Masters Running

Friday, 6.12.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Happy Anniversary (a day late) to "having fun with hygrometers" Dave & Cindy!

Thanks for the Potter Stewart reference, Aamos. I still have my copy of Ferlinghetti's "A Coney Island of the Mind" from when I was in college too many decades ago. My favorites, because of the titles, as well as for other reasons are: "Johnny Nolan Has A Patch On His Ass" and "I'm Waiting For A Rebirth Of Wonder." I'm going to pull that book out again this weekend, and revisit an old friend.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) meeting up with Marj and Henry and son at tomorrow's Market Square Day 10K in Portsmouth, NH. It is looking like the rain will clear out before race time, and temps will be climbing through the upper 60s. Marj & Henry, I'll be at the Seacoast Road Race Series table near packet pick-up before the race, and at the Seacoast Series tent on Congress St (next to Runner's Alley) between 11:30 and 2.

3.4 RW miles this morning in temps in the high 60s, but with tolerable moisture levels. I took it easy, but for the last .4, which was at a 10:20 pace.

Good luck, fast feet, and big smiles to all of this weekend's racers:

06/13 ibleedunionblue - Hatfield McCoy Marathon - KY

06/13 Coastwalker - Market Square Day 10K, Portsmouth, NH (RW Div.)

06/13 henrun - Market Square Day, 10K, Portsmouth, NH

06/13 Marj - Market Square Day, 10K, Portsmouth, NH

06/13 tetsujin - Snoqualmie Valley Half Marathon (WA) - thongs

06/14 wildchild - South Park Trail Marathon, Fairplay, CO

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Morning Jay - thanks for the start.  We'll look for you tomorrow.

Out for sticky 3+ miles this morning, sighting baby goslings and turkeys - very cute and very much pests.

good luck to all racers this w/e!

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Have fun tomorrow, guys.

3.8 miles this morning with 4 fartleks thrown in.  they were probably only about 100 yards a piece, but the way my legs were quivering at the end of the run proved how long it's been and how much more I need to do these.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good morning'

Yes, good luck and have fun, all you racing fools (wish I was amongst you)!  10Ks are fun.

Jay, keep an eye out, as I understand LF may be releasing some publications later this year.

Sorry, as I am guilty of the complained about sports behavior, but just consider the Red Sox "All My Children," as I ain't got none o' my own to post about.   [and any cracks wise as to how they're old enough to be grandchillun will be summarily dealt a fierce and withering verbal blow.]

Hats off, Stumps, (and Holly, as you run fartleks too) b/c I never follow through on those.  I think: 'OK, I'll run run run real fast to the lamppost up there' and then when I get near, I slow.  Then I do it about once or twice more and then I get distracted and just forget.....o, look at those birds....that dog is really cute.......hmmm, haven't seen that guy out running before........

Can I say that while my 6 mile run was much more of a jog this am, got two more really good mangoes, well, ok, so one is a little mushy from where it hit the ground, but the rest of it is prime; one of the kinds that turn rosy.

May the weekend be wonderful for each of you .

grins, A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Aamos, pay no attention to that grouch wildchild.  We will not be bullied!

Now here are the scores from last nights NBA finals game....

4 miles at the park with the Saint this morning.  Thought it would be an easy run but felt more like day 2 of a recovery run; just one of those things.  (A trip to the moon on gossamer wings...just one of those bells that now and then rings...)

Spareribs

Dave59

Gym day for me. Warm-up on the ARC trainer and then some weights. We finally got some rain here today and it was welcome. Down in Roch's country or up in SteveP's country they have been getting some rain, but we haven't been here in the great unwashed Mid-Michigan.

Hey Wild, who are you cheering for in the NHL Stanley Cup?  Do you think Bishop will be back in goal by the next game?

Tour de France starts on July 4th.

US Open (PGA) is next week. How about Tiger Woods shooting an 85 last week?  His worst score ever I believe.

Tramps

For all you pi fans.

You know who you are.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Friday I was up and out early with DS to WSU orientation day.  Good stuff was learned by both of us, and he got his fall class schedule in place.  Plus it was just fun to spend a day with my boy.  Have I mentioned what a great kid young man he is?

30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Friday I was up and out early with DS to WSU orientation day.  Good stuff was learned by both of us, and he got his fall class schedule in place.  Plus it was just fun to spend a day with my boy.  Have I mentioned what a great kid young man he is?

Great post!