Masters Running

nrr - Commercial help (Read 335 times)

Dave59

There seems to be some smart people on this forum so maybe someone can explain this commercial I see while watching college football:

A couple guys are driving/riding in the front seat of a Nissan sedan. One of them looks back and says, "how ya doing back there rookie?". The camera cuts to a football player (Ingram?) sitting in the back seat in Bama helmet jersey and pads, who gives each of them a blank stare. The guys in front chuckle.

End of commercial.

What?

U.M.W.B

I just looked it up on You tube

http://youtu.be/cHlSCfUlu1U

I dont get it either

U.M.W.B

C-R

Very wierd and there are others at youtube as well.

It's Tim Brown (yeah for my alma mater) of Notre Dame and Charlie Ward of Free Shoes University um I mean Florida State with the newest member of the Heisman club. What in creation it has to do with a car brand (other than the weak connection of Heisman = Nissan) I haven't a clue.

Perhaps it's modern art. I don't get that either.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh, man, guys--I can't believe you don't get this.  You see, it's Tim Brown and Charlie Ward and they're diving a Nissan...and well...Mark Ingram is in the back seat...and umm...yeah--that's it. 

Dave59

Perhaps it's modern art. I don't get that either.

Modern art.  That must be it.  Like the story I read today of a photograph that sold for $4 million.  The photo shows a river and some grass.  I've taken pictures like that by accident.

coastwalker

Whenever we see commercials like that, DW and I wonder what the ad agency said to the client (or gave them to smoke...) that ever convinced them to approve the ad. It is one thing to be "cutting edge." It's not quite the same to be "Huh?"

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

#artbydmcbride

"...........The first Alabama player to take home the hardware, Class of 2009’s Ingram, gets the rookie treatment throughout, serving as the designated water boy and being denied a prime perch on the sofa.

When Charlie Ward and Tim Brown aren’t busting Ingram’s chops, the aging jocks get to relive some of their past glories. While Flutie’s beaning of Testaverde won’t make anyone forget his ’84 Hail Mary pass to Gerard Phelan, watching Sanders mimic his old crazy legs routine will make OSU fans long for the halcyon days of ’88.

When not trained on the talent, the camera lingers on Nissan’s Maxima, Frontier, and Pathfinder models. The spots are an extension of Nissan’s ongoing association with the Heisman, which includes sponsorship of a season-long campus tour as well as print, digital, and other cross-platform buys."

Confused   Well, I have a hard time understanding football.

Runners run

U.M.W.B

"...........The first Alabama player to take home the hardware, Class of 2009’s Ingram, gets the rookie treatment throughout, serving as the designated water boy and being denied a prime perch on the sofa.

When Charlie Ward and Tim Brown aren’t busting Ingram’s chops, the aging jocks get to relive some of their past glories. While Flutie’s beaning of Testaverde won’t make anyone forget his ’84 Hail Mary pass to Gerard Phelan, watching Sanders mimic his old crazy legs routine will make OSU fans long for the halcyon days of ’88.

When not trained on the talent, the camera lingers on Nissan’s Maxima, Frontier, and Pathfinder models. The spots are an extension of Nissan’s ongoing association with the Heisman, which includes sponsorship of a season-long campus tour as well as print, digital, and other cross-platform buys."

Confused   Well, I have a hard time understanding football.

That was awesome! 

U.M.W.B