Masters Running

Thu Aug 28 Runs and Workouts (Read 460 times)

Life is crazy!!! in the house for a few seconds after work..reviewing emails as I gobble two slices of pizza I bought from a vendor before driving into the country to see my oldest Caties play soccer!!! Wow is life busy... Thinks are going great. I am so happy these days!! Ran tempo at lunch and it went well. I think I will be ready for the half marathon in 23 days...I can feel my speed coming back... Happy Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

evanflein

Mariposai that's a gorgeous picture. Wow, 10 hours of climbing up and/or down. That's a lot. How's the legs today? My legs were dead tired today. I made them do a 5 mile run on trails, so lots of ups and downs but nothing like yesterday. I guess it's been just under 20 hours since my hill run, and probably could've used either more time or flatter terrain. Oh well, got it done. And realized I have over 430 running miles on these shoes. Time to pull out the next pair and start looking for more. Speaking of shoes... (were we?) I've been reading where someone with a normal arch who pronates slightly should be wearing stability shoes... I've been wearing neutral cushion shoes all these years. BUT, I don't pronate at all but rather tend toward supinating (underpronating?). Whatever, now I'm concerned I've been wearing the wrong shoes?? (Tet, no need to interject here) I do recall trying some stability-type shoes awhile ago (Asics Kayano comes to mind), and they hurt my feet... like I had tennis balls under my arch. Any ideas? comments? suggestions?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

top of the world
        wow, looks like you’re ready for the Mt. Everest Marathon, . . . or maybe even Equinox!. ps evf - nice nearly 16 miles on the equinox course; goin' back tonight? pps - since those words don't have anything to do with the way I run, no interjecting except to ask how's the foot?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Nice pic Mari, My family and I spent some time up by Bear tooth pass also. I have pictures of the big snowball fight between my two sons on July 4Th a few years ago. What beautiful scenery I was in awe the whole week we were there. 5 miles tonight in 36:00 . I actually made money running tonight. I found a neatly folded $5.00 bill along the road. Smile Does that make me ineligible for the Olympics now ? Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Bad running day Part II: I still had 3 miles to put in today, so I figured I'd go back out tonight and just get it done. I was feeling better, so why not? Why not? 1. Too warm out 2. Do not run well at night 3. Stomach starts acting up early into the run 4. Too many cars traveling on the dirt road I could probably name more reasons - but the bottom line is that I did my 3 miles - 10: 39 pace that felt more like 14:00 pace and AHR at 155 which seemed more like 190. Rest day tomorrow - woohoo! Mari - that photo is beautiful just as you are. I'm loving the kitchen remodels too. If my counters were cleaner I'd take pictures of our redo . . . . Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

Speaking of shoes... (were we?) I've been reading where someone with a normal arch who pronates slightly should be wearing stability shoes... I've been wearing neutral cushion shoes all these years. BUT, I don't pronate at all but rather tend toward supinating (underpronating?). Whatever, now I'm concerned I've been wearing the wrong shoes?? (Tet, no need to interject here) I do recall trying some stability-type shoes awhile ago (Asics Kayano comes to mind), and they hurt my feet... like I had tennis balls under my arch. Any ideas? comments? suggestions?
              no expert here, but I think neutral cushion is right for what you've said. however! I really do like my Nike Frees. I'm running about half of each run in them. Of course, half of one of your runs is probably about my weekly mileage... & they do say to start gradually. might want to think about it. it's just what the doctor didn't order, but they're working really well so far. Nancy, that's incredible. thanks. Mary, time for a cut back week?? thanks Carolyn Smile. and thanks Holly. I did go see, it looks great!
                Passed my physical and written tests yesterday(need more core work)...so tired today I didn't even run this morning... Nice pic Mariposai...
                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  great pic Mariposai!! nice runs out there today!! i slept over a friends house who lives close to work which was such a treat - in bed earlier than normal so could get myself up and out for a run.............did 35 minutes with my ironman timex - garmin was not charged enough - so i'm giving myself credit for about 3 miles because it was HILLY HILLY HILLY - felt great to be outside in the beautiful sunshine for awhile before coming in to work my 3rd night in a row -- have to remember that feeling next time i want to hit my alarm for more sleep!!

denise

Great Photoshop job, mariposai. Still disappointed McCain did not pick me, but I thank my good frens here for their support. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.