Masters Running

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Saturday April 5 runs and such (Read 603 times)

Congrats Steve !! I'ts been a long road but you finally got a job. It's tough any place right now but in Michigan it's really a challenge. Welcome back Wildchild! 8.25 miles in 1:18 and some change. Just taking it easy on my sore calf and it doesn't seem any worse for the wear. I have 18 miles for tomorrow and I can't wait. The weather should be perfect and I am ready. My first 20 miler is scheduled in 2 weeks I am looking forward to that also. I am in virgin territory right now for me anything over 15 was a new pr. I have done 16, now 18 then 20 and hopefully 26.2 in the near future. Life is good !, Marathon Derrick , hope you do well tomorrow in the Martian Marathon. Everyone else, good runs, rest or recovery

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Easy 16 MLR here at 6:30 AM...start 38 degrees ..end 51 degrees....should hit 68 today...gonna be a beautiful day in Southern Oklahoma....

King of PhotoShop

Nice tuneup WiFi, and it's also a beautiful day here in N. TX. I did 2.2 in 20 minutes and feel great. Much as I love the Team Amy idea, I am sure Bob would be even happier to have his pledge goal fulfilled. It's only $2,000 and I'm sure we can push him over the top. Please click the link at the bottom of his page. Hey there Mary, nice negative splits. Got some spring sproink there today huh? Faster than I am now too! Spareribs

I Can Go The Distance

Good Morning, Great weather for running today. 59 and sunny. I did the Library 10k course in 59:13@9:34/mi pace. Holly and everyone else who has posted about Amy. I think you have come up with some wonderful ideas of how we can support Bob and Amy. I also agree with Spareribs though, that we should show some monetary support as well through Bob's site. Let's get him over the top! Dromedary: Did you know there was a 5k at Santa Anita today? I would like to run that race sometime. It ends up right on the race track. Sorry WRFB no beer at the end and you don't get to run with the horses!

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Count me in for Team Amy. Perhaps a small donation or a letter/email would surely lift her spirits! 6 easy treadmill miles today. I can feel I'm nearing the end of the training cycle, but everything's hanging in there nicely. This coach is easier on the overall mileage than Pfitz is (but don't let him here that!). I broke out my 2nd pair of green Brooks Glycerin 6 shoes today. These just might be the pair for Eugene. Just need 5 or 6 runs to get them in prime shape. Bill Edited to add: Thanks for the idea Ribs. I didn't know BTB had a donation page set up. I;ll go check it out ...

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

First long run in 2 weeks - yikes! 9.5 miles and still wearing tights Wink as cloudy and cool. Spareribs, so great to see you running again! That's a great idea for btb. - count me in! Off to continue the endless search for a mother of the bride dress. Dead
                Monday I'm starting a new career.
                Congrats SteveP. Sounds like you picked a good boss. We know he made a great choice!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Great news SteveP!! The Pfitz training plan, like many others, called for an 8-10K tune-up race today to assess fitness level. Since I've already validated my pace in a 20K race in March, I just wanted a good effort, so I decided to compromise with a 9 mile run including 5 miles at faster than 20K pace (7:36). It was 65F and muggy this morning, not optimal. so after 2.2 mile warmup with Tory at 8:30 pace, the 5 mile tempo went like this (entire miles 2 and 3 are slightly uphill): Tempo mile splits (HR/Max) 7:11(163/178), 7:23 (171/184), 7:27 (173/184), 7:26 (172/177),^(60sec rest)^, 7:12(170/182) [avg 7:20, AHR 170] At mile 4 I succumbed to the "take a breather demons" Evil grin and then pounded out the last one. Still excellent stimulus to get the HR up there. 9 miles in 1:10:44 (7:52 pace OA, AHR 165)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Like everybody else I am still hoping btb makes it to the starting line at Boston and runs for Amy all by his lonesome self! Well, lonesome plus another 30 thousand or so runners and hundreds of thousands of spectators. Wink Of course, if that does not come to be then some sort of Team Amy would be a nice gesture. SteveP congratulations both the new job and your raise! Pretty amazing to see that! Another no running day for me. But the leg feels good enough that I have to keep repeating to myself no running, no running, no running . . . Tomorrow however . . . Evil grin I hope everybody is enjoying the weekend. My Saturday is being spent with the pleasures of spending yet another day figuring out what I owe the tax man.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wildchild, I'm glad you're back! It's hard to even picture a place that crowded. I hope you get back into running quickly and easily! 4 miles for me this afternoon, at 10:28 pace - that is absolutely FLYING for me. I don't feel so sluglike anymore! Of course, it helped that it was 46 degrees with no wind. 30.2 miles for the week. Next week will be lighter since I"ll be in Texas. My parents' neighborhood is VERY hilly (no, not all of Texas is flat), so maybe I will try a few hill repeats. Happy Spring! (I figure if I keep repeating the word "spring," it will happen eventually). Teresa
                        Another damp 43F day. Did an 8 mile "recovery" run and although that's kind of long for a recovery jog, the pace was perfectly slug-like (11:25). In fact that is all I saw on my run, slugs. And the muddy dead rat that has been on the sidewalk for about 6 weeks now. I suppose even the scavengers have their limit on what they will eat. Great news Steve....send some job vibes my way, OK? I think Team Amy is a great idea. Good runs all, enjoy your gifts.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Feeling just a little bit off today,so I decided a rest day was in order...it's not going to be a high mileage week anyways... Got your message Mr.Ribs...my e-mail is lyndenrunner at gmail dot com...when the time gets closer to narrow down a run together Congrats Steve...Fabulous!!! Nice run Perch-You are more than ready
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                            Perch...awesome run today........your gonna pass me quickly at Boston......

GreenMan

Nice run Wa5yom Drom, I'm sure Spam and Vienna Sausages have very similar nutritional profiles. I ran up in the mountains today.It has been rainy and warm for a few days. The fog was thick, so thick I fell and never even hit the ground. Well, I'm just kidding. I wore my Bite sandals and still like them. I even hit some rocky, down hill, jeep road in the last 3 miles and they did pretty good. Feet are about the same or better than any other. I wasn't doing so well on the hills today. I ran/walked about 9 then walked a mile back the car. Image and video hosting by TinyPic JJJ
                              Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                              SteveP

My DW took off for the cottage this weekend and took my wallet with her! Hope this isn't the weekend I get pulled over. PJ
                                No matter how much you plead, the cops will only strip search you once.
                                yikes! 9.5 miles and still wearing tights
                                JJJ, your trail looks like it's close to heaven. My brother and I met out at Mom's to do some work. I took a break and hit some well liked trails. The snow is still over calf deep so I stayed on the undriveable dirt road. The snowmobiles have made it all moguls. It like trying to run on frozen waves. A few steps up and a few step down. The packed snow had a sand quality to it. When it got in my shoes, it melted real quick. 4 miles. Thanks for the support gang. It means a lot. I'm gonna miss my soaps though. Roger's been traped in a burning building for nearly a week and Hope isn't sure if she should call him. She just found out that only one of the twins is his and the other is her husband's step father's.

SteveP