Masters Running

June Masters Miles (Read 42 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

And what is so rare as a day in June?  Then, if ever, come perfect days.    ~  James Lowell

Hard to believe the year is half over already!  And what have we got to show for it?    Time to post your monthly miles, AG awards, PRs, pictures, and anything else you'd like to share!  Sounds like the Charlevoix gathering was a group highlight for the month.

This is a picture from where I ran yesterday in the James Peak Wilderness.  This is at about 11,000 ft and the Continental Divide runs along the ridge in the background.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Henrun

Let me be the first to reply (since I haven't posted monthly mileage for several months).

For June I hit 67 miles (yesterday's .5 miles gave me a prime)

BlazinCajun

Nice photo - Thanks for doing this analysis:-)

183.2 June miles

First time back under 150 lbs since 2010 - lost 3 lbs.

Andrew

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

My mileage was down but I was racing.  I had a very slow 5k (about 27 min.) back in the oppressive H&H of Oklahoma.  Then Sunday I had a P.R. in a duathlon because it was my first one!  Actually in the first 5k run, I came close to a P.R. even though I was holding back for the rest of the event.  My transition times were very slow so I can improve in that area next time and maybe some on the bike too.  Here I am, dying at the finish line, photo taken by a cyclist friend who's so good that 12 miles on the bike wasn't enough for him so he just cheered us on!

finish

Here are the results.

Now back to the topic at hand.  I ran 94.3 miles and was surprised it wasn't at least 100.  This month will be higher.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Great picture, Carolyn! I can't imagine running at that elevation.

Hi Opie! Good to see you! Nice job on the duathlon.

Mileage down just a bit from the last couple of months, I'm blaming the smoke from wildfires.

233 miles for June (a prime number!!)

1,283.7 miles YTD for the first half of 2015

10k AG PR at the Midnight Sun Run on the 20th

#artbydmcbride

158.7   down a bit since I was justing racing short stuff lately.

Karl, you look like a teenager, have we carded you lately?

Runners run

wild, great picture to start the thread.  But then great pictures are your norm.

91 miles for June

475 miles for the year to date.

Thanks,

TomS

158.7   down a bit since I was justing racing short stuff lately.

Karl, you look like a teenager, have we carded you lately?

I was carded twice in Albuquerque recently!  I turn 54 later this month.  Maybe it helps that I have a 42 year-old very attractive running partner. 

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

MM #7877

Miles - 213.8

Highlight - Hatfield McCoy Marathon for fun!

Philippians 4:13.

C-R

Nice pic Wild.

A low month on miles and no races either.

111 for me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

109 June miles.  I dropped the decimal places to make it a prime number.  It's a crime if you aren't prime. Don't whine if you aren't prime.  If you're prime then let it shine.  If "you are" can be written as "you're", why can't "you aren't" be written as "you'rent"?

I hate to follow Dave's philosophical post about prime numbers, because I'm WAY past my prime

Anyway, 92.3 miles for June. One 10k that I finished in the top 25 out of 240 in my AG but the slowest time I've ever run it.  601.5 miles YTD

Thank you Carolyn!

Gorgeous photo, Carolyn and thanks for all you do to get this reporting underway. An early 4th of July photo of our majestic bird from "Up North". Vacation was wonderful last week and I actually enjoyed a ten mile run.  Alas, the June total is only 45 miles for June, almost as many as May's 46.  I think I forgot to post last month. 160 miles for the year.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Sayhey! MM#130

344.5 miles for June.

Grandmaster at Sugden Stride 5K  - $25 run shop gift card

3rd master at Charlevoix Marathon (3:32 w/ a negative split) - big heavy rock of the LP of Michigan that made it thru security.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

slowly building back some miles here - 67 for me!! And yes, Carolyn's prime chart on 6/29 helped me reach my prime!!

No races except my 1st 70.3 at Patriot!! So FUN!!

denise