Masters Running

Wednesday, Nov. 19 Runs (Read 707 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning! Brinkley and I were out for 5 miles this morning. Some very slippery areas, so sure footedness was my top priority. Of course, Brinkley could care less .... 26 degress, wind picking up, and 10:04 avg. pace. Quite the disussion yesterday! I still have to go back and read some of the later posts. Where is SteveP??? Happy Hump Day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice run with Brinkley.. sounds like same temps there, Hopeful Very cold morning out here in Conover, NC. Crips clear 24F....brrr.... (It's snowing like crazy only 45 minutes to the west in the mountains.) Bundled in a tee, two long sleeve tees, tights, shorts, gloves and hat. The faster I ran the greater the windchill and the cooler the face got.. It was VERY refreshing Smile 8.4 rolling miles in 1:13:01 (8:44 pace, AHR 153)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Nice runs, Mary and Steve. I guess I missed yesterday completely -- need to go back and take a peek. It was cold here, too, at about 24°F -- that seems to be about the right number for the day. Recovery run for me -- to recover from yesterday and set up tomorrow's longish run. I finished the last 1/2 mile with PDR, though, and she was running fast! 6.2 miles, 55:51, 9:04/mi, AHR 133

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning Gang... Yeah, yesterday was interesting - funny - and very relevant. And I liked what Amy said about this issue yesterday also... "See, I think today's thread goes toward why we all feel as if we've known each other for years when we do arrange to meet. I mean, have you talked with many other people about this stuff as we are here?" Same cold temps here also. Geez Steve, you had to bundle up with all those cloths. I just wore shorts and no shirt on my "non" run this morning, and I was comfy warm Cool Just a quick fly by post as I am super busy at work. Good runs and non runs to everyone. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Mainerunnah - Thank you for wearing your HR strap upside down for me yesterday!! You have now confirmed Tim-Bo's suspicion that I AM goofy!! Oye!! Yes, it happens everytime it is on upside down - whacky, weird, low HR numbers. Now I'm wondering if when I have it on upright if those numbers are right! Maybe I really don't have a higher than avg. heart rate ..... calling Garmin today. Carolyn - thanks for the advise on Alaska! Nice run Perch - sounds like another HIE run for you? Lou - beware! You may not want to read yesterday's thread. Surprised Tim-Bo - Nice NON-run today. I'm proud of you.

~Mary

~unknown

5 slippery miles in the snow this morning. Enjoying my coffee after!
                I really think yesterday's thread stinks. Don't read it. This morning was our chilliest morning so far this season. The forecast called for 49 but we only got 53 with a steady wind out of the north. My body really likes November. 10.1 miles at 8:50 min/mile pace. This felt extremely easy and the HR confirmed it. Average HR only 141. Highest 150. My legs have been a little achy this week, especially the left knee. It's not the shoes this time so I need get myself reacquainted with the Gym. A couple of weeks of that will strengthen the other leg muscles a bit and all the aches will go away. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

flatland mountaineer

Non-runs til we get done with harvest or have weather delays. Weather coming in again tonite but hopefully it will be a dud. Cheers

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Tramps

Bob—I’m not surprised there’s no difference with a HRM upside down, why would there be? Now I have to try this….for the sake of science. Tall—you’re crazy; nasty conditions to run in. Carolyn, Erika, et al—Ooooo, a long trip to Alaska with lots of hiking sounds wonderful. DW and I are long, long overdue for a real vacation. Hmmmm…. Leslie and Tim—I’m speechless. This thread has brought a whole new meaning to RBI’s; now it’s "runners with bowel issues". BTW, Tim, did you answer the homeowner or did you just run off? All I’ve got to say is you people better stay off my lawn! Wink Lou—be careful if you go back to yesterday’s thread; you don’t want to accidentally step in anything. Byll—groan! r2farm—are you a new poster or did I just miss something (which wouldn’t be the first time). Either way, welcome! Rest day for me. Smile

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yesterday`s first ever daily-double non run still seems like a dream. sure helps to have so many friends, virtual and sometimes real, in trying times like these. for now, I`ll keep on dreamin` til all those dreams come true. nonrunners anonymous - COR 11/18/08 lamerunner - 8 erika - 16 twocat - 16 ? timbi - 17 tet - 24

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Perch – shorts? If I wore shorts in that cold, my legs would be bright red when I finished, and I would have to spend 10 minutes scratching them as they warmed... Breger – me, too. (i.e. achyness and left knee) I asked my DH today if he had morning leg stiffness and achyness, too (as in, is it my running or am I just getting old). R2farm – I didn’t realize you were still harvesting at this time of year. 24 degrees and a recovery run here as well - 6.25 easy-paced miles (ave pace 10:35, ave HR 125). Maximum HR 1:53, when I was climbing the hill to get home. Mary – I’ll try to wear my HR strap upside down tomorrow and see if it’s different than today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

yesterday`s first ever daily-double non run still seems like a dream. sure does help to have so many friends, virtual and sometimes real, in trying times like these. for now, I`ll keep on dreamin` til all those dreams come true. nonrunners anonymous - COR 11/18/08 lamerunner - 8 erika - 16 twocat - 16 ? timbi - 17 tet - 24
                          "taper tet, you`re doing fine, taper tim`s far behind." Actually tet, not to be nit picky....but I have only ran once in 24 days...my 16 mile Marathon attempt. So I am not really that far behind Tongue Timmy

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I found this on the Garmin website: 1. The forerunner 305 heart-rate monitor is to be worn with the logo right-side up, directly on the skin just beneath the breastplate. Holly - that'd be great if you would do that for me .... maybe it is Maine that is goofy and not ME! Smile

~Mary

~unknown

Bob—I’m not surprised there’s no difference with a HRM upside down, why would there be? Now I have to try this….for the sake of science.
                              I wasn't surprised by the result either, nor did I expect anything but what I got...but I still couldn't resist the urge to at least give it a go...for the sake of scientific research and all. Wink Maybe all of us who own a 305 should give it a go...what the heck...why not! Big grin
                                I found this on the Garmin website: 1. The forerunner 305 heart-rate monitor is to be worn with the logo right-side up, directly on the skin just beneath the breastplate. Holly - that'd be great if you would do that for me .... maybe it is Maine that is goofy and not ME! Smile
                                Ouch...hey have you been talking to my DW? If you have that is just not fair!! Big grin