Masters Running

August Masters Miles (Read 600 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Milestone day of sorts: my first-ever 300-mile month...barely...300.2!  Where's Carolyn with that thread. Wink

Here you go, Tramps!  Congratulations!

Time to post your August miles and PRs.  Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, and median.  And Tramps already has a special award for his first 300 mile month!

A couple pictures from my run last night in Centennial Cone Park west of Golden, Colorado.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks wildchild and great photos as always!

August was full of running with 343.1 miles for the month

2,293 miles ytd and a 5.5 mile race PR (never raced that distance before, so there ya go!)

Congrats Tramps for joining the 300 club. Smile

Let's take it down just a notch but great work, guys.  208.6 miles running every day.  886 YTD.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Okay - I'll volunteer to be the first to take the median WAY down......   83 miles for me - which is almost double last month!!  Wink

Congratulations Tramps and Karin too!   Awesome!!!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I think I might be smack in the middle this month. 135.6 miles for August. Thanks Carolyn!

Thanks, wild

128 miles for Aug

991 miles for the year to date

TomS

I was going to post my miles this morning, but there was no way I was going to post my miles right after Tramps and CNY posted theirs! 

220.8 miles for August.  The most monthly miles I've have in years.

1031.3 YTD

Bill

ETA:  Edited to remove my slacker comment.  I certainly didn't mean to imply anyone here is a slacker, because no runner is.  Black eye 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

wildchild

Carolyn

I was going to post my miles this morning, but there was no way I was going to post my miles right after Tramps and CNY posted theirs!  I'd look like a slacker and I definitely did no slacking this month!

220.8 miles for August.  The most monthly miles I've have in years.

1031.3 YTD

Bill

So, Byllger, are you calling Opie, Mary, OM, and Tom slackers?   Wink

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

So, Byllger, are you calling Opie, Mary, OM, and Tom slackers?   Wink

Yeah, what she said!

TammyinGP

I have you beat Mary! I'll bring the median even more. I only ran 40.2 miles this month.

in fact, I wasn't even going to bother posting because I think that is my lowest month in a few years and I'm embarrassed, but thought "heck, I might have a shot at winning something for the lowest miles this month!"

Tammy

No slacking or embarrassment....that we all can run and move for any distance or have it as a choice is awesome. I am running extra miles for

Dr. J now and until she can join me again.

It's all good.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

No slacking or embarrassment....that we all can run and move for any distance or have it as a choice is awesome. I am running extra miles for

Dr. J now and until she can join me again.

It's all good.

What she said too! Wink

Jlynne

in fact, I wasn't even going to bother posting because I think that is my lowest month in a few years and I'm embarrassed, but thought "heck, I might have a shot at winning something for the lowest miles this month!"

No, I got your back Tammy. In my attempts to start back up after back surgery on May 25, I ran 3.7 miles in August. Wait until I get clearance from my doctor - could be double digits in September!!!

BTY

I'm feeling mediocre, in a big way.  The hair is standing up on the back of my neck.

167.5 miles for the month of August.  This is my 2nd highest mileage month ever. 

I crossed over the 1,000 Mile Mark in August, the earliest (by far) that I've ever done that.  1,036.7 miles as of now.

16.4 mile run on August 6th was my longest run ever.

Prince of Fatness

that we all can run and move for any distance or have it as a choice is awesome..

I was going to whine about my mileage and inability to train more due to occasional numbness in my leg.  Then I read this.  Yeah, at least I can run so things could be a lot worse.

So, 184.2 miles for me.  Thanks.

Not at it at all.