Masters Running

Valentine's Day Daily, 2.14.15 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I hope your back continues to improve, Holly. I hope you beat the storm, TW. Good luck to DD #1, Slo - you can always grow that beard back. I'm glad you all didn't get arrested, RCG. Good luck today, Aamos! Great walking, Tselbes. Good for you for taking a preemptive rest day, WC. Sounds like a fun small group run, Stumpy. I hope you got in a good run, Evanflein. Congrats on the fast 5K & 2nd AG, Marj - bummer about the computer glitch. Take it easy on that knee, Henrun. Have fun, Mariposai! I hope the dragon dancing and firecracker blasting worked too, Tet. How'd that skit turn out, Mike?

DW and I have a lot to do today. But, if we have time, we may bake this cake for ourselves to have after (or maybe instead of) dinner tonight:  http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11001-intense-chocolate-mousse-cake?utm_source=sharetools&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=website

I got up at 4 this morning, fed the cat and checked the weather. It was -10 with a wind chill of -36. I made the wise choice and went back to bed. I needed a long workout this weekend, but it's not going to happen. So it goes...

Have a greta Valentine's Day/Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay//........looks like it's gonna hit here around noon,

may be able

to get in a work-out before I have to Book It Outta Here........

just wanted

to wish mikeE Good Luck,

as I have

proved many times

(and once in a buggy)

Funny is hard to do

...............good running guys........Think Warm Thoughts

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

That cake sounds delicious Jay!!

I made almond meal pancakes this morning -- so yummy!! Of course, I am the only one who will eat them in the house!!

Still not running - trying to be sensible!! Riding my bike indoors - decided to name her Rosie!!

Happy Valentine's Day my friends!!

Looks like Enke and Posai are having a wonderful time skiing - I hope we get a pic of the men as well!!

denise

Mariposai

Having a great time with Enkie and Mr. Blue Eyes.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

moebo

No runs for me today (or yesterday). It was -12.5 (-30 WC) when I got up, so I didn't even consider going out!

Glad to see you're having so much fun with Enke, Mariposai! Very discreet of you not to have included the men in your picture...

Holly, I hope your back is even better today. I wanted to tell you that your DH is very lucky to have you.

Rose, happy belated birthday to Stretch! I think I know where he gets his writing talent from.

Deez, good idea not to run until your back is ready for it.

MikeE, how did the skit go over?

Jay, that cake looks wonderful. I was thinking about trying the recipe myself, but it turns out we are stranded and can't get to a store! The NH cold seems to have affected BF's truck....hopefully it'll right itself when  the temps rise a bit. So it looks like my plans to make a special dinner for my valentine are going to have to be put on hold .

Sayhey! MM#130

Love the photo Mari!  Thanks!

we are in the car headed home and I am low on battery but I posted a photo of Simon in his RV in the back seat on FB.

hope you can see it Erika!

They had frozen yogurt on a stick at the end of the race today.  Really really good.

got to go for now

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

I got up at 4 this morning, fed the cat and checked the weather. It was -10 with a wind chill of -36. I made the wise choice and went back to bed. I needed a long workout this weekend, but it's not going to happen. So it goes...

Sounds like the wise choice to me, Jay.

Deez - glad you are being sensible.  I should be more sensible but my waistline is pressuring me....

Enke and Mariposai - looks like fun!

I colored my hair this morning, then put in some foiled highlights this afternoon.   Maybe not the salon look, but thanks to Sally's Beauty Supply, only about $7 instead of $120+....

DH and I watched Sicario last night.  Sort of grim, and then a little more grim.  Not really my kind of movie but good performances.

It was bitter here as well (although I expect not by Erika's standards), so I stayed on the TM and got in 9 miles at 10:42 pace.  My back is better still but not yet good - a couple more days.  We are supposed to be up to a high of 60 degrees by Friday!  Hopefully I can get a good LR in to enjoy the temps.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

now that's what winter's for. 

Having a great time with Enkie

two snow goddesses

results later but finished this morning's Valentine's Day 5K almost five minutes faster than last weekend's 40-minute Chinese Lunar Year of the Monkey 5k.  yipppeeeee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

marj and henrun, nice 5K.  Marj, great on the sub 30 minute 5K.  I've about given up on ever doing that again.  mari, neat get together with enke and mr blue eyes.  Mike, nice long run.

Yesterday afternoon, I walked 2 miles on the TM at 13:52/mi.  This morning, I did 3 at 13:54/mi.  This afternoon, it was in the mid teens and the road was covered with ice/packed snow.  I put on my Ice Trekers and did 2 miles outside at a 14:01 pace.  For the week, I got in 29 walking miles, most under 14 min/mi.  My next dr appointment is a week from tomorrow so I'm off running at least until then.  That means that next Saturday's race I will be walking rather than running.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Great picture of Posie and Enke.  Glad you're having fun.

The drama went very well.  I guess my email went right to the guy's junk mail.  He was happy to do it and did a great job.

We have a young lady at church with Down syndrome.  For some reason, she loves these dramas and gets very excited when she finds out we're doing one.  In fact, there have been many times when I just haven't felt like writing one but did because I didn't want her to dissapoint her.  During the "Passing of the Peace" portion of our service she always seeks me out to give me a hug.  Today, knowing we were doing a drama, when she hugged me she said, "I hope you break your leg!"  I have been smiling ever since.

Okay--I gotta get out of this chair and get my run done.

wildchild

Carolyn

Nice story, Mike!  I hope you don't break a leg on your run!

I  want to see a picture of Mr. Blue Eyes!  I already know what Enke and Posie look like!

I just got in from a very WINDY 5.6 mile run.  Reminded me of the Wyoming marathon...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Bushrat Runner

Don't mean to scare anyone...but I've been running a bit the past month...

Including yesterday...

And today...

Probably nobody is scared but me...

Anyway...Hi everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey rhoon, nice to see you checking in.  I've always enjoyed hearing of your adventures.

Hey Rhoon, it is good to hear from you now and then. MrStarr and I were in Alaska last fall but did not see you anywhere. I bought a Samsung camera like yours and the size is great but I really miss the viewfinder. Trying to zoom in on the animals.

I have had a low key weekend. We went to a local dive that serves the world famous onion rings, no really, they are. American Food Legends was sampling them just about when we were at the bar. "Larry Lang is the ONION KING OF THE WORLD! His famous onion rings were sampled last night by rock legends, KISS, before their epic unmasked and unplugged show in Sioux Falls, SD! #lickitup #onionringawesomeness #kiss #fooddoc #rocknroll. If anyone is ever in SW MN, the Saloon Seven in Wilmont, MN is the place to eat.

Larry was a classmate of ours and used to run a steakhouse with his dad, Michael's was a classy restaurant that we went to often. So when we wanted to celebrate our 40th anniversary we gathered up those in our wedding party and the four of us had dinner there. Today is our fortieth anniversary and MrStarr thinks we should go for 40 more. I would only be 99 by then so we're on.

We went to Sioux Falls to shop for some stuff then had a meal at one of those hugh Chinese buffets. What a lot of food and so much waste from all the tables.  I really took only what I thought I could eat but ate less than half of each entre .  After church today I made homemade potato soup with peanut butter sandwiches. Dessert was Bananas in pudding with graham crackers on top.  I made a batch of homemade granola bars that I really like. Some little kiddos are coming over tomorrow so their mamma can get some stuff done with just the baby. We will go to the Y first and be back by 10:00.  I miss my grandkids and this is the next best thing.

i hope to got outside for a run tomorrow afternoon, it is supposed to be nice. I will catch up on your races and runs tomorrow. See ya!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Cool Starr, always good to be planning for your 99th year!

Nice job, Mike E, that obviously means a lot to her. Glad it went well.

14.3 miles for me today. Hope I didn't over do the ankle. It was barking at me a couple times but never really hurt. But I didn't have much energy today, and kept negotiating with myself how much farther to go. Just under 45 miles for the week, so I'll need to catch up to make my 200 mile goal.