Masters Running

Monday, October 13 Columbus Day runs and such (Read 494 times)

Tim, keep an eye on that HR and if it doesn't go down, get checked out, ok? And ditto what folks are saying about resting a bit. Robert, will look forward to your RR on Spokane--hope you include some info on Jack. PBJ-nice going! I'm a fan of negative splits. Sounds as if y'all had fun, too, the most important thing! Tramps, you'll be greta in Richmond! I'll have to go find your RR. (and it snowed here, too but I haven't had to shovel yet!) HI Holly! Haven't decided what to do today, just must get it done before 2:37. Wink Work but it's slow today. Peter, getting up in the dark--I need a running buddy like you! grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wow, thanks SR; I thought Jack was just a little short of 200. I won't be getting back to Bloomsday any day soon so I'll make my tribute where we passed on the Seattle Marathon out-and-back last year.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

good morning! Holly, he's not, but I used to wonder about that too! until they were both at the same race a while ago. Smile Enke, thanks. we talked about it when I saw him.... I really was torn about whether to mention it in my post. it was nice of you to let me know about it. Gordon... how great for your coach & his DW!! please tell them congratulations. Stevie Ray, I'm so sorry about your friend. DickyG (thanks!) how are you tackling those hills? how steep/long are they? 45 min. mix, prehab, pilates, etc.
        xor

wow, thanks SR; I thought Jack was just a little short of 200. I won't be getting back to Bloomsday any day soon so I'll make my tribute where we passed on the Seattle Marathon out-and-back last year.
          Jon, you passed Jack during his 200th. Seattle was #200 and #last for Jack. He went out there and got Marine Corps and Seattle as his last two. That's pretty cool considering he was a Marine and a long-term Maniac.

Mariposai

SR, I am so glad you had a great run in Spokane, specially knowing that you were running in honor of your friend. PBJ, are we going to get an RR from Hartford from you? Congrats on that 3:32. Well done. Will run later, the pager went off just as I was getting ready to go out for a run. Still can't believe that I got not one, but three hugs from Gordon in my own backyard.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Nancy... one of them was from me. special request. did he forget to tell you? I just saw Jack's shirt. what an amazing guy.
              Mariposai

Thanks dg for sending me a hug with lynden. I sure needed it. Tim, YOU need to rest and relax my friend. You have worked soooo hard in the last months, we don't want you sick or injured a few weeks before your marathon. Take a day or two easy and then get back at it. Are you sleeping well? Eating well? Ate there any stressors in your life, besides training?. Marathon training is not easy, otherwise the whole world would do it Wink. Keep up the great work.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

xor

Dg – is Duckgeek the same person as Labduck?
                  This has been answered on p1, but I'll add that the name "duckgeek" might not be familiar to some of you because he doesn't really post here. He's a kick (and previous to that, CR 30-somethings) poster/moderator dude. They are both ducks because of U of Oregon ties.

SR - so sorry to hear about your friend. I am truly in awe of what you are doing -- it was really inspiring to talk with you after Portland.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

5 miles on the treadmill, progression run, with average pace of 8:39 per mile. Left knee is still unhappier than usual, but I don't plan to run again till Wednesday. Also I plan to hold off for a while on leg curls and leg extensions, because I suspect they were factors in this latest knee flare-up. Also I have pledged to lemmingrunner, I mean lyndenrunner, not to exceed 20 mpw for the foreseeable future. Dark Horse
                      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                        Teresa, congrats to your son on his XC meet. Twocat, I'm sorry to hear of your friend's diagnosis. My thoughts are with him, his family, and friends. evan, you had a rough time of it with planes and foot problems. I hope things improve. lynden, a big congrats to your wife on her 1st marathon (and a speedy one it was). DH, it's neat that you and DC got BB out in the fresh air to toss the football around. srlopez, thanks for posting the picture of the shirt you wore in memory of your friend. Nice long runs for Teresa, breger, maine, Holly, dtoce (2 with wife), dg (you're really doing well lately, good job Deb), bike (I wonder if the carpy run was because you've been hitting it pretty hard lately. I'm glad to hear the next run was ok), and Peter. This morning it was about 50 and calm. I got in 8 miles in just under 1:18 for a 9:44 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm just thrilled, though - I've run over a week now with no pain of any kind - my right foot is finally recovered, ankle and arch! 4 1/2 months I've waited for this.
                          That is wonderful news! PBJ! Great job, fast guy! Sr Lopez – sorry about your friend. Wonderful tribute, though. Hi Amy! I was just looking at your face this morning. Bob (btb) sent me a few photos he had taken at Boston, and you were in one of them. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Robert - I look forward to your RR on Spokane, and more info on your amazing friend that passed away. Tim - You were smart for taking the miles easy. Crappy runs happen. Sometimes the miles just start to accumulate. Sometimes it takes a whole week to recover from speedwork. Sometimes you can be running a low grade fever and not be aware of it, and have your resting HR 10 beats higher. We are all fully confident in your ability to smoke this marathon. The taper really is magic. 54F - Almost balmy!!, overcast, a bit windy. Ok, since I didn't run all weekend, I thought I would be ready for some speedwork today. And I was, but I kind of botched it too. Plan was for 4 x 1 mile reps with 2 min walk breaks. Target pace was supposed to be 8:30, but I probably should have made that a little slower even. 2 mile w/u @ 11:26 8:27 8:17 8:38 3 mile c/d (11:10, 10:37, 8:44) So I went too fast on that second rep, and paid for it later..... I was dying to be done on the third rep. But after jogging a two mile cool down, I felt like going for it again. That last mile was fun. So I did get my 4 miles of speedwork in after all. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hi Amy! I was just looking at your face this morning. Bob (btb) sent me a few photos he had taken at Boston, and you were in one of them. Smile
                              I'm so sorry Blush. OK, off to the gym with me--checked in to get inspiration! ....................< 2 hrs. :x :x :x :x :x.............................................................................. 2="" hrs.="" :x="" :x="" :x="" :x=""></ 2 hrs. :x :x :x :x :x..............................................................................>
                              Masters 2000 miles

Top 'O the World!

. Bob (btb) sent me a few photos he had taken at Boston. Smile
                                How is Bob, btw?
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group