Masters Running

The Battle of Richmond RR (Read 593 times)

King of PhotoShop

A great result.  People just joining up here should have the perspective of seeing your years of building endurance and speed, because results like this take a long time of hard work and disclipine.  While I applaud this outstanding performance, i don't see it  in any way as a zenith.  You can do sub-3:20 now.  Minutes in the marathon, once you have a breakthrough, drop in clumps. Congrats to you on this big, big effort.   Spareribs

SteveP

Freaking Sweet!! Love love love the pictures and a PR to boot!

SteveP

aka FlyingFinn

Very very nice! Congratulations on a great effort and your PR.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

Dave59

Congratulations!  Excellent running.

Although I've never been to Richmond, there is so much detail about the marathon experience that seems so familiar in this report, and I don't know how you had the energy to write it up, but it was such a pleasure to read!  My favorite line is " I feel like they are some sort of heavy robotic appendages and I’m not entirely in control."

What a great day as it all came together for you and all that hard work and taper craziness paid off!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Tramps, I am *delighted*

Thanks for the entertaining report, and congratulations on a hard-earned, well-deserved PR.

You can do sub-3:20 now.

I agree.

Nice running!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I'm just getting to this report now, having been away for a few days, so I missed the pre-race reporting... most excellent racing, Tramps, congrats to you!!

mrrun

Congrats Tramps - greta race and race report

marj

Maniac 505

Awesome race awesome report. E knew you had it in you. Thanks for taking us along
                      Jlynne

You did good!  We knew that you would Big grin

Mariposai

There are so many parts of this report that I really like: the mental preparation, the being present through the whole race, the way you used a younger chick to keep you focused Joking, the way you embraced the pain as you pushed to the end. Way to show us all how a perfectly executed training and racing is done. I have enjoyed seeing you train for this marathon and I was expecting great result from it. Congrats, and like the Wiseone said...you have a sub 3:20 in you!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

TRAMPS!!!  Fantastic and not a surprise at all. Your awesome training paces and fast finish Long Runs sure had me convinced.  now you confirmed it!!  I noticed the great form in all the pictures even at the finish! Congratulations on a well deserved PR!!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

New skirt in town

Tramps...LOVED your report!  Such an inspiring PR!  Now I want to hear a gospel choir at the end of my next race...

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

coastwalker

Hi Tramps,

I can appreciate the effort it took to stay on pace and finish strong. But you were clearly mentally and physically prepared, and got the job done with time to spare. Thank you for both the PRR and RR, and congrats on your well-earned PR!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.