Masters Running

Tuesday, 9.2.14 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Good recover runs for you and the Saint, and nice 'welcome back' post, Ribs.

Yard sales make me nervous too, TW. I'm so sorry your friend is thinking in those terms.

Excellent racing, and congrats on the 10K AG win, C-R! Yep - nice way to start the day.

Sounds like a well-spent day yesterday, Holly. How'd the cookies come out? Any left? Nice run and core work too.

Productive day for you too, Marj, and nice run/walk for you and Henry.

And glow, you should, Tet! Terrific job in the half! If I were you, I'd go see TW sometime for the free ice cream and beer. And you're right about the kind of guy Tom is.

Nice neighborhood run, Dave. I hope the wind/hail missed you, instead of 'livening things up."

Wow, CNY - 24 miles yesterday after a tough 15K USATF-NE race the day before! I'd say you're in reasonable shape...

Good 'come-back' 7-miler, BTY, including staying ahead of the mountain biker.

Good job of getting out on tired legs, Tselbes. Seems like you and DW have made enough salsa to hold for a while.

Congrats on your ache-free run, Enke!

That's a heck of a sticky sweat test run, Deeze - losing 2.4 lbs. along the way is no joke. Be careful out there!

Nice run, followed by a tasty rainy & cool day lunch, Evanflein.

Seems like a pepper-frenzy in the garden, Starr. But it's all good, and will lead to good eating. BTW, that's a scary-lookng squirrel trap.

Nice try, Mike, but you're going to VT! 

I'm glad you got the septic system running (so to speak) again, Stumpy.

I'm glad you got one of your worst runs out of the way, Trackrat. Congrats on going 20 in a cold rain.

I got nothin' this morning. I was dehydrated after yesterday's workout, and it took me longer than I expected to get beyond it. Working out in the yard for a few hours in the afternoon didn't help. So I took this morning off and traveled through a book instead of along the roads.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - that sounds like a well-spent morning...and there are just a few cookies left...

I, too, opted for a day off running, doing a light upper body and core workout instead.

Happy Tuesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good Morning Jay and thanks for the start. Good on you for today's plan. It's soupy out there and I should have toured a book instead too. No harm, no foul though---just a sweaty and easy shake-out 4.2 miler this morning. Off for a week of work travel and running in the wee hours in random spots.

Holly (and all interested) --In case you didn't see it in yesterday's thread, here is some course and elevation information for VT50k and 50miler (from last year, but it hasn't changed) The elevation change won't translate into major weather/temperature differences. The weather was spectacular last year, which likely means we'll have epic rain this time!

http://www.farnorthendurance.com/getting-ready-for-the-vermont-50/

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning, still for a few hours here in the east...

Hey tw, that was a greta Sunday post, as was tet's observation.  Really appreciate you more than I tell you.  (And I don't like Tag Sales.  I feel as if I'm seeing too much at them, which I know is totally bizarre.  We had a few before making the Great Migration from South Dakota to Mississippi and I really hated those.)

And speaking of tet, CONGRATS on shaving whacking 20 minutes off your half-marathon time from last year, not to mention, beating Dr. Feman, beaten-up or not!   Glad to hear Francesca is doing so well.

Mike, can you say "sandbagger?"  Ya ya ya, cancel the race....the race you'll probably place at???  Good thing Holly, CNY and wild will be there to keep him in line.

Sayhey C-R, greta race, 41:24 for a 10K.  Congrats.

And BTY, 1:02 for 7 miles when you don't run much is pretty darn good!

Welcome home, Mari.

I joined the grilled cheese eating group yesterday.  Read your posts but shared the computer with DH, as we were celebrating his b-day, which is today.   (So I didn't get to post.)    I gave him his present, which is a trip to Philly in Nov (includes the marathon for me, such a selfish giver).    He's delighted; he likes history and hasn't ever visited Philly.  He's going to have a hard time deciding how to split his time between the art museums, history sites, and Franklin Institute.

DH is doing a half in Key West in October and then another later this year, we think one that's set for early November. Thanks for asking!

Also started out yesterday without a firm distance goal.  Was going to end my run yesterday at the Bagel Factory and did, but it was closed--good for them!  So while  I did go there,  just jogged home empty handed but with 15 miles on the garmin.  Seven this am; while it was DH's b-day weekend, I celebrated with him, which resulted in more cookies and cranberry walnut "ancient grains" bread than was warranted, I'm sure. 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

BTY

Thanks Amy. Next Sunday  would be a great day to try for a PBJ special but I'm a bit out of shape for that.   Maybe I could just round up and say 8 miles at "8:something" ? Yeah probably not.  

Mariposai

Thanks for the welcome home, Aamos. It sure has been a fun weekend for the Easy Pacer and I. We did a lot of running, driving, wine tasting (well, me, he was my driver  since he does not enjoy wine) and most importantly a lot of fun hanging out together.

I fully intended to wake up and run at 5 this morning, but I was too tired, so I decided that sleeping was more important today. Tonight is kayaking night with my dear friend Ute.

Cheers!!!!

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

The Easy Pacer ratted out Mariposai by posting a pic of her running with her jacket tied around her waist!  Ha!

Aamos, when you go to Key West, be sure to look up my best friend Brian at Sunset Culinaire, a nice, inexpensive dinner cruise. You will love it.  Find his site on the net.

The Saint and I are well adjusted to the heat here, but today was a tough day simply because there wasn't a cloud in the sky at 7 a.m. We did 5 miles at 80 degree temps, but it was hard to hide from the sun today.  Decent pace though.  Spareribs

Just time for a drive-by post today -- gotta go out to the running store to pick up a new pair of shoes that just came in for me.

This morning it was 68 with a dew point of 67, so cool but soggy on an easy 4-mile run on the nearby rail-trail.

Have a good week, everyone! Hope the commuting traffic wasn't too bad (always seemed like the worst day of the year to me when everyone is back on the road, plus school traffic, etc.).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I used my unplanned day off to finally do my septic-delayed long run this morning.  Planned 13-14, but a little over 11.5 at a very sedate (read slow) pace, seemed to be about as much as I really needed, due to hills and humidity.   So now we're heading off to Haraseeket Lunch and Lobster for a late lunch.  That should take care of those miles pretty quick.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

The Easy Pacer ratted out Mariposai by posting a pic of her running with her jacket tied around her waist!  Ha!

yeah Spareribs, he is a quick learner  

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

7 easy miles this am.

The shortend days have me starting in the dark and coming home to a sun rise...something to enjoy the next month.

And a year must have passed since my last contribution to RA.

I guess it was inevitable -- I've joined the Bright Shoe Brigade:

Does this mean that I have to have matching/coordinating/contrasting outfits now? Fashion hints accepted...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hope not--my usual running dress style can best be described as "Early Yard Sale", regardless of shoe brightness.  Any coordination is usually accidental.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

..thanks for all the KindWords, but I have no doubt any of you would do the same for an Old Running Buddy

except

maybe the FreeBeer and IceCream part.......

=========

....that said...

................RestDay........

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Aamos, happy birthday to your DH!  Giving him a trip to your Philly marathon sounds like a funny gift -  but he should definitely go to the Franklin Institute!  Very cool place.

Mike, can you say "sandbagger?"  Ya ya ya, cancel the race....the race you'll probably place at???  Good thing Holly, CNY and wild will be there to keep him in line.

Lamerunner will also be at VT, running the 50k, and Skip is coming to visit and to pace me the last 8 miles.  But I doubt any of us can keep Mike in line, except maybe Karin, who will also be running in the front of the pack!

Rest day for me - I'm kinda tapering for a 50k on Saturday.  You guys know how much I love tapering...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.