Masters Running

Wednesday's Runs, Rests, and Realities (Read 601 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Dg – yikes – that’s a stressful start to your day... Shocked Tallrunner – trust your taper to re-energize you. You've been working super-hard. Now it's time to rest and heal.... Tim – what Tallrunner and Breger said....and I think you need to go swimming with Slo_Hand.... Wink Halllar and Tramps (and Aamos of course) – if you per chance decide on the Air Force Marathon, let me know – I would love to meet up with you while you are in town. If you want to trim costs, you are more than welcome to stay at our house. (DH himself made that offer after he met the RA folks at Boston last year – “Such nice people! You be sure to tell them that anyone needs a place to stay for a race in our area is welcome to stay here....” Smile The race is only 20 minutes away. AF has of course has a special place in my heart since I got my first BQ there, but it’s a nice race, well organized, not too big/not too small, and the finish as you come down the runway with big planes lined up on every side is very kewl. I think I’ll be running the half there this year, due to the timing of it in my training for Columbus. But I’ll be more than happy to wait for the full marathoners and shuttle anyone who needs a ride. And Tramps, don’t you know? There’s no such thing as overposting at RA when it comes to you. I checked your contract. Wink 4.65 recovery miles for me today, followed by 1.1 mile jog/walk with DD. We stopped a couple times to smell the flowers and lilac bushes. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Good morning Still a bit rainy here. After a poor night of sleep and this ongoing respiratory crud, I barely got myself out the door this morning. 45 degrees, light rain. I actually had a decent run. It rained off and on, but the new leaves and green are gorgeous. About 6.5 pretty mellow miles. I am still mixing elliptical and running as I receover from Boston. Left hip has been cranky, but it is getting better. walking oddly seems to help it. Mild sciatic symptoms still but hanging in there. Not too much the worse for wear. Yesterrday was a strong 65 mins on the elliptical, a bit over ten miles, plus arm weights I wlil have to decide on a fall marathon and also how to train for it. Will have to be low mileage... I may look into some maintenance PT or similar. Erika, how is your back coming along? Have a good day.

#artbydmcbride

Smile {{dg}} I'm glad you finally got your coffee! Smile SLO Hand, no pretending to need rescuing now! Big grin Tetsujin, I knew you would notice. Blush

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #3309

I was greeted by our new lifegaurd........wearing a hunter green single piece swim suit with an open back. On the front across the chest area was the USA Swimming logo. She had on a pair of cotton sweats that were cut off just above the calf and had the top neatly rolled down to the top of her hips.......exposing the cut on the front of her swim suit. Her hair, blond with darker streaks, had that tussled, just out of the shower look. Standing about 5' 10", slender and athletic, she stood over the pool watching us. Even as I made my turns, on my back, arms extended, pushing off the wall I could see her rippled figure through the water. Even distorted she looks good!
          I'm sure your wife will be thrilled with your new found discovery, and the precise description of every detail of this hottie Big grin....ok, what time is your next swim session, and where (I will be real early) TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Hey I read Tim's post as e.prioryhookers.com Surprised Time for new glasses....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

Tim, I just can't resist adding my comments on your ex-hooker prospective date! She thinks it's bad to read the labels on food to see fat content, etc.? WTF? Confused I agree that life is short and you need to live a little, but life will be longer if you eat healthy food. Jeesh. Oh, and her hair looks like she stuck her finger in an electric outlet! SloHand, that lifeguard sounds like excellent motivation for you to get your slacker self to the pool more often! dg, too funny! I've had to break into my house before. Luckily I don't usually lock the door from the bedroom to the upstairs deck, so I just need to carry a ladder over. (Now you all know how to get into my house!) Tramps, great picture! Your deer have such little ears! I'm used to our mule deer. Holly, I love to stop and smell lilacs - they're one of my favorites! I'm planning to RAL, but it's supposed to be 75° so I'll have to run easy. Or maybe I'll wait till after work when it's cooler.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Slo

I'm sure your wife will be thrilled with your new found discovery, and the precise description of every detail of this hottie Big grin....ok, what time is your next swim session, and where (I will be real early) TBo
                My next swim session is Friday....5:00am. But before you come I should point out that our new life guard will be at Ball State University working with thier diving team.
                dg.

Sue! Did you have a tarp? Or was that stuff bagged? I've been picturing you driving around in a pickup filled with mud soup. I bet they did think you were crazy but it makes perfect sense to me. I'll let you know how this HRM works out... as soon as I get through the manual. It makes toast. -). I'm glad Jesse was ok., I've been meaning to ask about him. Re the baby.. my stepson & his wife just had their first. Thanks, Holly, Ilene... it sure wasn't what I had planned! but Leslie is right, I was laughing (inside) while I was grumbling. Kevin, always the engineer. Wink Erika... so sorry about your PT!! I wish you could go to mine. mta, nono, Big grin Carolyn, glad I'm not alone. .. and I'll be sure to pop in if I'm in the neighborhood. -) Have to agree about the hair. Tim, you should 'run' these wimmin by us first.

King of PhotoShop

I have to admit that my dating problems are similar to Tim's. I am signed up on several sites and you would NOT BELIEVE how touchy some of these women are when I get around to admitting I am married. Geeze! Loosen up ladies, huh? Up early for the group breakfast then went around and glad-handed the people who will be my audience later today. I speak from 10:45 til noon, so I have nothing to do until then. Will run after I'm finished. I think this lake is the largest, deepest (and coldest) in the State of Washington. Quite a beautiful resort. I got in my rental car at 2 pm yesterday just as the first pitch was thrown in the Seattle-Texas game, and listened to it on the radio all the way here. What a trip. I had mountains on my left and the beautiful Wenatchee River on my right. Very pleasant. Spareribs
                    Slo

Have to agree about the hair. Tim, you should 'run' these wimmin by us first.
                      You know.....it's not just the hair.....It's the paneling in the back ground, the low cut top.....I'll bet she's got a cigarette trapped between two fingers that are out of the frame of that picture.....Tim, I'm thinking straight up trailer trash. A deep husky voice and a pot belly. She just wanted to drop you before you dropped her. Wink Evil grin

Top 'O the World!

, (Now you all know how to get into my house!)
                        ......Uhm yah....., just need to FIND it!! Big grin Yup, Carolyn ~ is warming up quickly out there.....only made it 2.5 before Mairead called a "shade break!" walk/jogged her back home from there....
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        lamerunner

P.S. Leslie, is that a Siamese cat in your avatar? We have three. Quite the characters...
                          TammyinGP

I think today will be a rest day for me. Due to too much stuff going on this weekend, I'm moving my long run to tomorrow afternoon and then will do a couple of shorter runs this weekend. Taking a few hours off work in the afternoon to run 16 miles with my running partner. So tonight after work will just be stretching and core work.

Tammy

Lots of fun reading today, dg's trials with breaking into her own house and Tim's getting dumped by a priorhooker - I hope that was made up too! My girlfriend and I were trying to break into her house once when we were about 12 and locked out. The next door neighbour lady threatened to call the police even though she knew my friend lived there! Roll eyes So there are a whole bunch of swine flu cases at the middle school a couple blocks away (at least 11 cases, and 20% of the students were absent on Monday). A few cases at the elementary schools too. Tick tick tick....it is just a matter of time. So far they are saying the stuff spreading right now is mostly mild. Let's hope so.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Our lilacs are only beginning to think about blooming. Green lawns are out--to "go green" and conserve water, you need a brownish lawn to be Cool. We went on a trip when we lived in rural MN and returned to find the teenager across the street who was taking care of the cats locked the door when she was watching a scary movie and pulled it shut when she left and we didn't have a key (really rural, no one locked their doors) and had to get the police to help us break in, then shell out for the door and lock to be repaired Sad. Holly wrote: "(DH himself made that offer after he met the RA folks at Boston last year – “Such nice people! You be sure to tell them that anyone needs a place to stay for a race in our area is welcome to stay here....” " ...................................and I just want to point that out to show that when we practice and then try really hard, we can too be on our best behavior! We'll stay in a motel, but I would enjoy seeing everyone -- I'm just trying not to register for a lot of marathons this year to maintain my pledge to take it easy this year--it's hard! We have the AF on the list (and an AF marathon towel with the 09 date on it in the bathroom!) We have deer and turkeys out behind us, on the morning route where we walk Frank. Great photo. TimBo, I think Tall and Bil gave you good advice. Find a runner--at least she'll have normal hair! Ribs, glad you found a nice sedate game there. The Red Sox Yankees series, on second thought, might have been too much excitement (4 runs in the first inning, etc. etc.). Good luck tomorrow Tammy, on the LR, and you work too hard. grins, A
                                Masters 2000 miles