathon on November 15.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wildchild---I am racing with my kiddo and my team at the shorter distances in June and July and planning lots of trail running with my ultra teammates on the other weekends---no need to enter races for that though. Three and four hour back to back runs on weekends will set me up great especially with Amy as my coach. Indeed I am registering for VT 50 on May 25. My first priority is my kiddo though and we have some 5k, 10k, and half marathon plans. VT50 is only about making the cut-offs and celebrating a new age group--not racing. It's awesome that you'll be coming and I hope lots of RAers will be there!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

6 miles on the treadmill while watching the NFL draft.

I am hoping the VT50 works out for me.  I know registration is opening up on May 25th.  Does anybody know if it fills up fast?  I'll be on the road.

Okay--it is way past my bedtime.  See ya!

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh--hi Karin.  Next question...50k or 50 mile?

Hey all!!  Thanks for the recap Twocat!!

Sorry I haven't been posting much again .... had a great 8.2 mile run Monday in OOB, Maine - my happy place!!  Then worked Tuesday and started having a bout of vertigo that was awful and lasted well into the day Wednesday.  Better today but my head still feels a bit foggy Sad  NP said it looks allergy related as my ear drums were very inflammed and red, yet not infected and no wax.  Weird!!  Taking nasal steroids which I'm not crazy about but anything is better than that vertigo!!  YUCK!!

Walked about 1.5 miles today to make sure my head was on straight, then ran an easy 2.5 -- supposed to do a triathlon Sunday but switched over to the duathlon -- 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run --- didnt think it was wise to venture into the frigid water after this bout of vertigo and I am actually not looking forward to even doing the duathlon

Vermont Relay would be fun!!

Richmond,VA is sounding better and better for a fall marathon!!

denise