Masters Running

Happy Tuesday the 13th (Read 34 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A quick 3.9 this morning in surprisingly humid weather.  And a cute running cartoon.

Speed Bump

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Kipchoge's malfunctioning shoes

We sent it all north to you!  Seriously, it is getting cooler; went down to 68 last night (we have our patio back!)

An easy 10K for me this am....still in recovery mode, then will slide into taper, after a 10 mile race Sunday --speedwork!

And since I asked, here's a photo of Eliud Kipchoge's major shoe malfunction at the Berlin Marathon (he still won).

Happy tunes Toosday to all.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Yes, today is why we live in southern climes.  High 60's this morning for us too, and bright, clear skies.  Felt pretty good to run 3.3 this morning.  I'll do 10 tomorrow, then race a trail 10K for a charity on Saturday.   Spareribs

pfriese

Beautiful here in Oklahoma, too. No wind and 50 degrees made for a fantastic 9.4 mile run around the lake this morning.

Paul

moebo

Stumpy, that is exactly how it felt at the end of my marathon--those fake-out finish lines are the worst!

Love the slipping inserts picture.

Just had time for four miles today before work. Temps in the 50s, felt great.

Yes, today is why we live in southern climes.  High 60's this morning for us too, and bright, clear skies. 

Well, that's often our weather up here while you're still sweltering in the 90s, which is why I live in northern climes. 

Someone could also do a cartoon about those people that are "encouraging" you by yelling "almost there" or "no more hills" or "you're looking good," all of which are usually outright lies!

But someone did switch seasons on me while I was away for two weeks. A real autumn day in the low 50s, windy, and gray clouds scudding across the sky. I went out thinking I might be overdressed based on my last few runs but ended up glad I had long sleeves and light gloves on. Considering the 2-plus week layoff, I felt really good and ran 4 miles at just over a 10-minute pace. I'm also not quite over the aftereffects of the cold I caught overseas, but it didn't seem to affect me all that much.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Internet browsing day, I guess.  Neat story about a Nepalese woman ultra runner.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/10/meet_mira_rai_nepal_s_first_female_sports_star.html

Interesting weather coming apparenty--first frost this weekend and snow showers predicted Sunday night into Monday.  (I know, Erika, big whoop, right?)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Someone could also do a cartoon about those people that are "encouraging" you by yelling "almost there" or "no more hills" or "you're looking good," all of which are usually outright lies!

4 slow and gentle miles for me today in 54 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

deez, healing vibes to you.  Mike, nice long run, including speedwork.  moebo, I like the fall foliage pictures.  We are leaving early tomorrow for a few days in the Keweenaw Peninsula (for you non Michigan people, it's a peninsula going north into Lake Superior from the upper peninsula of Michigan) and we hope to see fall colors.

This morning, it was in the high 40s and there was a decent wind.  I picked a route that had the wind primarily from the side but had to accept a couple of semi serious hills.  I got in 5 miles at an 11:09 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

We are leaving early tomorrow for a few days in the Keweenaw Peninsula (for you non Michigan people, it's a peninsula going north into Lake Superior from the upper peninsula of Michigan) and we hope to see fall colors.

Tom, the color you're most likely to see in those parts is white, as in snow! Have a great time in any case. Which towns will you be visiting -- Houghton, Calumet, Copper Harbor?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

...storm knocked out internet all morning

============

......50-min PoolRun nb, deo

before it crashes again

.........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

No run here, but can definitely chime in on the beautiful weather talk

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

the "looking good" one never works since I know I look even worse than I feel but I always

fall for the "almost there's," etc. when the finish line is really still a long ways, often miles, away.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, that big red bar is finally off my running log, so my 20 milers look like real runs again!!!  No more Big Red Bar blues!    Four easy miles this afternoon, since this is my final taper week before ANOTHER big red bar appears on my log on Saturday!   Have I ever mentioned how much I hate taper?  It's beautiful out, and I just want to run!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Another report of a gorgeous day here. I did go for a 4 miler at predawn. Beautiful stars

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard