Masters Running

Best Race Times in 2008 (Read 3053 times)

#artbydmcbride

You fast guys!! Roll eyes Roll eyes You're hot! Big grin

Runners run

Ilene, Are you open to new distances? I know Jim24315 just ran a blistering 12K. I ran the scenic route (1:12:54) in the same race.
        Ilene, Are you open to new distances? I know Jim24315 just ran a blistering 12K. I ran the scenic route (1:12:54) in the same race.
        Thanks for the mention, Fortunate One, but I'm in favor of limiting the list to the more commonly run distances. If more people report 12k results then I will acccept. Otherwise I think we should leave it as is; there are more than enough categories already. A raceaholic like like me will get plenty of chances at available categories I haven't run yet. Thanks again, and have a great season. Good luck at Boston!
        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

#artbydmcbride

But how can I resist a request from Fortunate One?? Wink

Runners run

jules2

I'm not happy with it but male 55 - 59 half marathon Hague 15 March 2008 1.41.21

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Ultrachick

I'm sure it will be beat but I ran the New Bedford Half Marathon in 1:52:22 F 40-44 on March 16. Kelly
              If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                30K in 2:13:41. What no 30K group! The nerve of some thread keepers! Grumble, grumble, grumble . . . Clowning around

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi Ilene; I lowered my 10k PR by another 10 seconds yesterday by running a 39:22. I'll never say another word to you about racing too much Big grin
                  Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear ielen - better hurry up and get this in before jim starts doin' the ultras too. Smile 50K: M60 - 64 .. 7:12:15 ..... tetsujin have fun in Boston. thank you

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hey there Ilene, I haven't done much posting of late...busy, sick, family, work blah blah blah you get the picture. Anyways here's what I've done this year if you would like to add some or all that is fine: Male 50 - 54 AG 1/27/08 - 16 miles - 2:06:08 2/3/08 - 10 miles - 1:09:46 2/10/08 - Half Marathon - 1:34:43 3/16/08 - 5K - 20:39 - (still sick really shouldn't have run) 3/30/08 - 20 miles - 2:29:03 I'm coming along and so is Boston! I'm looking forward to getting past Boston so I can conentrate on a little speed work - I have races every weekend in May - 5K,5K,15K, 5 Miler. Edited as I forgot to add my half marathon from February.
                        LOL Ileneforward I did not really think you would put up a 30K list! Heck I may end up with the one and only entry on it! Smile Very nice of you to add it though. Now I wonder, during the summer we have a weekly race around here at some oddball distance or another. This may be my big chance to dominate the lists at 3.8, 4.1 and 8.4 miles among others. I bet that even if I walk those races I finish the year #1 in my age group on RA! Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

#artbydmcbride

Okay, now you are pushing your luck!! Wink I even drew the line at mainerunnah and his 16 mile race! Roll eyes

Runners run

huskydon

llene, I better claim my moment of fame before mainerunnah runs a 10K. My recent 10K of 48:43 eclipses the current mark by a big 10 seconds. huskydon
                              Okay, now you are pushing your luck!! Wink I even drew the line at mainerunnah and his 16 mile race! Roll eyes
                              Darn Ilene & that was the toughest of races too...4 inches of snow on the ground and it snowed the whole time, we pretty much had to race in single file the whole way during that one (Boston Prep 16 Miler in Derry NH). Thanks anyways! Big grin
                                llene, I better claim my moment of fame before mainerunnah runs a 10K. My recent 10K of 48:43 eclipses the current mark by a big 10 seconds. huskydon
                                Husky, you'll get to enjoy that one for awhile unless someone else takes it from you! I won't be running a 10K until July 4th at LL Bean and then August 2nd. And I am sure that there will probably some other much more speedy 50+ runner out there that will snatch a few of those times of mine away! Enjoy it while you have it though right! Wink