Masters Running

Thursday July 14th - daily thread (Read 391 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good morning all,

Now I remember why I like New England.  The humidity broke last night, so it was 65 degrees, sunny and dry at 5:30 this morning.  Went out for a 10 miler that felt SPROINKY.  Haven't had one of those in a while.  Nice.

Dave59

2nd straight day in the 50's here in Michigan.  An easy 3 miles for me along with a better than average workout at the gym. 

mrrun

sproink in Boston as well - 5 glorious miles along the Charles

Happy Bastille Day and runs to all,

Marj

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Sproinkly is the best way to start a day!!

So sorry to read about your friend TwoCat.   I too hope you can get to Houston soon.

DH only works 1/2 days today and tomorrow and then is done!   It has been a very non-stressful week for him and the owner came in and talked to him earlier in the week.   He congratulated him on the new job and said that he understood his leaving and was happy for him to have found something so close to home.   Shock! 

I slept like the dead last night without drugs.    I set out clothes with the thought that if I woke up early on my own I'd go out for a short run.   Neither of us woke up until it was time to get ready and I think it was the dogs that told us it was time!  Smile    Not only is it sad that I have not run in a week, but I am missing all this great cool weather in the mornings.   This weekend the humidity will be back.

Happy Thursday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Jlynne

Another Midwest state checking in.... Great weather here as well but the H&H will be back with a vengeance starting tomorrow. Just in time for DH to start playing in a 3-day golf tournament.

Good morning Renauldo! Glad you got your identity straightened out at the SS office.

TwoCat, sorry to hear about your good friend. I hope you can arrange a visit in the near future.

Leslie - your post yesterday reminded me of an old public service announcement they used to play on television when I was a kid (modified slightly) "It's 10:00 PM: do you know where your cats are?"  Big grin

Hey Dive - looks like Tetsujin has thrown down the gauntlet. Don't let him intimidate you!

Please Erika, you out of shape? I only wish I could do ONE run and keep up with you.

(((Steve)))  - hang in there with the kidlets. Always remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

7 miles this morning, then went to the Y for 10 minutes on the eliptical. Even at no resistance, holy sh#( am I out of shape! 7 weeks of no core or ab work have really taken their toll on this old body. I think I'm in for a big challenge these next few weeks, and it could be ugly....

lamerunner

Good morning; happy Bastille Day! Must be an excuse for some sort of party. Nice weather indeed this morning. low 60s and dry air. I ran a reasonably sproinky 9 miles.  yesterday I took a rest day from running, just swam 1500 at lunch and played some tennis in the evening.  it was a bit drizzly at first but we had fun.

Nice to hear from Karin and Hudson! Very exciting you two get to run together today. 

Steve P. you need to check Avenger's chow... I think he got into the catnip or something.

Very nice runs fro Mariposai and Erika.  Erika, you may be tired from last month. For me at least sometimes things catch up with me on a delayed basis. And I would not be up for 40 miles either.

Thanks for all the kind words on the triathlon. Learning experience; that is for sure!

DH and I may do a long hike this weekend.  DS is off at camp. Sure miss that boy.

Happy Thursday!

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody. 

Twocat--I'm really sorry to hear about your friend--that's really tough.  It's also a big kick in the butt for me to stop feeling so sorry for myself...just because I can't run for a little while. 

Yep--I'm done feeling sorry for myself.  I'll get through this little setback.  I just need to be smart about it.  I might have to get back on the bike to maintain my fitness level for awhile.  Of course, to let off a little steam, I started a little landscaping project in the front yard that I need to finish now.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hey Mike ..... we started a little landscaping project too..... yikes!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1vQ81jNWw

HappyBastilleDay//////

======

..rest day............double weight sessions

trailrun tomorrow

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Howdy folks! Just a quick update on me: surgery went well yesterday morning and I was home by mid-afternoon. Been resting and doing relatively well, though the anesthesia in my system made me feel quite out of it and very queasy too. Finally got it out of my system (literally) by the evening and instantly I felt much more lucid. And even though I woke up several times overnight, I slept relatively well and am feeling really good this morning. So it's all good!

Twocat, so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you get to visit him shortly.

I did read the wave run discussion over the past couple days, and also find it all very informative and fascinating. I figure by September I'll be ready to try to incorporate actual workouts in my runs, as I start my marathon training for Disney in January. So that gives me the rest of the summer to gradually return to running, and rebuild my base. There's a new half marathon being planned for Bergen County where I live on Sunday of Labor Day weekend, but I think I might pass on that as well. We'll see. Knowing how I returned to running longer distances just in these past couple weeks means I'd probably be up for running it as an easy training run, but I'm not sure I'll be able to resist toning down the intensity that a race environment puts you in. But we'll see.

Thanks again to everyone here for your continued good thoughts and prayers; it's all been much appreciated! Smile

Mike E

MM #5615

Geeze--I can't feel sorry for myself about anything!  I'd like to see that project when you're done, hopeful.

OM--glad you came through okay!

OM, glad you have that behind you.  Do you sell the Ghost 3 in your store?  Because the 4 is out, it's on clearance at the Brooks web site for $65.  Erika, thanks for sharing my joy in running!  Come run these little hills here and you'll know what we all know, that you're in very good shape.

Now I need to manually enter my treadmill run and it's easy to get spoiled with the Garmin import.  6 miles easy planned tonight.  I probably won't post it unless something unusual happens.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

Some nice sproinky runs today for PBJ, Dave, and Marj!

MikeE, hope your heel feels better soon. Been to a doc?

{{{OM}}}  glad the surgery went well yesterday.

Tom/Ted/Renauldo:  What kind of name is Renauldo for a pirate? 

Jeanne, I don't think you'll be as out-of-shape as you think - you've been walking more than I've been running!  7 miles this morning? You must start early!

I ran 3.75 trail miles yesterday after work in the state park - the rain had just passed and the woods were wet.  Nice evening.

Twocat, sorry about your friend.  Hope you have a good visit.

Happy Bastille Day!  Lamerunner, the party excuse is that today is also Mariposai's and my birthdays!  We really don't need a separate birthday thread but you can send chocolate. Wink

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Wildchild--no--I have not seen a doctor about my heel, after this latest episode.  Over the years, though, I have seen numerous doctors about this problem.  I did, email my PT on Monday and asked if I should go back in and he advised me that the doctor, probably, is not going to do a  whole lot.  He suggested to do what I have already been doing--R.I.C.E...and, of course, to come back and see him.  For now, at least, I'm going to wait and see how it does over the next week or so.  

Hopeful ---we have the same siding.

Running  a local 5k this PM, Ophelia Bonner Scholarship run.  They a have 1 mile, 5k , and 8k run and walk.  I really like this run, it is a nice course, quite city streets, and U of M- Flint campus, small, I was actually 2 nd OA in masters division several years ago, and really good eats.  A local church puts this race on.  Lifted yesterday, pretty heavy day, 200 lbs bench x2 and 200 pound squat x4.  Run well  all