Masters Running

Wednesday, 6.24.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm still trying to play ketchup, and I'm not doing very well. I had a very busy day yesterday, capped by a productive 2.5 hour Conservation Commission meeting last night. Today'll be nuts too, and I have only 3 meetings to deal with, on top of the rest of the work. I slept in this morning 'cause I needed it.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

And I always relish your recaps.

5 miles for me this morning.  Very pleasant day, the humidity seems to have followed the storm out to sea.  Hope all the tornadoes that i saw going through MI didn't come anywhere near our residents.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Don't know how you mustered the wherewithal to weather the CC mtg for 2.5 hours. .

Got in 7 spritely miles (these days, that means sub 9 ) with Speedsters last night, then just 6 over easy this am.  Rains last night made this am a little more bearable.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

Ugh...a 2.5 hour meeting.

I invoked the rain rule this morning. Did strength training in the basement. Gave the Hula Hoop a try...RAGBRAI is right around the corner. It pays to be able to Hula Hoop.

Dave59

3 easy for me this morning.

This morning, it was just above 50° and almost calm. I did 4 miles at an 11:18 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

While I am trying to pack for my trip to MI, I also am trying to help DD pack for church camp, which she will be heading to on Sunday, leaving several hours before I arrive home.  I don't really trust DH to make sure she has everything she will need.  I guess that's just the control freak in me.

2 easy for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

While I am trying to pack for my trip to MI, I also am trying to help DD pack for church camp, which she will be heading to on Sunday, leaving several hours before I arrive home.  I don't really trust DH to make sure she has everything she will need.  I guess that's just the control freak in me.

2 easy for me this morning.

No, i think that's just an understanding of husbands and their capabilities.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

No, i think that's just an understanding of husbands and their capabilities.

+1

King of PhotoShop

Wednesday is the day I usually run solo as my wife goes into work early and we always joke that I'm going to run a bunch of miles to get way ahead of her for the week, but I set out to run just 6 today. Hot, humid, sunny and no wind, the perfect combination to DIE out there!  But I got in 6.2 just the same and drank a ton of water.  Worked out okay but glad I didn't have to do more.  Spareribs

Mariposai

A flight by post here to report the fun-stastic time we are having with the Twocats!. They are such fun loving and easy people to have around. The Steady Pacer and I feel that they are more like family than just friend to us, so having them visit our home is really a special treat.  I am sure Twocat will come here later to tell you all about their adventures in frontier Okanogan County, but here are a few pictures to show you were they been so far.

On top of Cutthorat pass on the North Cascades.

On top on Washington Pass.

and yesterday down to Rock Creek Lake they went (the trek was an adventure, right Twocat?).

Ohh, running, yesterday twocat and I ran 6 miles. Today the four of us went running. The ladies did 6 agri-tourism miles. The boys did 6 +. Now the Steady Pacer will take them to the top of Mt. Tiffany while I work.

Have I mentioned how much fun it is to hang out with these two lovely people? Love having them here.

Twocat is here, what to cook, what to cook Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

My DW and I are still out at the Mariposai residence.  Today her DH is taking us on a hike up some mountain.  I wonder if this will be my last post ever?    In case it is, here is a picture from mademoiselle Mariposai to do me in on a dust covered cliff trail.  Despite her best efforts my DW and I made it down alive where we had lunch at a cute little pond.  A pond the tourism board has cleverly called a lake.  But, still cute with lots of lily pads and bugs.  Did I mention the bugs?  Lots and lots of those!

From left to right my DW, Mariposai and yours truly.  Yes, you can see we are having a really tough time roughing it out in the wild west!

In running news:  Easy Pacer a.k.a DH to Mariposai and I ran 6 miles together while Mariposai ran 6 with my DW.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...mornin' guys//.......turns out I accidently worked-out 5-days in a row so

REST DAY

...........by which I mean 2 sessions of weights, morning and evening.

..................off to see Claire tomorrow, she went to HORSE CAMP this week.........so I see a CowGirl Hat in her future

..............good running guys,,,,,,,,hope to join you, say around Autumn-ish??

......ps.........tet can blame.......er,,,,,,,I meant'' thank'' me all he wants, but the Man's an  Amazing Runner,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpp5LEEaj0

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Huh? Cutthroat Pass, Washington Pass, Rock Creek Lake, and nameless mountains?  How long have you been there?  I did the 5.5 mile ascent/5.5 mile descent in the 11-mile Cutthroat Pass Ridge Race back in the days when I could do that sort of thing and, even then,  it wiped me out for a week and you're doing it everyday, . .. . and then going road running afterwards as if it is normal, which it probably is for mariposai.  . 
                              ps question to twocat: does mariposai ever get wiped out?
                              too nice a day on the continuum of sunny weather that’s been blessing us
                              in the PNW for the last three months for even a non-trainer to not run: 4 miles.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TwoCat's determined to keep me jealous!

Jay, without your recaps I have to go and read all of yesterday's thread.

IRC here this morning, but I delayed going out and it had warmed up quite a bit by the time I started. Did 2.5 miles as a final taper run before Saturday, although I'm really not sure what I'm tapering from.

I have a custom app on my Garmin that will show me my predicted HM time as I run based on the elapsed time & distance so far and my current pace. Unfortunately, I looked at it while running today and it was predicting a time that made me start thinking about trying to "set a time" on Saturday, which might not be a good idea. Mainly, I'm sure that I couldn't maintain that pace for another 11 miles. I hope that someone up there manages to talk some sense into me, although if even my DW fails at that...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"