Masters Running

2/18 Weds Hump Day Daily - Where You Guys Been.... (Read 530 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lots of nice runs ...and beautiful post by Alex.. great perspective! Out early for 10.5 miles in a glorious 39° rain (not) 1:30:05 (8:40 pace, AHR 145). Tory slept.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

biketm great deer story! Now how much of it is true? Wink Sweet what you are doing for that woman. Finally, getting a raise in the car industry these days really says something about how hard you are working! WillRunForBeer nice mid-week double digit run. breger1 what kind of car do you drive? I never had one with a mechanism like that in it. hopeful4ever interval programming on the Garmin takes some getting used to. FIW here is my algorithm. Since I start by running to wherever I am going to do them as a warm up I set the first item to go until I press the lap button. Then I program in the repeats and the rest intervals without any button pressing needed to proceed from one to the other. Finally, I program in the last speed part separately and when it ends I have as the next lap (again no button to push) as one that only ends when I hit the lap or stop button. This means I have three button pushes in total. (1) Start and run to flat place for workout. (2) Start intervals. (3) Quit timing me I am home! Tongue SueT48 sounds like my workout today! Holly S. TM yech! Pics? Big grin lamerunner at least it sounds like you are on the road to recovery, if not as easily as anybody might hope. Nice 6.5 mile run today. Glad the bobcat did not eat you! He must of been pretty neat to see! Cool Spareribs you know what they say about the 60's, if you remember them you were not there. Sort applies to the 70's and very early 80's too! I have no idea what I was doing on any day that year. The spring of 81 is a total blurr as I was elected social director of a student co-op. Evil grin tselbs some sort of flu like bug is around here too. Seems like people are getting over it fast though. I hope the same holds for you. dg. core for dinner . . . are you planning to eat the inside of an old mainframe computer? Confused Also, still here! Mariposai yea, well such is life. I hope you run goes well and is wind free. jdmom3 thanks. Me too! TM though yech! Let me see TM or 30 mph winds, TM or 30 mph winds . . . close call . . . Craneium too bad might have made for a more interesting run . . . Aamos thanks for the well wishes. Pretty clever pets you have there! Have you thought of going into animal training? Clowning around evanflein wow only -22° and you are hitting the TM? Wimp! Big grin And how well do moose (mooses, mices, meeses?) jump? abelisle very sweet story. enkephalin thanks for the collective well wishes offer. I fear I might need them. Sorry about you getting what looks like a bug. Hopefully it is just a one day event. perchcreek nothing like 10+ miles in the rain to clean up those dirty sneakers! PJH things should work out. As I tell my friends I am not dead, at least not quite, yet! Thanks. My workout today was an hour of abs and upper body this morning in the gym.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat, a 2003 Boxster S Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-walt-babyboomers-blurb,0,1036393.blurb No run yet but someone e-mailed me this, had to share Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Bill, I am in the car Biz, and I have never heard of a Boxster S Confused Twocat, you actually would not believe how scared I was, thinking that was a huge dog running towards me...relieved when I bent over, and it went up and over. But was cool when me and the deer had the "stare down" And this happened in a neighborhood where there are million dollar homes...very nice place to run. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Porsche, Tim . . . Wink My boss up in Seattle had one of those. Cool weeeeeeeeeee!!! Cool

Tammy

Alex, years ago, I worked with children with autism. It was my most memorable, special job. Decades later, I can see those kids, remember their names, their individual characteristics and personalities. One of them, "CF" used to sing out; "Amy's a man!" when he saw me walk through the cafeteria. I'd call out that he was a smoothie, as that was his favorite treat when he got to go home (it was a residential school). Goodness, stop me now, or I'll go on and on. I am so glad you posted, it made me remember my guys again. Best to you and your grandson, and to many many more moments like that for you both. Twocat, I missed the post where you went into what's wrong with your leg. Around what date was it, do you remember? I'd like to get up to speed--not to mention the upper hamstrings is one of the 2 areas that most bother me when I overtrain or other wise get creaky, so I'd really like to know more. to that end.....I was prudent and went to the gym today. boring. grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                  Late post today and hope everyone's Wednesday got them "over the hump." Cross training for me - 6 miles on the eliptical. It was supposed to be pilates day, but my wrist would hear nothing of that. Felt kind of like Jack LaLaine trying to do one-handed moves, and I definitely don't want to be more toned and muscley in my right arm than my left. Big grin Nice to see Tim is trying to do his part to keep the deer population down. A wonderful post by Alex - I think his grandson is lucky to have him in his life too. I would LOVE to see a picture of Holly on the treadmill in that hot little lime green sport bra! How about it??? Twocat - you are taking the news about your injury very well. Have you noticed any improvement since you've stopped running? Does anyone watch Top Chef on Bravo? Love that show, and wonder who will get the ax tonight. I'm thinking Hosea, We got a fresh 5 inches of snow and it's still coming down. The temps are dropping, too. Hope everyone has better weather where they live...
                    6 miles 3 @ MP@ 8:20 and 3 @ an easy pace for a total 55:00 Minutes. A little tired today I really didn't get in a groove until the 3rd mile. This is my first week at 7 days so I may need a week to adjust. Alex , nice feel good post. Thanks for your insight. Ribs, I had been married for about 2 weeks by then so my guess is I was ........... coming up for air? Big grin Twocat, The good thing is you are going to be buff with a six pack when this is over. Hang in there. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

breger1 nice wheels! My not so exciting Envoy heads into the service center tonight. There go another few hundred buck. Sad Aamos long saga. Send me an email and I will be happy to get you up to speed. Basically, something is wrong with my left leg and it will not pull back while running or during any other activity that requires rapid power out of it. There is no pain, it simply does not work. The doctors are stumped and putting me through various tests to try and pin this down. Jlynne alas there is no improvement so far as I can tell. My DW tells me I am walking better. I hope she is right as that may indicate some healing is going on. Otherwise, I am back to staring at a neurological problem as the likely culprit. As to taking this well . . . you might try having to try and live with me! Smile halllar I think I may be genetically incapable of getting a six pack no matter what I do! I keep my weight way down, I work out in the gym, and I have a gut with a one pack! Flat, but no definition. Cry

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

dg. core for dinner . . . are you planning to eat the inside of an old mainframe computer? Confused Also, still here! My workout today was an hour of abs and upper body this morning in the gym.
                        byte by byte. Also, I'm very glad! I'm headed toward some abs myself. but probably just my own. boring. Amy...
                        Goodness, stop me now, or I'll go on and on.
                        that's ok. How did you deal with hamstring problems? Mine have me not running again. A video of Frank & Spencer would help fight these winter doldrums. erika..
                        Well folks, it was -22° on the way in to work this morning, and windy! Yuk. It'll warm up a bit today, but then we're going to get hit with what's being called our biggest snowfall of the season... up to 8" by noon tomorrow in some spots
                        more hugs for you. Pretty hard to face more of this, isn't it.
                          hey masters! 9 easy miles for me this afternoon. 10:37 pace. What a gorgeous day in OK. The howling wind from yesterday died down, the temp was wonderful at about 56F. That coyote is really a crazy clown, When will he learn he can never mow him down? Poor little Road Runner never bothers anyone, Just runnin' down the road's his idea of having fun.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

WAaahhhh! Coach called practice for the 25th day in a row, so no outdoor running for me tonight, as babysitter has Bball practice. Seems like we bought that treadmill in the nick of time! Let's see if I can make 4 miles on it. If not, I'll tack on a mile to another workout this week. I'm not sure I'm mentally ready for more than 3 on the TM yet. Some great running out there!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

King of PhotoShop

Twocat, that original quote was about Woodstock. Do you know that I was about 25 miles away and had to work that entire weekend? All my friends went. It was only later I learned that it was this awesome event. I am from Cornwall, NY and Woodstock is up near New Paltz. Back then I was a sophomore in college, SUNY Albany, working as a lifeguard for the Palisades Interstate Park Commission, what some of you from up there know as "Bear Mountain Park" "Lake Tiorati" "Lake Welch" or "Lake Sebago". I had no money then, and needed that summer job. I didn't even know I was missing a big deal. But you are right with that comment. As years go by the Woodstock crowd certainly has swelled hasn't it? Everyone claims to have been there. Spareribs
                              Mariposai

Ok, people are talking about culture around here and I have no time to read it Black eye I have to go and find out that this Woodstock is all about... 3 miles easy worrying about how I was going to handle the next segment since the legs felt just tired...and I was cranky all day 6x1000m@ 8:10ish, not bad...after the first set I just got into the mind set that this was dinner for tonight and just did it. Did I enjoy it?...hell no...but it needed to be done. Cool down miles to total 9 for the day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard