Masters Running

Wednesday's Runs, Rests, and Realities (Read 601 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim, you should 'run' these wimmin by us first.
    OK, what about this one Smile Link didn't show her anymore??? "Very picky" prolly rules me out Tongue....why are people sooo full of themselves sometimes? TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Yeh, Tim, I'm with ya buddy. I've been keeping my running life a secret from my wife for several years now. If she only knew..... Big grin
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        biketm my TP has/had a husband who was very much not into her running and other stuff. I can tell you it ends badly. As others have said better to know now. dg. can you say hide-a-key? Big grin SLO_HAND do you like write scripts for the movies people deny ever seeing? Wink Tramps the turkey? Did I win something? Tongue tetsujin209 hey no fair being down at zero with me! Spareribs great opening! ROFLMAO I tell you if you are a plant move to CT! I has been raining since I got back on Sunday and there is rain forecast every day between now and forever! Ok, back to work. Soggycat

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #3309

I have to admit that my dating problems are similar to Tim's. I am signed up on several sites and you would NOT BELIEVE how touchy some of these women are when I get around to admitting I am married. Geeze! Loosen up ladies, huh?
          Actually, I would have better luck with dating......................married woman, seriously. I have been hit up on and asked out many times by married women (they say would who really needs to know) Roll eyes. The worst is the single dances I go to sometimes where stoopid married woman show up with no rings...guess they want to see if they "still have it" Hey...all of this is nothing that a good solid track workout tonight won't take care of Big grin Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

our lilacs are in full fragrant bloom right now. Well, I don't have any lilacs, but when I head out for my runs, I smell them everywhere. I think one of my favorites though is the jasmine. I absolutely adore that smell. And it's one of my husband's favorite smells as well. Reminds him of his childhood and his grandmother's house. She lived on a huge estate in the San Fran hills over looking the GG bridge. It was one of those Better Homes & Gardens places. She had lots of night blooming jasmine. so, my plan this summer when I start planting the planters around our house and patio areas are to find some jasmine and plant it.

Tammy

dg.

<quote pid="9bed3e47437a43b19e651717f79d2806<b>dg.</b> can you say hide-a-key? :d soggycat</quote> i like the way you say that. :d both dh & i were saying it just this morning... :roll: funny post today. you.... or the editor? testing, testing. ??? pid=""></quote pid="9bed3e47437a43b19e651717f79d2806<b>dg.</b> can you say hide-a-key? :d soggycat</quote> i like the way you say that. :d both dh & i were saying it just this morning... :roll: funny post today. you.... or the editor? testing, testing. ???>
                Another day, another crappy run....ugh...legs are as heavy as a stack of bricks...Whole body is tired. I am sure it had nothing to do with Saturday's 39k with the last 6k at 4k pace or so...hmmmm. Okay my fault...taper time.... About forgetting or losing keys. Here's what happened to me last week. Went running on the cross country trail, 2x10k at MP. Had my key on a chain around my neck as I had no pockets. After about 15K I realized I had no key, but the chain was around my neck but unhooked. Ugh....So here I am ambling up the trail up and down, flipping leaves, etc.. for about 3k freezing in the light drizzle when I finally found it....I sure make contingency plans now like a spare key at the house, etc.. Cheers. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

dg.

<quote pid="9bed3e47437a43b19e651717f79d2806<b>dg.</b> can you say hide-a-key? :d soggycat</quote> i like the way you say that. :d both dh & i were saying it just this morning... :roll: funny post today. you.... or the editor? my blank post? i've added things to it twice. still blank. trying again. maybe it's a message of some kind.... tall, that sounds awful! can't believe you ever found it. pid=""></quote pid="9bed3e47437a43b19e651717f79d2806<b>dg.</b> can you say hide-a-key? :d soggycat</quote> i like the way you say that. :d both dh & i were saying it just this morning... :roll: funny post today. you.... or the editor? my blank post? i've added things to it twice. still blank. trying again. maybe it's a message of some kind.... tall, that sounds awful! can't believe you ever found it.>

Marathon Maniac #957

Dg - are you whispering?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Dg - are you whispering?
                      ok, i'll try again. Holly, I was just going to e-mail you and ask if my posts were only blank on my pc.... insert twilight zone music. I'm speaking quietly but I'm not whispering! weird! ok, it worked. now i'll copy what i wrote before, because if I click modify it's still there. <quote pid="9bed3e47437a43b19e651717f79d2806<b>dg.</b> can you say hide-a-key? :d soggycat</quote> i like the way you say that. :d both dh & i were saying it just this morning... :roll: funny post today. you.... or the editor? my blank post? i've added things to it twice. still blank. trying again. maybe it's a message of some kind.... tall, that sounds awful! can't believe you ever found it. enke, 8[ pid=""></quote pid="9bed3e47437a43b19e651717f79d2806<b>dg.</b> can you say hide-a-key? :d soggycat</quote> i like the way you say that. :d both dh & i were saying it just this morning... :roll: funny post today. you.... or the editor? my blank post? i've added things to it twice. still blank. trying again. maybe it's a message of some kind.... tall, that sounds awful! can't believe you ever found it. enke, 8[>
                        Darn - I guess I have to cancel my hair appointment - I was going to get my hair done just like the trailer trash chick....... dg - glad to hear you got back into your house. Sounds like something I would do. The dirt was bagged, but it had rained so hard that the dirt was waterlogged (mud). I told the checker (he looked like he was about 12) that for what I was paying for "dirt" they could certainly load it for me. They sent a poor woman who couldn't even lift one bag. She then called for the forklift which took another half an hour to round up - what a fiasco!! Congratulations on the new grandbaby!! Tramps - great photo! The only downside to Philly last year was the cold weather. It was below freezing for much oif the race, and the spilled water at the water stops froze solid on the asphalt and made the footing treacherous. This shouldn't be an issue for some as swift of foot as you ;-). (((((lame))))) - hope you beat the respiratory crud soon! Twocat - my side of Connecticut is sunny and warm right now (but that surely won't last......) OOhhh, lilacs - gotta get one of those!! Even if the yard sucks, it'll still smell good. Noon core and weights - now ready for a nap.......

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

Let's see if this will work for me...this is what Dg's trying to post...
                          dg. can you say hide-a-key? Big grin
                          I like the way you say that. Big grin both dh & I were saying it just this morning... Roll eyes funny post today. you.... or the editor? my blank post? i've added things to it twice. still blank. trying again. maybe it's a message of some kind.... Tall, that sounds awful! Can't believe you ever found it. enke, Shocked

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Tramps - great photo! The only downside to Philly last year was the cold weather.
                            Downside? Confused Big grin (I see how a ice might be a little tricky, though.) Keys: I ran a race a couple of years ago where I took the wrong key off my keyring and had to call my DW to bring me a key so I could get back in my truck. You can guess what I hear now before just about every freakin' race. Roll eyes

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A couple of years ago I took my DW's van to the park where I sometimes run. I very carefully put the ignition key in my key pocket and locked the rest of the keys in the van. Only remembering as the door closed that we had the ignition replaced and there was a door key AND an ignition key. Embarrassed So instead of my nice park loop that I planned, I ran home, got the spare keys and rode my bike back to pick up the van. I got my run in, plus a bike ride--I called it my brain fart duathlon.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

xor

Today's Jack Daniels workout. He certainly likes to diddle around with tempo runs. 2 miles easy 17 minutes at tempo pace 3 minutes easy 17 minutes tempo 3 minutes easy 10 minutes tempo 2 miles easy So, a 44 minute tempo run chunked out with a bit of recovery thrown in. It's raining here, so I did this one on a treadmill. This is ok.... speed work on a treadmill is a whole lot more fun than a long run on a treadmill. 11ish miles total. The Philadelphia Marathon is one of those races with polarized opinions. I know people who really like it, and lots of folks who really really don't. I don't know anyone in the middle, which is interesting to me.