Masters Running

Saturday, April 4th - it's the weekend run and what have you. (Read 449 times)

SteveP

DW asked me how far I ran. When I told her 21 miles she said: "Why would anyone run 21 miles? I hesitate to drive 21 miles sometimes". Big grin Good luck tomorrow Holly! Bill
    My first Michigan run in over a week. When I went out to warm up the truck , Tag set next to it untill I came out in running gear. I didn't have to ask him twice if he wanted to go.1.5miles. Only one loop as the dog and I kept sinking through the snow. 39F today...The previous run was 85F

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

go SRL with dive 'n arf too, . . . but not too fast to enjoy the scenery

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

munchkn883

Seven miles for me this morning. Actually ran 3 half mile lengths!! That was exciting!!
        evanflein

Yay Munch! That's great! How are you feeling? Sounds like things are going well with a new grandbaby on the way and a little running for you. Byll, tell your DW hi for me. She's pretty funny, I can hear her saying that. Nice 21 miler, btw. Ok, all you guys talking about blooming trees and mowing lawns, you can just cut that crap out for awhile, ok? Or at least tone it down a bit. I'm chipping ice and hard pack out of my driveway and dealing with snow and ice on the roads still. I was going to take some "springtime" pictures and post them, but can't find the digital camera. Guess I should take some time during taper to clean my house... Didn't run yesterday, played in the driveway instead (see above). But I'll run 6-8 today, easy pace but there will be hills. Tomorrow I'll try my last 20+ miler. Hope the ol' bod agrees with that plan. Oh, and Mt. Redoubt blew again last night. This could go on for awhile... Starting to hope my Boston trip isn't affected by volcano-induced flight cancellations! Tongue ETA: Yakima looks gorgeous today! Thanks, Tet!
          busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Good luck tomorrow Holly! btw, I was the orange jacket on the left. We had a fast and hilly 11 mile club run this morning. We followed a running trail for a mile or two. The finish up to the start of the marathon in Hopkinton is at the top of a hill, so if you come from the east it is quite a climb. I'll pay more attention to my taper plan tomorrow I guess :-P Enjoy the day everyone!
            -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
            also on Twitter
              Go Holly, go!!! Good luck to all weekend racers. I am feeling seriously sproink-challenged. Just blah and marginally ill all over. Maybe 'cause it's finally spring break? Maybe 'cause I've been more consistent with my running than ever over the past 6 months and just need a break? Sub-consciously trying to set myself up for failure on Broad Street? Not sure and not feeling well enough to figure it out today. Off to my beloved shore to muse, rest, and look for my mojo - I always find it near the beach. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

some nice long runs out there today!! bill - great 21 and steve - nice job!! busi - nice 11 in hopkinton - must be so exciting right now sorry bout your weather erika -- i don't know if i could take that -- i have a hard enough time dealing with New England weather and really think about moving to warmer climates once my 14yo son graduates h.s munch - so glad you felt good adding in some running!! Eliz - hope you find your mojo - we definitely all have those days cross-training -- 30 minutes arc trainor, 20 minutes stepmill, abs, stretched

denise

Holly - Go get them tomorrow. Look forward to hearing about your race!! Liz had to bail on me so: 32k alone in the rain in 2:37 EZ. Only saw one runner the whole time (what is up with that). The run was ez, legs were fine, breathing no problem. A bit bored so I played a game of jump worms and counted all the dead frogs along the road (guess there was a mating session last night) Just had a huge breakfast, now to drive the girls to their friend rendezvous's. Enjoy - couch is calling me...time for NCAA basketball!!!!! Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

32k alone in the rain in 2:37 EZ. The run was ez, legs were fine, breathing no problem. A bit bored so I played a game of jump worms and counted all the dead frogs along the road (guess there was a mating session last night)
                    Wow - 32K EZ??? I'm almost embarrassed to post my meager 10 miles! What's wrong with this picture - Tall is counting dead frogs while I'm counting down how many miles are left! The 10 thin mint Girl Scout cookies that I ate last night didn't seem like such a good move this morning... Anyway, got 'er done, 10:01 pace. I ran with the CellCom training group - there had to be over 150 people there. It's like the training group has become a race onto itself. Lots of nice people, great weather. The course runs along the Fox River, and the walleye fishermen were out in droves this morning - almost like a traffic jam on the river. While we're not ready to cut grass yet, at least the snow is all melted. Well - at least until tomorrow. Another storm headed this way... YOU CAN DO IT HOLLY - GO RUN LIKE A GIRL!!!
                      RUN HOLLY RUN !!!! No problem you are gonna do great. Erika, If it makes ya feel better we are getting 6 inches of the white stuff tomorrow night. It should only last a few days though. Good luck with your last 20 miler. I wimped out last night with a cold rain and wind and decided to rest my weary legs.I also ran my long run today in antisipation of tomorrows storm. 18.5 miles 2:53:00 for about a 9:20 pace. Sunny and 45 so IRC. Next week I have a 15k race so I will probably take a back week anyway as I have been building for 3 weeks now. My hamstring is still an issue . I guess I will see what happens in next weeks race. Maybe I need to reassess my goal time for that race and just use it as a tempo run. Go Michigan State Spartans!!!!!!!!! Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

4 mile tempo run for me today: 8.1 miles, 1:02:37, 7:42/mi, AHR 164 (84% MHR) 3@8:02(151), 4@7:14(171), 1.14@8:24(165) Hey, I ran faster than mainerunnah! How unuuusual! Smile
                        You've clearly been SANDBAGGING Beer! Wink Nice run.
                          Holly S. I hope you smoke it tomorrow!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Are you back home twocat? erika, it was so great to chat with you last night. I hope the folks at Yakima marathon are having a great time. go Holly goooooooooBig grin I had a tough assignment today. 14 with 2x4miles at tempo. I was not sure how this would go since I had a tough training week. 3 miles easy, 4@8:30, one mile easy, 4@8:30, 2 easy. 14 miles total under blue skin and sunshine. Now let the taper begin!!!!!! Now it is time to get ready for a birthday party for our exchange student.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Yep, back in CT since yesterday afternoon. Nice 14 miler pre taper Mariposai . Today I saw DW off this morning as she went off to do 5 miles with the jogging club. Tomorrow she plans 7 since it will be nicer out. No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous. [editor No just insane. Roll eyes] No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous. No I am not insanely jealous.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Mariposai, you are one tough runner, now relax. It is all easy from here on in. Spareribs