Masters Running

Wednesday 9/6/23 Short Week Runs and Workouts (Read 41 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

No feet on the ground, look at her go!  And how on earth did Magnolia get to be 3?

30 minutes or so of weights and core for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Awesome pic and glad you felt well enough to get some training.

60 min power zone ride on Peleton this morning and an easy run this evening.

Getting ready to help move DS1 to his duty station in NM. Going to be a ling drive this weekend but I'm looking forward to the time in the truck with him.

Bummer on the sump pump twocat. Home ownership is all glamour.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

That's such a fantastic photo!

Up early (well 6:15 felt early when it's just barely getting light out!), and got in 3.1 miles. in long sleeves!  I love these cool crisp mornings.

Long and busy day ahead so better get cracking. . .  but first for that second cup of coffee

Tammy

Thanks, Holly. That is a truly great picture.  Good morning, all.

I am having a slow recovery from that race.  My legs are dead.  It was very humid and warm this morning with a little rain, but I mainly beat the rain.  I went over to the path and struggled through 6.2 miles with the help of Jimmy Buffett.  He really did change our culture.  The whole beach vibe and stepping away from the 9-5 grind became a thing in a different way from the surfer culture.

We head to Amelia Island tomorrow, so I can do my beach thing!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Thanks for the start, Holly.

I went back and looked at Steve's pics, which I'd missed.

I also loved tet's appreciation a couple of days ago of his new view. Good views are awesome.

We're supposed to hit 100 as our little heat wave continues today. Bleh. Out for 22+ miles riding this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Karen - enjoy Amelia Island!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

love the picture//..........What a Doll

========

negative covid test today, so got back into the computer room

extra trip to ER,

then Pickles came home with cpap machine,

more doctor visits and follow up appts

quite the week

......been working-out just not able to post it.....

....30-min ARC Trainer...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Thanks, Holly.  Tom- prayers for Pickles and you.  Glad you are negative!

Marathon Maniac #957

(Pickles)

C-R - nice to see you!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, it's been a while.  Still crazy busy here.  Got in a couple of runs, totaled 9.5 miles.

KSA, if you go through Marietta/Atlanta...wave! 

Tom, feel better!

C-R, which base in NM?

Have a gr8 night everyone!

BTY

Good evening, Masters!  The pool at the YMCA is closed this week for the annual big cleaning.   That means that everyone who swims there probably migrated to the pool in the neighboring town, or else is taking the week off like I am :-).  I decided that after swimming a PR monthly distance in August, I earned a week or so off.  I'm pretty sure it reopens Sunday morning.  So here's what I've been doing instead....

Saturday - I dug up a rotten post that the gate of my son's fence was supposed to be anchored to, replaced it with a new post and set it in concrete.   By the time we left, he could use his gate and so could his petite little bride.   The difference between digging in his sandy backyard and my bedrock is unbelievable.

Sunday - Church, then, I can't remember.   Must have been a social visit.  I can never remember them afterward.

Monday - I seal coated my driveway.  Then DW and I and our DS#3 drove to Cooperstown NY (about 90 minutes away) to ride the Rail Explorer "bikes".   It was a fun, one-and-done.

Tuesday - I drove DW and her friend out to Old Saybrook CT so her friend could visit family.  It was a short visit and then we went over to Mystic and did some sightseeing and at a pizza.  About 6 hours of driving, not enough walking, but some quiet time with DW while her friend, who is 75 and not in very good shape for a 75-year-old, napped in the car in the shade.

Today - back to work, then took my mom to her endocrinologist for a Prolia shot.  In her case, they really are effective for building bone density.  YMMV.  She is no longer diagnosed with osteoporosis but it's been osteopenia for a few years now, after 10 years of semiannual injections.   Then I met up with my electrician and we did the final layout work for my new front yard carriage light that I bought from Amazon.  The specs recommend a concrete foundation with an 18" diameter base, about 36" deep.  However, due to said bedrock (see above), my civil engineer friend said I can get away with going down about 1/2 that distance if I hit rock.  I looked for 18" Sonotube or some other brand, and our local HD website indicated they had a pretty good stock, but there was none to be found.  So I'm repurposing an old plastic tote with a 19" diameter, and a hole cut out of the bottom.   Dug the hole tonight, will set the concrete foundation tomorrow after work, and hopefully have the electrician back sometime early next week when the concrete has fully cured.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

huh? I have lots of pictures flying along like that,  . . . but I'm usually falling down.

Falcon - nice flyby.

xc day disassembling the Ikea six drawer bed as little as possible so it the top and bottom rectangle sections will fit into the elevator to take up to the 11th floor to put back together again.

Only ikea sofa left down in the ground floor apartment to bring up much easier than moving across town and, though longer than the bed that barely fit in the elevator (100 inches vs. 82 inches), with none of the screws,  fasteners, wood plugs, etc. of the bed, the end arm rests and back just slide out and away to all be taken up one by one so last day of it will be a cinch, . . . I hope.

ps CR - happy father son xc drive. It was too expensive for all of us to take the Shinkansen skiing every weekend in Japan days with the kids so I drove them the seven hours and had the time of my life just listening, and, sometimes, voila, they even talked to me. WAKE UP DAD.

THE LIGHT'S GREEN!!!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Holly, fabulous pic!! They are wonderful at that age!

C-R, nice workouts you are doing, congrats!

TammyinGP, it's nice to be out there in long sleeves for a 3.1 miler. I wish...

Karen, that's what happens when you beat yourself up, over and over.  6.2 miles isn't helping the recovery... Enjoy Emilia Island!

Tramps, far too warm for my taste!

tomwhite, I am sending good thoughts to Pickles and you Tom.

Falconfixer, been a long while, good running.

I went out for a 6 miler in very cool conditions 46 F, with a nasty wind. I am glad I got it done but dang it, a shade of things to come... Cheers!

moebo

Love that little runner!

Tomwhite, hoping Pickles feel much better.

8.1 easy-paced miles for me today. Glad I could get out early, since I don't think I could survive a run in the heat later in the day

Falcon- we’re flying (a 70 minute flight), but I’ll wave as we go over ATL!

Hi, sub7!  You mean a 10K recovery run is not really a recovery run?   Who knew?