Masters Running

Wednesday November 16th - runs and what not (Read 250 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good morning all,

Another fly-by post.

No running today - just tae kwon do last night (learned the jump kick), fizzy lifting, stepperfication, and spinnerooni this morning, topped off by some cleansing breathing in the sauna.  Ready to OJ diem - "squeeze the day".

OJ Diem?  Okay ... Smile

9 easy paced miles this morning with 2 miles near the end peppered with a bunch of varying length striders.  I need to strengthen my right hamstring which has nuthin' right now.  I can barely lift it enough to jump onto a curb. So the striders are just to get stronger and run a little faster from time to time with low risk of re-injury.

My Choir and Praise Team is right in the middle of our Christmas rehearsals and performances.  Non-stop and increasing.  It feels a bit like Marathon training for the vocal chords!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

My Choir and Praise Team is right in the middle of our Christmas rehearsals and performances.  Non-stop and increasing.  It feels a bit like Marathon training for the vocal chords!

Bill

...same here,

it's amazing how much time gets put in for a 30-40 minute Christmas Performance

even the

Bad Ones.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Bill, I don't miss those marathon rehearsals but I do miss being part of a praise band. I literally have not played my guitar in nearly 3 years.

My DD#2 dug it out this weekend and asked If I would teach her. She's picking it up fast. I stopped last night and picked up a beginner book for her. I imagine she'll be thru that in a few weeks.

Looks like it'll be a non running day for me. Early to work for some training. Busy night after work.

Marathon Maniac #957

I see you over here, starting a dual universe again....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."