Masters Running

Sat 2-9 Boom / Masters (Read 384 times)

Afternoon all, I had a great race this morning. A local 5 mile run put on by the Edmond Running Club. The Frigid Five-Miler, the weather conditions were perfect (45 and no wind), so a bit of a misnomer this year. It was a fun course with rolling hills. Previous PR at 5 miles 40:40, new PR at 5 miles 38:16 (Garmin time, official results not posted yet). Paul
    Congrats Paul on your new PR! Ran 20 miles. Nice warm day in L.A. (72 deg F). Drank a LOT! Taper now Big grin.
      Some great runs today and race PR's! I had a crappy 4.8 mlie run, 10:51 pace. Felt really sluggish. Good news is the shin never spoke and the calf only peeped once or twice. And, I was outside in really mild weather, about 45 F if not warmer (it's in the 50's now!), very windy and humid but it didn't rain. I got kinda sweaty which felt nice. I had the good fortune of running down hill when facing the wind and uphill with the wind at my back. Made the mile splits pretty even. Then 30 min on the bike. Then I went to a "recliner" store, because we need a new armchair. I found the biggest, fluffiest, softest chair ever built and sank into it. It almost swallowed me up. I would have stayed longer but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get out of it again. Came home and told DH we have to buy it. Now I'm completely wiped out. Zzzzzz

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Nice runs to all Masters! Paul....nice work...congrats on the PR. It was (is) a beautiful day, wasn't it. An easy paced 6 miler for me @10:41 pace. Temp. this afternoon was 67F...back in shorts and t-shirt. Wind was calm. Just an all around good day. The shin was a bit tender in the beginning, then it eased off and I ended the run feeling really good. Long run tomorrow will test it. I'll be holding down the pace quite abit.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        anachrotech

... Then I went to a "recliner" store, because we need a new armchair. I found the biggest, fluffiest, softest chair ever built and sank into it. It almost swallowed me up. I would have stayed longer but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get out of it again. Came home and told DH we have to buy it. ...
          What recliner is it? I used to have one that if you even thought about sitting in it, you fell asleep. Big grin I've been looking for another.

Head Procrastinator

Hi everyone, Holly said she missed me so I thought I miss some of y'all too and better post. Hard keeping up with two daily's but I do skim here. I have that recliner Enk.....instant insomnia cure. Nice 12 TomS Did TomD get lost in transition? As Boston gets closer I hope both sites can meet in one central place to discuss plans. 4 mile Snowflake run for me, better then last year. Great weather and the rain held off till right when I finished. Nice red LS T this year. Ciao for now Barb
            ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

GreenMan

Hey Runners Camped out Fri night, ran some beautiful trail back to town this AM. Could it get any better? Big grin JJJ
              Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
              evanflein

2:25 pm, -12F ( Big grin ), brilliant sunshine and clear skies. Absolutely gorgeous day, even with the wind at the top of the hill. 8.27 miles of hills... did a Holly run and repeated my hilly 5k round trip run two and a half times. Did the big "bump" as I call it three times. My legs were like jello when I was done. Moose crossed the road a few feet ahead of me on my last lap just before I went up the bump the last time. That was good timing! Mary, I hate it when cars do that. I run along the side of the road a lot because the footing on the bike path can be just too hard. I'll run in the road till a car comes then move way over to the shoulder, usually in the deeper snow. Even if nobody else is on the road, the drivers sometimes just skim right past me, like they don't even see me. I wonder if they're doing it on purpose, or if they're just in sort of a trance...? Very strange, and disconcerting. Nice race, Paul! Congrats on the PR. Sounds like IRC, too. BTY, now you're new avatar shows up. Very cool photo. Enke, we need new chairs. I have an old LaZboy that we've had for almost 18 years and it's shot. But still very comfy. But it sure looks like hell. Helps give our house that "modern junkyard" decor look. Long run tomorrow... Hope it's nice like today! After over a week of waking up to -45 and colder, today was really a treat.
                TammyinGP

Wow Erika - you are about 30 degrees warmer today. That must have felt like a heat wave! Nice run TomS - I also had a similar run on schedule today, but stretched it out to 12.5. I was a bit slower than you too. It took me about 4 miles to really hit a groove. I averaged out a bit over a 10 min mile today, but I got to enjoy my run outdoors with much of my run in the sun. it must have been close to 50 today (but don't tell Erika).

Tammy

WooHoo!!! Nice PR Paul I really miss Hermosaboy...incredible athlete!!! 9 miles with my friend Julie...9:30 pace
                    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dromy-chan, sugoi yo! you are so ready for the LA. Now go taper a little while, maybe some with ilene while her shoulder's healing. evan - there's no excuse for vehicles skimming by especially when you're off in the unnpacked (or snow-plowed up) snow. Maybe get their license #'s in case they do it again. (also fun trying to remember 'em on the way home). Smile It was plus here today what it was minus in FBKS two days ago (i.e. 96 degrees warmer) so I ran around the 3.2 mile outer loop trail around Green Lake letting my bare feet out for the first time since the 1/1 Resolution Run also of 3.2 miles. To my surprise, parkland lawns and grass strips between the trail and adjacent roads made for a delightful run, even having to laugh out loud at the ticklish feeling on some of the squishier sections.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BTY

The Frigid Five-Miler ..... Previous PR at 5 miles 40:40, new PR at 5 miles 38:16.... Paul
                        I'll second (4th) that! What a great PR !!