Masters Running

Fri Jan 2 Runs and etc (Read 500 times)

xor

My little dog is home from the hospital now. Go here to see a picture of the Frankenwiener, but you are warned that it is kind of yicky.... which is why I didn't post it directly here. No running for me.

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, that poor little guy! I think he needs some serious lap-time-loving.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

diverdoc, welcome. fatozzig, I hope that ankle gets better soon. stumpy, congrats on the mmonthly mileage PR. mariposai, congrats on the monthly and yearly mileage PR. srlopez, way to go on 2nd place in the half. eliz, good job with 100 more miles than last year. nono, nice run with mrnono and Renee. spareribs, that sounds like a neat fun run you and The Saint ran. perch, nice race with PR. deez and maine, nice racing in the cold and wind. Tammy, congrats on the club award. franc, way to go on the speedy marathon. anachrotech, I'm glad to hear you had a "sproinky" run. Holly, congrats on the yearly mileage PR. Nice long runs for Peter (a couple), WRFB, tramps, and perch. This morning, the temp was in the mid to high 20s with a light wind and some packed snow/ice in spots. I used my Yaks and did another slow 8 miles. It took about 1:22:30 for a 10:19 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
        Mariposai

Great to hear that Tobias is home. {{{{patience to tobias and his father}}}}}}}} Holly, good luck on your LR tomorrow with that infected toe and all. BTW, you did you get your 3 years total miles from the log? Safe trip to the Beers. Francesca, I was so inspired by your "easy and chatting the whole way" marathon result. 4:12...you go girl. Good luck on this weekend's adventure. Taking the day off. Will clear the house from Christmas decoration Will run to the ski trailhead, will ski, will run back home...calling it my creative LR.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

srlopez, continuing to think good thoughts for you and your pup over the next weeks. I hope it goes smoothly. Some good running out there today! I did do a yoga session (non-combat, as my daughter did it too and my son played with his race car set). Mr Nono joined in and is heading out for a 3 miler now. Most of Christmas has been absorbed. I can see the floor!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

My little dog is home from the hospital now. Go here to see a picture of the Frankenwiener, but you are warned that it is kind of yicky.... which is why I didn't post it directly here. No running for me.
              poor baby!! hope he recovers well!!

denise

anachrotech

anachrotech Have you tried Fish Oil. It acts as an anti-inflammatory. Not quite the same as Glucosamine/Chondroitin but much less expensive.
                Thank you for your suggestion, however I've been taking fish oil for about four years now. I guess if I want to run, I'll have to take the glucosamine/chondroitin. I just returned from purchasing another bottle.
                  We're going to start off the New year right tonight by going to see Avenue Q. I saw it in New York and can't wait to see it again. Bill I LOVE Ave Q - We saw it in New York in Oct. and then again in Nashville in November! "It sucks to be me!" Managed 8.4 this morning, which already brings my weekly total to its highest ever (I think) and there are still 2 more possible run days this week! Then I swam a mile so now I am ready to EAT!!! Great running everyone. 2009 is going to be a fabulous year! Helen P.S. I just don't have this quote thing down yet. What am I doing wrong? I hit the quote button on bill's post, deleted what I wanted, but it didn't show up w/ the "quote from Bill..." above it? Feeling really No
                  PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Senor Lopez (old school) The little guy will look fine once the fur grows back. What a cutie. What's the prognosis? My old, departed dog, Travis T. O'Justice (T-Dog), went through a half dozen surgeries because he swallowed things he shouldn't have. He was a 95 pound lab (all muscle, including his head) who thought socks, baby bottle nipples, a brillo pad, and an envelope with $1,000 cash in it (among other things) were edible. After each surgery, he would have to wear the lampshade for a while. He would scrape and bang against doorways, walls, furniture and doors with reckless abandon. Ah, memories. No run today - just 4 lift sets, 30 mins on the stepper, and 60 mins spin cycle. Sincerely, Puddle O' Sweat
                    xor

P.S. I just don't have this quote thing down yet. What am I doing wrong? I hit the quote button on bill's post, deleted what I wanted, but it didn't show up w/ the "quote from Bill..." above it? Feeling really No
                      It looks like you also deleted the thing it puts BEFORE the text you wanted to quote. It starts with "quote" and a PID number which is really long. Don't take that out, including the < and="" the="" /> around it.

You can't start deleting stuff till after the very first > symbol. Then you have to leave the < symbol near the end. it's hard for me to explain. symbol="" near="" the="" end.="" it's="" hard="" for="" me="" to=""></ symbol near the end. it's hard for me to explain.>
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        xor

Senor Lopez (old school) The little guy will look fine once the fur grows back. What a cutie. What's the prognosis? Puddle O' Sweat
                          The prognosis SHOULD BE good assuming he gets more of his movement/feeling back AND he doesn't tweak it again. There's a 20% chance it'll happen again, though. But who is Senor Lopez?

King of PhotoShop

Senor Lopez is the guy who has about three or four trick names on the running forums. Years ago when I first saw your posts, I too thought your name was Senor Lopez. I bet many other people do. Then I read people calling you Stevie Ray, so I thought that was your name. And of course others here address you as Robert, another trick name to fool us as to your identity. You are a deep and devious man. Best wishes to the Frankenwiener in his recovery. Spareribs

Renee the dog

Oh I thought it was code for senior lopes as in an old guy/gal loping along. Big grin PBJ, my long gone male lab figured out how to get out of those satellite dishes. Luckily, he didn't have your dog's habits, so he was only in one once or twice.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

The Jogger

Nice 6 miler today , cold and windy and hilly and woody loved it and I better go as I'm at work..... Good Runs All Roy