Masters Running

It is Friday!!! we survived the week!!!!!! (Read 408 times)

Mariposai

What a fun week this has been. It is now time to either rest up a bit to get ready for the LRs this weekend; to race; or to taper. As for me...I am going to bed now...and then decide how far or how long I want to run. Cool. I love three day weekends. Clowning around

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I wish it was a three-day weekend here, but the kids have their vacation day ON Veteran's Day, Tuesday. Trying to get up the energy to run this morning. I'll try coffee and see if that jumpstarts me!
        Enjoy your weekend, butterfly lady! 5.0 miles for me at nice and easy 10:20 pace. Though, come to think about it, it didn't feel all that easy. One of those days, I guess. Have a great Friday, everyone.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Good morning, everyone! We don't get too many three day weekends, but get the week off between Christmas and New Years. Since New Years falls on a Thursday this year, Friday Jan 2 is a work day. Grumble, grumble. We'll take it off as PTO -- I think everyone will. Friday is recovery day for me: 3.2 miles, 29:07, 9:13/mi, AHR 130 Good runs all, and have a great weekend! Amy, please pass on our best wishes to your DH.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Head Procrastinator

I want to pass on my good wishes to Amy's DH as well. You will both be in my good thoughts today. Barb
            ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

It has been a fun week. 3 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 34:03 (11:20 pace, AHR 138).. firt run since marathon. Nothing sore.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Happy TGIF Everyone Smile Three day weekend Mariposai....must be nice. Hope you LR is good what ever distance you decide on...and thanks for the hugs for us who are recovering Wink Teresa, thanks for the help with my questions about pool running...I don't know if my mind could tolerate that, but will try next week. predawnrunner , way to get it done regardless....some of us would love even a carpy run right now Tongue Sweet recovery run there Lou...I can't believe it's almost the Christmas Holiday Season already (actually, it's here)...where did this year go, geez Confused Hi Barb Smile, nice to see you posting this morning! Nice to see you are recovering Steve - I still don't understand the excessive sore quads either after our races. Well, off to the foot Doc pretty soon to finally find out what is wrong with my stoopid foot. I almost don't want to go because I am afraid of what the Doc will find...but necessary if I want to run again soon...and get the nagging wimmin here OFF my back Big grin - And I will report in as soon as I find out, and get my Popsicle from Erika Smile Just logged my 0 miles non running into my running log...all those 0's are looking impressive. And I am still ahead of Twocat by one day. Heck, this non running is sooo easy, even a caveman could do it...and tet brags and debates whether me and Twokitty can do this...he really doesn't know who he is messing with and challenging Roll eyes I imagine Tammy right now is off looking for a different group, that don't even exsist... that was so cute and funny yesterday Wink Well, hope everyone has a wonderful day, Still limping around Tim...hard to believe it's already been a week since my almost Marathon. After thinking about it and how my foot felt even walking up to the start line, I am surprised I even made it 16 miles, but oh well....wait till next time Evil grin

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Haven't been able to keep up here -- this vacation stuff is killing me! Did get 3 mi in this morning -- left side achy...now I know which leg must be my wooden leg. Roll eyes Kids have been awesome and our masters friends have been running us ragged! It's a nice problem to have. We catch the Auto Train back tomorrow -- looking forward to reading last week's RRs and also the week of dailies.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Started off today feeling tired and weak. Almost bagged it. (I hope I'm not getting sick.) But anyway, 3 easy 9 minute miles and I felt better afterward. Just wanted to loosen up the legs with an HM (pending no stoopid possible sickness) on Sunday. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

My thoughts are with Amy and her DH, hoping all goes smoothly today. Mental note to self: add GRG to list of obscure running acronyms. Smile 5.2 easy miles @ 8:22. Bright sunshine on peaking foliage made it look almost fluorescent this morning. That cold front is still northwest of us so it was another warm and very humid morning. Have a good weekend; good luck racers!

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

good morning Smile Perch that's good news. Nono.. i was wondering about you this morning. glad you're having fun. Hi HallyBarb! hope you aren't sick Bill. how's your DW? Tramps, that sounds like the morning here yesterday. Beautiful. You described it better than I could. I really got on here to send best wishes with the rest of you to Amy & Daniel. {{{{ }}}} otherwise, I took the morning off, thought it would be smarter to have a longer rest & go the gym tonight. Haven't decided what I'll do there.. but I'll have enough time to use the whirlpool when I'm done. And since I cleaned house this morning, I can stay melted once I get home & enjoy it this time. Sadie got a workout -- vacuuming makes her find a toy & run around like crazy with it. the other options are eat & drink all her food & water.. or, chase the cat. The toy won this morning.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!! Good luck at the doctor today Tim .... what time was your appointment again?? We will be awaiting your report ... or else!! Out for a lovely 7 miles this morning. I have the day off to help my daughter move out of the house (boo hoo) so I left as the sun was rising. 50 degrees, light wind, wet leaves and a nice steady 10:39 pace. My legs are starting to get back to normal I think. Now off to get that brat out of here so that DH and I can finally have the house to ourselves. Undecided Happy Friday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Tim, good work on the NON running. LOL, I know you well enough by now to realize that's not easy for you! I'm glad you're being smart.
                              I wanted to get on to wish Amy & Daniel the very best as well, we'll be thinking of you both. Let us know how everything turns out. Bill: I hope your DW is feeling better and I hope your not getting sick. Tim: let us know what the doctor says about your foot, I'll be thinking of you as well. Teresa: I'm with you, I would much rather have a three day weekend instead of coming to work on Monday and then having Tuesday off...oh well. Well I've got another easy 5 scheduled for this afternoon after work, I only hope it's not raining although with the temps in the upper 50's it really hasn't been too bad...just wet.
                                Same weather as yesterday,but thanks to Wildchild's shot I thought I would go running today... My running partner didn't have his mojo today(probably because of the intervals on Wednesday)so we just did an easy 4 miles around town...that leaves me a lot of miles to do this weekend...
                                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip