Masters Running

Thursday; July too, 2015 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just time for a walk-by today. We got some torrential rains late yesterday afternoon, and lost power for about an hour - no biggie.

6.6 RW miles at J o'clock this morning. Big, juicy fool moon hanging in the southeast sure was purty. It was 61F with dry air and a thin slice of a breeze from the south. My legs were still fatigued from yesterday's running, so mustering any decent speed took a lot of work. So it goes. And, yes, tomorrow IS another day.

Have a greta Little Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning, Jay.  Everyone prepping for the 4th?

Back from 3 fun filled days in southern NJ.  One day in the office and a long weekend in Maine.

No running since Sunday.  I went out for a nice run in the rain and found myself in the middle of a 5K around our lake.  Was having fun picking off the slower folks when i hit a puddle going around a group and tweaked my right knee.  Didn't feel bad at the time, so i kept going for another 5 miles.  Should have iced it then, but woke up with it very sore.  Sitting on a plane didn't help.  Oh well, it only hurts when I go up or down stairs.  Hoping that i can make it out over the weekend

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Mornin' all,

Take care of that knee, Stumps.  Say, BAA announced sign-up for the marathon starts 9/14.   What I'm looking for is when the Somerville 5K sign ups start.

We had some majorly rain last night and nearby areas got some significant hail, kid you not!  Resulted in below 75 temps this am, so got in a touch over 8 miles at a sub 9 minute mile pace, enjoying the coolth and the early morning dawn.

Planning on a 5K Saturday on the Cape Coral Bridge.  It doesn't start until 7:30 so it will be hot, slow and sunny .

Happy 4th, if you are taking off and away......

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

Heya!

I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend. I haven't had a long weekend off since...well, last week in Charlevoix.

No run to report, spent a few extra minutes in bed then some core work during the morning news.

Wishing everyone a fantastic and safe holiday weekend!

I'm doing St Louis Style ribs on Sunday. You're welcome to stop by.

King of PhotoShop

The easiest post in the world is when you do a slow recovery run of just a couple of miles, jogging and walking. No one expects any more of you and no one thinks less of you because you didn't run far!  So I lived up to expectations today and jogged/walked 2.3 miles at the park, and now I'm at the desk beginning a big day of work!  Spareribs

BlazinCajun

... No one expects any more of you and no one thinks less of you because you didn't run far!  ...  Spareribs

I just love those slacker days

Take care of that knee stumpy

Slo - I just love homemade ribs, enjoy

Ran an easy paced 7 miles on logging trail/power line route this morning. This is my first week of December's Kiawah Island Marathon training plan.

Have a great day!

Andrew

Andrew
              ------------------
              God, my Lord, is my strength;
              he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
              and enables me to go upon the heights.
              Hb 3:19

Marathon Maniac #957

Big, juicy fool moon hanging in the southeast sure was purty. 

The weatherman said that there are going to be two full moons in July this year....

No run for me today, no workout.  I decided to go grocery shopping and then go into work early so I could take off early.

Tonight DH and I are going to see the band Boston at our favorite local outdoor venue.  Hopefully the storms will hold off during that time.

Yesterday my DD turned 13 years old.  She is, however, at church camp this week, where they are not supposed to use their phones, so I didn't get to talk to her to wish her a Happy Birthday.  She may be crazy-making most of the time, but I sure miss that girl.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Big, juicy fool moon hanging in the southeast sure was purty

and brightly illuminating the sun-warmed lake waters for the best moonlight swimming in many years, if ever

ps holly - the only reason salmon is not your favorite feast is because someone <<<(that would be me)>>> was not in Seattle for the 2009 R'n'R reunion to make sure everyone went to one of the several seafood restaurants around the Puget Sound area famed for their various  grilled or broiled wild king salmon with local blueberry and other wild-berry syruped sauces.  I should have been born a seal so all I had to eat all my life was succulent salmon.  Might have made me a better swimmer too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Jay must not have soaked his plank before grilling that salmon. We do that a lot here, and it never burns on the top. The bottom always gets charred, of course, but not the top. Soak it at least 30-40 minutes before grilling. Yum. And I think we had salmon at the 2009 Seattle party, didn't we? I know Divechief brought halibut from the Market, but I thought there was salmon, too. I love salmon, but not king. The best is red salmon (sockeye). Can't beat it. And we had Copper River Red Salmon fillets here at Safeway last week for 7.99 a pound. I meant to go back on Tuesday and get several to put in the freezer, but forgot. Rats.

Take care of that knee, Stumpy. Those delayed onset soreness issues can become a real nuisance.

Good for you on the recovery run, Ribs. I should do that more often, but lack the discipline.

It was pretty amazing to watch the smoke roll into the valley again yesterday. I was in a meeting from 11 to noon, and was watching it get thicker out there. Got out for my run at 1 and ran about 10k, then back to work to watch the smoke. As Mike would say, Dang It!! So today and tomorrow, while on holiday from work, it's cool, drippy and smokey out there. Just about the ickiest summer conditions short of total smoke or downpours. Oh well. I've got lots to do here in the house, starting with making cranberry jam and maybe some blueberry jam from my supplies in the freezer.

Ditto on soaking the plank -- the only way to do it!

Rode 48 miles today in prep for my upcoming bike tour and things felt 100% fine. In fact, this will be a good opportunity for my hamstring and/or hip to settle down since they don't seem to be affected at all by pedaling. It was a bit cool for almost the entire ride (5 hours including breaks), but that beats too hot and I hope it doesn't heat up too much in the next couple of weeks.

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend, DS is coming down for a couple days so that already makes mine pretty good!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Sayhey! MM#130

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend, DS is coming down for a couple days so that already makes mine pretty good!

Like!

............please no one be out walkin' the plank............

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

tselbs thanks for the recipe.  One question, there is only one rising?  Most breads have two.

enkephalin all I can say is try the recipe.  Pumpkin can be subbed out for any other squash or sweet potatoes if you like.

C-R I am in the same boat on the weight front.  I have to undo a few pounds.  Personally, I am blaming several days with mariposai.

breger1 good to see you back here at RA.

tetsujin209 you do realize that the seals do not know how to cook, right?  I am not sure how ungutted, raw salmon that you have to eat bones and all tastes.  

I got up this morning and put in 14 miles.  Pretty slow ones at that.  See above about weight issues.    Especially in the summer every pound hurts.  So do those zombie bites.  I should have figured it would be a tough day to avoid getting bit.   P.S. You can now try Zombies Run for free.  You get to download an episode every 6 days.  If you get frustrated you can download them all at whatever pace you like by buying a premium membership.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat, yup, only one rising for the bread.  Also, nice long run.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s and there was a little wind.  I did 6 miles at an 11:24 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Here's a picture of my little spitfire at about 4.5 years old.  She's been a firecracker her whole life.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly--that is a cute kid!  And I like her boots.

Speaking of boots...please don't think I'm weird...but I really like the look of boots on women.  If I see a woman wearing boots, I always look and think how cool those boots look on her.  Okay...sorry...I'll move on...but I really like women in boots...in fact--I'm really pretty shy around women--but when I see a woman in boots, I usually compliment her...well, not her really, but I tell her I like her boots.

Okay...what did I come in here for?  Oh...my run...just an easy 4 miler with some strides thrown in for the last mile...29:37.

If I was a woman--I would have a closet full of boots.

Okay--I gotta go.  See ya!