Masters Running

School kids and running club (Read 253 times)

Tramps

Those of you who work with young kids might find this article on an elementary school running club of interest.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

That is really cool.  I have always wanted to start some kind of fitness/running program for kids in my area.  I just haven't figured out how to fit it in. 

Go Pre!

That is great. i am looking to get these kind of programs going in our community too!

...mikeE//....do they still have the President's Council on Physical Fitness??

they should have some ideas.

I still have my medal from 1964  Smile

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Yes, Tom--they do still do the Presidential Physical Fitness tests.  I've always wanted to do more during the summer months.  Especially with the cost of all these sports getting so out of hand.  I really should check out their website, though...that's not a bad idea.

By the way--I have a very long Presidential Physical Fitness Award story of my own to tell...but I'll save it for another day...

Slo

Yes, Tom--they do still do the Presidential Physical Fitness tests.  I've always wanted to do more during the summer months.  Especially with the cost of all these sports getting so out of hand.  I really should check out their website, though...that's not a bad idea.

By the way--I have a very long Presidential Physical Fitness Award story of my own to tell...but I'll save it for another day...

Tramps

Another interesting article on a running mentoring program for low-income teens.  I like the honesty about hurdles and limited effects.

Be safe. Be kind.