Masters Running

Easter Sunday Boomer/Masters Runs (Read 510 times)

Happy Easter everyone. If you are so inclined, remember what the holiday is all about. Today was a good one. The schedule called for 16 miles with last 6 at MP. I ran the 1st 10 really easy at nearly recovery pace. The average HR during this stretch was only 127! Then the MP miles started. I ran the last 6 miles at: 8:28 8:25 8:26 8:31 8:24 8:23 I can't say they were easy but they weren't hard either. Average HR during the MP was about 154 or so. 16.25 miles in 2:32 overall for a 9:21 min/mile pace (MP + 10%). Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SteveP

Smokin' Bill!!!! On Easter AM, I drop treats off to kids in the neighborhood. The parents know who the Easter Bunny is. Most often the kids don't. Last year in church, a little kid told me that "The Easter Bunny left eggs and candy at our house and some of it was Care Bears and some of it was Batman". Our fartherst neighbor was 12.8 miles away today. Almost got caught this year. I park down the road and sneak up to the houses...That's goota be good for at least a mile.

SteveP

Manchild

Good Morning and Happy Easter! I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Easter as I plan to run later. We're serving up brunch at 11 for some friends. Bill, nice LR. You are in incredible shape, my friend! Steve P, so nice of you to serve up treats for the neighborhood's kids! You are quite a guy! One of the women coming to the brunch, I saw yesterday, she's an incredible runner, 5'2", 90 lbs and has run many Ms(is running Boston), Anyway, I proudly told her I had run 14 in the am and she said that two of our friends and she had gone up to Gay Head and run 21 miles, three 7.2 mile loops around the cliffs and lighthouse! Wow. Have a Great Easter Sunday! What Bill said. Chris
          Happy Easter everyone. If you are so inclined, remember what the holiday is all about.
          I'm inclined.....thanks Bill. Good run by the way.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Happy Easter to those who celebrate! Unexpected bench day with ice on the top of my thigh...on my left side, little tweak. Felt it yesterday while running, iced it, thought I'd see how it goes. Well, woke up all excited: no sensation...until I started down the stairs. I honestly can't tell you if it is ligament or muscle, but regardless, I iced good, changed up my Easter outfit to make sure I'm in flats, ditched my 6 miler for today. Later I have to dig out my Trigger Point Massage therapy workbook, as of course, it's already packed up for our move in a month or two. One week to go 'till race day --- ah the mind games begin with me. Smile If there was no race next weekend, I know I'd have gone out and ran on it. btb, hope you are feeling better today!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

Happy Day to all---- enjoy the family, friends and great food. I got up early to prepare breakfast for the butterfly family. Then I sneaked out for a lovely 4 hilly miles (647 ft elevation gain) in the dark. After breakfast we will go to worship and then come back home to start cooking for the crowd this afternoon. It should be a lot of fun. Yeap, breger is cooking...he is so ripe for his marathon. Steve, you are so sweet and so thoughtful to be delivering Easter candy to those kids. And thanks for sharing your cutie's picture with us yesterday. Blessings to all, Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Just wanted to say HOPPY EASTER!! DH made breakfast for the family along with my Great Neice, and Great Nephew (2 & 4) then a little easter egg hunt. My mom asked me to take her to church today - so that is next on the agenda and then out for a burn off the breakfast run. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Greetings! This weekend’s 20 miler was a bit different and perhaps my most favorite. I met up with a small group of runners who gather on Mt. Tom to run long after Easter sunrise service. One of the runners is a minister and she led us in a very moving service. She turned to greet the sun as it peeped up over the horizon and even though we were huddled together in the 20F temperatures, the sun and fellowship felt quite warm. Her announcement of “He is Risen” is the signal to get ready for the run….and run we did. I have a complicated relationship with religion and today’s gathering seemed to fit just right. 20.3 miles today in 3:04 at 6:10 AM---not a cloud in the sky and climbing temps---20F at the start and 28F at the finish. Legs are tired, but feel strong too. Tomorrow is a rest day after several consecutive running days and I am thrilled. I am also off to Florida for work for two days and then up in NH on Wednesday and then home. The travel swirl is intense now and eases up in time for Boston. Phew! Off to the showers and then to fetch granny for a day at our house. Good days, runs and rest to all CNYrunner

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Easter! We started the morning with excited examination of Easter baskets and then an Easter Egg Hunt in the house. Some of the eggs held candy and some held clues that led to other hidden eggs that held half-dollars. I’ll miss this when they grow up. 8.25 recovery-paced miles today in 23 degrees (ave pace 10:40). Heading out now to the family celebration at my dad’s. Have a wonderful day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Easter to all the good people in Boomer land. Sunrise services were beautiful this morning, though still unseasonably cold. My job for this morning is to start prepping for tonight's dinner for 10 and hopefully get a run in before company arrives. Bill - you seem both physically and mentally prepared for Boston. Great run this morning - you were firing on all cylinders! Steve, I wish we had a bunny in our neighborhood (besides the ones that eat my flowers)! Your kindness may go unnoticed, but I'm sure it's much appreciated by all the kids. Nonoruns, take care of yourself today. Hope the ice helps that sore thigh muscle. CNY Runner - sounds like a wonderful way to start Easter morning. Your run had to be a good one when you're companions include a minister! I think they get added speed from "the big guy." Nice runs Holly, Nancy and Chris. With those out of the way, you can have extra jellybeans or chocolate eggs today! This past week has been difficult for me due to some family issues. But my problems are small compared to other people's and as I celebrate Easter Sunday, I remember that I'm blessed to be healthy and have family and friends who offer love with no strings attached. Good Sunday runs, everyone! Jeanne

Hill Runner

Happy Easter everyone, Thanks for starting us off Bill. I wish that I could share the beautiful weather here with everyone....perfect Easter morning - sunny blue skies & 46F. 6.01 miles of hills @ 8:47 pace. I shortened my run this morning but picked up the pace. Good running to eveyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Easter Blessings Everybody.. 7 loops around my housing development for 8.7 miles. 1st 5 with DW, her first run after 4 days of shin pain, apparently all is now well. Smile Beautiful crisp & clear morning 19F with no wind. Bill good run, it looks like my numbers for a 10k race. Roll eyes Easter Bunny & Batman sounds like a winning combination. Go Steve, that's very nice. Cool Chris tell that 90 pounder that your run would have been 27 miles if you only had to carry 90 lbs. Wink Get Well BTB and nono CNY that was a great morning run and very unique, I wish I could have found one of those. Back to my fresh made breakfast pizza & coffee Big grin Have a Blessed Day...

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

The Jogger

Afternoon Gang My monitor has packed up so I'm attempting to use MrsRoy's laptop. My monitor won't go on an I get a message 'in power save mode, press any key to continue' anyone any ideas before I go out and buy another monitor, I've turned it off and on again. Some nice runs today, Bill, great pace and HR, Steve you have a heart of gold, Nono wise move taking it easy. Hope btb is ok. Anyway: I did a 16 miler myself today, in all the elements, sleet, rain, wind and sunshine.....my feet were sore at the end but as this is only the second time I've covered this distance, I'm not surprised. Anyway: 16m 02:54:46 10:55 pace AHR 150 70% WHR ( felt harder than that though) Goo Runs All & Happy Easter PS: Jeanne, hope things sort out for you, I'm having teenage daughter father putting foot down problems myself Confused
                              As promised, I added a little bit of speed today in the form of a 12 mile progression run. It went like this: Miles 1-3: 10:12 (MP + 8.9%) Miles 4-6: 9:41 (MP + 3.4%) Miles 7-9: 9:09 (MP - 2/3%) Miles 10-12: 8:32 (MP - 8.9%) Overall: 9:24 (MP+0.4%) We very briefly met dawndaughter2's young man last night. They've been on four "dates" now and talk daily online. He seems like a very nice person - volunteers as a youth hockey coach, Eagle Scout, very respectful to DD2... I hope it works out for them. Some nice runs out there today. We're not so inclined, but best wishes to our friends today who are. Enjoy the day with your families. Jeanne - I hope you get through this difficult period quickly. I am very sure that your positive outlook will help. Steve - you're sweet! We're off to Men's Wearhouse to buy dear-old-dad a new suit today. His was lost in a dry-cleaning mixup last fall and wants to have one for the fancy dinner at our upcoming family reunion in October. We had dinner with him last night and he proudly announced that he'd set a new distance record for walking with his walker. His 100 yards out of the wheelchair is just as big an accomplishment for him as some of our distance runs are for us, and his ability to keep working at fitness in spite of advanced Parkinson's amazes me.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Sounds like evryone is enjoying the day! Nice 21 hilly miles in 3:03 (8:45 pace, AHR 150) Tory ran with me for the first 8 mi. The last 7 were uphill with the steepest climb into the north wind. Temps 37-50 during the run. Now for some food!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova