Masters Running

Sun 11/16 Daily (Read 379 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

. . . and make tet more nervous as I am 1/2 way to 30 days....tet is really feel'n the heat now and is encouraging me to run...not falling for that one buddie (but would happily give up the status of "non" running for 30 days, if I COULD run)...yeah tet, I AM catching on, and the benefits are amazing...and I am just getting started.
    in your dreams taper timmy. In fact, I'm so sure you'll fizzle before makin' it to the 30 days needed for membership in nonrunners anonymous (note: that I've already done twice in the last year) that I'll end my current taper on day 29 next Sunday <>tammy'sbirthday)>>> so you can have the incentive of getting to bask in the glory of a 30 day taper on December 1 all by yourself. You're gunna need all the help you can get and I'm glad to do my part. I'm so worried.Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

non run day for me, but being the non competitive person that I am, I'm sure I'll be running again by Toosday. I'm walking better today. Feet a little sore on the soles and hamstrings a bit tight, but other than that, I'm feeling okay. Thanks for the comments on my RR. I did have fun even though I was disappointed with my time. I was 10 min off my PR Sad But of the three HM's I've run in the past 2 yrs, this one landed me right in the middle - two were faster and two were slower. gee, Tet, I almost forgot what next Sunday was. Thanks for the reminder Tongue

Tammy

evanflein

But Tammy, how do you feel after this HM? I remember after the Eugene HM, you were feeling pretty beat up physically... right? I think you did really well, but I tend to judge a race's success by the fun had beforehand and during with friends! Holly, that's sounding like an Erika TM run! But I tend to stay on and grind it through. When I can run. *sigh* Actually, I tried a few running strides on the TM at the gym yesterday and felt pretty good. Committed to the minimum 2 weeks though... which ends today! Smile The Seattle Marathon on the 30th this year (always the Sunday after Thanksgiving) starts and ends near the Space Needle. The Rock-n-Roll marathon in June is a point-to-point course, starting somewhere in Tukwila and ending in Seattle (not sure where...). I don't think the course has been finalized, but close enough to know it'll be a Boston qualifier... (and hey, don't worry about time zones... there's enough caffeine in Seattle to keep you going!) Deb, that's quite a workout for someone struggling with injuries... I'm impressed! Sounds like you're doing better, really. Tim and Twocat, good job on the non-running. Yesterday I did 46 minutes on the elliptical while DS2 was at soccer, and in the couple of minutes I had left I did a slow jog for about 45 seconds on the TM just to "test the systems." Foot felt ok. Not great, but ok. In fact, it's better, but as I said before, it's not BETTER. So I'm thinking I need to schedule a follow-up something or other to see what's going on. Heading to the gym later today with the kids, or at least the lazy 16 yo who spent all day yesterday with his new World of Warcraft expansion pack game... amazing how sedentary a teenage boy can be.
          A nice 9 miler for me this afternoon...11:10 pace. After yesterdays long running pants run, today I'm back in shorts and Tshirt....a nice 65F. It seemed hotter. Holly....about your TM run today....yes, the do have their advandtages....you can get a drink, go to the bathroom and nobody's gonna yell, "GET OUTTA THE DAMN ROAD!" (I'm still laughing at that one) Big grin
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            dg - that was a monster workout!! erika, sorry the foot isn't better. I thought the Seattle RnR would be Seattle to Tukwila back to Seattle. I think it is 13 miles one way. Maybe I need to investigate this more. Smile Smile Smile 3 miles, no pain, yes I ran, it felt incredible, I REMEMBER RUNNING. I had truly forgotten what the big deal was. It just looked boring and hard when I would see someone on the sidewalk running by. I couldn't relate at all. Weird. Then yesterday I saw HER. That woman on the TM with feet lightly flicking the board, legs moving as graceful as a dancer's, talking to her friend, exerting what appeared to be no effort at all. Then I remembered. Today I got to experience it for real. Within minutes I forgot what I was doing, it felt so right, so easy. Near the end I tried to pick up the speed. My speed has gone! I was so winded and my legs just did not know how to move faster..... in time they will. 30 min on the bike 6.5 min on the stairmill, then I got a pain in my butt/tailbone and decided not to push my luck. Tramps, whenever I bag a run, I always have these Kenny Rogers lyrics looping thru my brain: You better know when to hold them Know when to fold them Know when to walk away Know when to run

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good afternoon! Went down to exhcange vehicles with DD#2. When we got there and saw her vehicle we all said "we thought you were in an accident!". Because the other vehicle basically went underneath her, there wasnt' much cosmetic damage - the frame is anudder story though. Anyway - it was good to get a hug. Out for 6 blustery cold miles late this afternoon. Avg. 10:30 pace. Holly - 15 miles on the treadmill!! Shocked I really cannot fathom it!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

Holly, I agree. 15 miles. phew. It's easy to stop at the gym too, & on much shorter runs... I keep passing my water, sitting right there all ready & waiting. lately I just say no. r2farm, it's nice to see you posting here. sounds like a vigorous morning. thanks Erika, thanks Enke! Erika, I think I'm doing better too. need to keep up with rehab things, it's hard to make the time. my shins have bugged me all day, but it's not bad I'm glad your foot is improving. I think you need a follow up too. I wonder if a physiatrist would be good? "Rehabilitation physicians are nerve, muscle, and bone experts who treat injuries or illnesses that affect how you move. Rehabilitation physicians have completed training in the medical specialty physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R).". enke, you made me feel less like a slug. I didn't end up napping anyway. laundry & closet cleaning. 3 miles no pain, & it felt right!!! Big grinBig grin did you end up keeping your doctor appt? maybe I missed it. I don't think your speed will take long (expert that I am). You were doing really well. I was going to try to do it your way, then decided maybe not when you hurt your back. Except for the potato chips & the brownies because that was a good idea. Very nice workout. Mary, I'm glad you got to see DD2, & that she's ok.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Divechief – I’m such a goof, I totally forgot that there’s another Seattle marathon besides the R&R marathon. Are they on the same (hilly) course? {{{Lamerunner}}} Tramps – go for it! And I love Barry’s attitude – good for him! DS – glad you’re owies are getting better. 15 miles for me today on the TM, with miles 3, 5, 7, 9 at 8:41, and the rest of the run slower than dirt. I just didn’t feel like dealing with the high winds outside this morning, on top of wet and cold (low 30’s). Wimpy me. What I found out, though, about LRs on the TM is that it’s too easy to keep hopping off to use the bathroom or get a drink or use the bathroom or get a drink…I think even with a movie to watch my attention span on the TM is shorter. Still, I got the distance in, if a bit slow.
                  15 miles on the TM....I am speachless....Geez Girl... Yeah, being fairly close to you, the winds were very strong....but.... Feeling like a slug Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tet, gotcha right where I want you....now your have'n to explain yourself...Ha Tammy never changed her name to "tetBo"...."Tamtet"...but to TamBo...like TimBo...Good try buddie... Your extended taper is going to your head bro...well, me too actually. Timmy Boy

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Roy, I just got around to listening to your Irish O'Bama song - very catchy! Tramps, that Northern Central RR trail marathon sounds nice! Go for it! Nono, you're putting up Christmas decorations already?? Shocked Walt, post pictures of your treehouse when it's done! r2farm, good to see you joining the daily! It's windy here, too. Sad dg, if you're a slug, I don't want to think what that makes the rest of us... That was quite a workout... Holly, I can't believe you did 15 miles on the TM! And you call yourself wimpy! Facing the cold and wind takes less fortitude than 15 miles on the TM! TamBo, nice job on the HM! They can't all be PRs. Enke - yay! 3 miles! Glad you're back from the DL. I emulated WRFB today, and cut my run short due to cold and wind. I only made it 8 miles. When I got home my hands and face were numb. But Tazzie and Ladybug liked it!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Erika, yes, I was hurting pretty bad following Eugene. I flared up my ITBS which pretty much brought me to a grinding halt for a few wks. I took my dogs for a 2 mile walk this afternoon. Foot is feeling better and my legs loosened up after walking the hills in my area. TimBo - what's funny is that in highschool, Tambo was my nickname. Tambo or Tamster were the two names I got called the most. Rarely Tammy. And then when I moved out to the west coast, a few friends nicknamed me Fargo, so I went by that for a few yrs too.

Tammy

Renee the dog

Nono, you're putting up Christmas decorations already?? Shocked
                          Yes, and NOT running! Surprised I'm really slow at decorating and it was always such a hassle that I never got it completed until about the day after Christmas. I found if I started at Thanksgiving, I could be done by in time. Since I'll have house guests from 12/18 on this year, I backed it up a little bit more for some cushion! Smile Oh, and my husband decided to make it a real party and mix up some cocktails, so I postponed my run until tomorrow morning when the wind should be down...but I did do two yoga sessions earlier today which were much needed. Good night everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

Thanks Carolyn. I think the slug thought came in because most people here would run 75 miles and then come home & tote barges & lift bales. I meant to say the other day.. you DD is funny. Smile. You were numb too? Nono.. 2 yoga workouts? what do you do? I think I need to do some again.
                            lamerunner

Hello Another day of non running. As depressing as it is, it does help to have a "club." On a more positive note, I coach Jr Olympic XC and my Youth Girls team won the New England Region today. The race was in Burrillville, RI on a really nice course. I did the warm up jog and ran from point to point on the course to see them but barely. Limping after five minutes....Good day though. The girls ran well. The Youth boys had a perfect score, first five places! Over achievers I say...good day for our club. Probably early morning cycling (indoor) tomorrow.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

lamerunner - sorry to hear about your nonrunning; maybe a change of name might help, e.g. machorunner, superguy, etc. If not, hope you`ll be here a while to help support timmy as he`s just reached halfway to nonrunanon status with his 30-days coming up on December 1. Unfortunately, he`s gunna have to deal with my last taper day being a virtual run on 11/23 in honor of tammy`s birthday. She knows it would devastate him so we`re trying to keep it a secret. Hope you and twocat can keep him distracted. thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)