Masters Running

Last Day in November Daily; 11.30.14 (Read 38 times)

Good evening everyone.  I have been lurking and enjoying the photos and holiday gatherings.  MrStarr made turkey, dressing, potatoes and French Silk pie.  I am still stuffed.  Lots of good races, and especially Jay, you are awesome in my book.  Ribs, hope the slowing down has nothing to do with the heart.  Tell The Saint that I have knit 3 hats since being laid up with this foot surgery on Wednesday.

Erica, from my PC I can right-click the photo from FB to get to the properties, then copy the location to post a picture here. This is my mom circa 1955

And me wearing the same dress to the orchestra concert 11-25-14

That's it for now, gotta go finish that hat! Will drop them off for the Christmas Basket donation next week.  I go back to the doctor on Thursday, so will stop over then.  I hope I am walking without a limp and without this boot after the appointment.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Starrunner, thanks for sharing the pictures, both your mama and you are gorgeous girls! Your mama was gorgeous as you are.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jlynne - congrats - we got outplayed!

Jlynne -  Not many teams can beat those packers. Smile

except for the Roger Staubach years, the Packers have been my America's team ever since the first Superbowl and Vince Lombardi. Were you there when he was?

starr - beautiful and more beautiful.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

starr - beautiful and more beautiful.

+1

Tet - that quote came from the race director of the Palo Duro 50, Red Spicer.  http://www.ultrarunning.com/ultra/features/news/palo-duros-red-spicer-is-.shtml

12 miles for me in 56 degrees on Sunday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Tet - that quote came from the race director of the Palo Duro 50, Red Spicer.  http://www.ultrarunning.com/ultra/features/news/palo-duros-red-spicer-is-.shtml

quite the obituary!  he's also responsible for wild child's quote "hammered down the trail..."  I had never heard of him.

Hi all!!  Still not much in the way of running or working out for me since the marathon --- been a long time since I took a much needed break!

I did manage 3.2 easy miles on the treadmill Sat followed by upper body weights and core.  Then yesterday halfway thru the day at work I started feeling flu-ish --- all over body aches, chills and just miserable - no fever.   I went home and slept about 3 hours in the afternoon then over 9 hours at night and feel fine today!!  Still didn't go to work as I had already called out when I was miserable last night and didn't run even tho it was in the high 50's here -- figured my body needed another rest day!!

Starr - you look beautiful!!  I tried to right click a pic on FB but when I try to paste it here it doesn't go through.  Wish it was that simple for me.

Aamos -- any word yet?

Erika - glad you had a wonderful time in Hawaii!

denise