Masters Running

not so weekly, weekly newbies 4/14 (Read 383 times)

Rindaroo

Laurie - yes that's 10 run/ 2 walk.. really first we walked 20 minutes, then I did this 10R/2W/10R/2W, then 5 minutes walk to the car.. guess that would be more clear huh?
    Rindaroo

Okay I'm back. I took DS with me again - a glutton for punishment I am... but he needs to get out & exercise. So we went to the bikepath (hilly part) and this time I let him take his bike. He was instructed to stop at a certain point & head back towards me... I did 10 minute walking warmup, then 10R/2W/5R (& then I was to the meeting point and no sign of him... grrrrrrrrrrrrr) spent another 5 minutes or so & looking for him, the good listener that he is kept going after the meeting place Sad then I sent him back towards the car, walked 5 warmup then 5R/2W/5R/3W/2R - 5 walk cooldown to the car. I'm pretty happy with that effort, but not so happy with DS....
        Hi, guys. I've been a bit of a slacker in terms of checking in here. Busy week with all of the Boston excitement and RRs to read, along with concert and trip craziness at school. Mike - any news on the job and move? Glad that you're running (and posting!) again. Kevin - hope the plan to start running again soon works out for you; I'll be putting in some time on the bike in about a month or so. I'm trying to figure out how to save some gas by riding it more at the shore. It's several miles from our house on the mainland to the island, so I'm thinking I may take the bike over on the car, park at a central location, and use the bike to tool around town during the day. I think riding over, kayaking, and counting on having the energy to ride back is a bit over-zealous. Deb - did I read correctly that you're running again? Hope it's going well for you. Laurie - you so don't want to get me started on the lack of discipline in public schools! Shocked If I could only change ONE THING about my job, that would be it. Our principal had a meeting with the 8th graders a week or so ago to give the spring version of the "don't be an idiot" speech. The kids know so well that rules won't be enforced that the good kids - the ones who want the troublemakers to be stopped - were saying "he talked tough, but he won't do anything" in their very next class after the meeting. I'm facing taking kids to an adjudication (where, of course, I'm expected to help them get the highest possible scores) and I'm being forced to take a bunch of kids who haven't even been to a rehearsal since January. Craziness like this makes running all the more sweet. Rinda - sounds like you're making progress. Sorry about DS's aversion to listening/following directions. I forget how old he is, but if he's in middle school, it's an issue you're probably going to have to deal with for a while yet. Resting today. In fact, it's nap time in a few minutes. Will do some strength/stretching stuff later, right before the Sunday evening get-ready-for-the-week routine begins. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com