Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 12.20.14 (Read 29 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

It is great to see posts from Lamerunner and LaT again - always a treat! Great McKay run yesterday, Leslie, and great wind-down, Karin. Lots of other good runs and fun stuff all around yesterday too!

One more coffee comment: DW and I drink coffee with milk, and we warm up the milk (in our mugs) in the microwave for a bit before pouring in the coffee - it is so much better than using cold milk and instantly cooling down the coffee.

Yesterday turned out to be a very stressful day, with Town Hall issues, and some projects for which I had to move the deadline up from next week to yesterday. I finished in time to have a good time at our afternoon office party, but I talked DW into skipping our evening party and just going home to relax with an easy dinner in front of the fireplace. We were both glad to have the down time.

My intention this morning was to do a nice, long RW workout. I was thinking 12+ miles. But when I got out there, my head and my legs just weren't into it at all. So I was back home after a little over 3 miles, and was very disappointed. Some days are worth pushing it to get over that block, but today wasn't one of those days. Today, we have another indoor farmer's market, a stop at Trader Joe's, and an afternoon Christmas party with neighbors who always throw a great party. At some point, I have to pack because we are leaving after my racewalking clinic tomorrow morning on a trip to visit friends and family over the next 6 days.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Jay...Somedays it's just not there, some days it is. I quit "forcing" my workouts.

7.44 easy miles exploring neighborhoods I have no reason to be in other than to run through them.

I'm sitting here eating my Quaker Oats. This last can has had more than its share of hulls.

...mornin' guys//..............I've had a Bananna MilkShake for breakfast for the last 20-years,,,,,

,,,,,,beats fighting Pickles over whether EGGS are good for you this year or not

==============

but I digress......

.....43-min poolrun, no belt, deep end only

or

43mprnbdeo

.................good running guys...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

Jay - good listening to your body

((Deez and family))

nice breakfasts for Slo and TW

We've just finished a 5K where we rocked (cherry-picking is the name of the game).  Henrun won the 60 and older (ok he was the 60 and older) and I came in 4th in the masters (I was the 60 and over also).  We have a 70 yo women friend who would have been first overall for women as she runs around a 7:25 pace.  It was a beautiful route along the St John's River in Jacksonville on a Riverwalk with about 125 runners.

Have a glorious w/e everyone!

King of PhotoShop

Good racing Marj and Hen!

I love LaT.!

Saint and I did an easy 4 in the mist at the park this morning, 32 miles for me for the week and 30 for her. Back to work at it next week.  Spareribs

C-R

Hey all. Busy in here today. Nice 5k for hen and m.

Patrick and I ran indoor track workouts with my masters team. First one of the year but fun. I really enjoy indoor season. Will be fun to watch Patrick too.

Now for some leaf taking and install a new disposal.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

3 miles with the Sole Sisters of Wilmington - festive, holiday attire then 8.1 miles with my MVS friends also in very festive holiday attire!!

Keeping busy - Nicholas and Allison are next to me working on "The World's Smallest Jisgsaw Puzzle" - we are all trying to keep busy!!  I see baking in our afternoon and evening!!

Thanks everyone!!

denise

Hugs to you Denise and for Nicholas and the whole family.....waiting is so hard!

Great racing Henry and Marj!

9 miles for me with Iron J --- 3 loops of the Mt. Tom Reservoir, lots of chatter, 20 degrees felt like 15 and a good run. Our kiddos both returned from college last night (hers at U. of Maryland) so we were comparing notes and took bets on when the "boys" would wake up this morning. My kiddo emerged at about 10:00 am. Well deserved sleep after a week of exams.

Great college news for Hudson, Ribs. Well done and now on to the deciding.

It was so great to see Lamerunner and she is so right about our waiter.....not sure he'll last long in the job, but he was earnest at least.

Sounds like a great breakfast TW!

Coffee! About time for my afternoon cuppa. Ciao for now!

La T is the tops.

Marathon Maniac #957

Hugs to you Denise and for Nicholas and the whole family.....waiting is so hard!

+1

Jay - some days are like that, and just not worth fighting (yourself) about it.  There will be other workouts.  Sounds like a great day otherwise.

Henry and Marj - great racing!

Karin and Mariposai - enjoy the visits from your boys!

Short on time this morning before DD's basketball game.  Today was her best game yet, and the coach played her almost the entire time.  She makes an awesome point guard, and her antics on the court are hilarious, lots lf stealing and feinting and passing and she scored 6 points today, too.  Nice win for our girls 17-13.

4 miles for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I managed to get up in time to run 6 miles with the local Joggers Club.  Only the second time since the summer!  Nice group and it is always great to have company for a run.

On Monday I have a couple of guests over, one is a high school senior that is a vegetarian.  Side dishes?  No problem.  Appetizers?  No problem.  Main course?  Problem!  Help!!!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

Cindy really slept in today so we had a very late breakfast at Bob Evans.  I did not give that enough time to settle before I went out for a 10 mile run.  My stomach didn't feel all that great, and I had 1 too many layers on, but my legs felt great and I didn't hurl, so all in all a good day.

C-R

On Monday I have a couple of guests over, one is a high school senior that is a vegetarian.  Side dishes?  No problem.  Appetizers?  No problem.  Main course?  Problem!  Help!!!

Eggplant parm is my veggie go to. Or veggie chilli.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I second the eggplant parm dish - or any pasta dish with a meatless sauce or pesto sauce.  You are a very considerate host!!

denise

lamerunner

Hello again!  Gorgeous day in Northern NH. Cold, but clear morning.Mt.. Washington and the Northern Presidentials were gorgeous. I skiied the morning at Wildcat then went to Gorham and ran about 10 miles on the snowy Presidential rail trail. It gets groomed for snowmobiles,and there were some, but it worked out ok.   Snow conditions are good so I hope the predicted rain for mid week goes away or at least does minimal damage.

Hugs to Deez. Waiting is hard.

Holly,it sounds like your daughter is quite the athlete!

Happy running!  Got your shopping done?

lamerunner

Twocat, veggie chili, mexican quinoa, veggie lasagna, chick pea stew are all possibilities. My daughter is vegetarian, I am kind of a sympathizer, and the boys are meat eaters. You are a good cook, or so I hear.