Masters Running

Saturday January 21 Mid-Winter Runs (Read 388 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

A light coating of ice was on everything this morning, so I wimped out opted for the safety of the TM instead.

7 easy-paced miles on the TM watching Law Abiding Citizen.

Off to the store and then DD's basketball game.  DH has been sick the last few days and will likely stay home in bed or on the sofa.  Seems like a minor cold, by the looks of it, but it sure seems to have sucked the energy out of him.  Guess we're just getting older....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good Morning Holly and all to follow

90 minutes of steady running for me in the park with Iron J---Yak Traks were great in the steadily falling snow. We yakked while running too, so all good.

Off to the kiddo's hockey game soon and then some snow romping with Hudson later (he's no longer that chubby ball of fur, but plays like a happy puppy all the same).

Hello cute Sebastin!

Hope the DH feels better soon Holly and good luck to your DD.

http://www.crashthesuperbowl.com/

Which one is your favorite?!

King of PhotoShop

Hello you two!  So you think you're getting old Holly?  Let me fax you my birth certificate!

4.5 with my running partner this morning. I think I'll race a 15K tomorrow just for the training, as I am not rested enough to race it all out.  Should be great weather.  Spareribs

...just stopping in to send GoodVibes to{{{{{{{ pbj }}}}}........

and

two words>>>>POOLRUNNING

the

Sensible Alternative

when 75% of you is working ok

========

24min poolrun

.......75% of me liked it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning! I wnt to bed with a scratchy throat and now have a head cold, but that didn't stop me from going out for my scheduled 9 this morning. 17 degrees with a light wnd and 3" of fresh snow. Not the best run, and probably should have shortened it, but got it done. Now I am trying to get myself to like oatmeal. I made it through half of it. {{{PBJ}}} Sebastian is adorable and reminds me of our beloved Ben, a husky mix with the same markings. Thanks for the video yesterday Karin. He sure was a cute puppy!! Happy Saturday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

anachrotech

Been mostly lurking for a long time.

New Years resolution to get my can back in shape. (harder to do the older I get).  Completely starting all over again as 'running'  0 to 6 miles a month doesn't seem to keep you in condition.  Gee, who knew? Joking  18 miles so far this January of run/walk.  I did note that the cardio comes back faster than the physical stuff - muscles, joints and whatnot.

2 miles run/walk in 25:16.

Mariposai

good to see you back anachrotech, slow start is the best way to re-start!

Holly, enjoy your DD's game. I sure miss those days when I had to rush from soccer game, to tennis match, to swim team, etc.

Ribs, did I miss your blog this week? I don't seem to remember seeing it here. BTW, how many girls are in your Boston harem now? Smile

{{{mary}}} feel better. 

I can't wait to see how Erika does with her test run today.

Hi tamster!

fatossig, great news about the extra work. God is a provider!!!

Oh boy, ohh boy, do we got snow or what? over night we got around 4 inches, that is on top of the 3 we got during the day, on top of.....you have the picture. We got so much snow in the last four days that our local ski hill is opening this weekend.

I made myself wait until 5am to go for a run today. I really wanted to run on the powder before the snowplow ruins my playground (which btw, one is plowing my hill as I am typing this). Anyway, I was able to fit in 18 miles on fresh snow, that was actually very, very hard!

After running for 2 miles I came home to change clothes since I was dripping wet from inside out. Stripped of the wet clothes, added the wet ingredients to the twocat soda bread and a cranberry bread that my DH have asked me to bake for him for the participants of his tax preparation seminar he is teaching today to AARP volunteers, after I placed the breads int he oven ate a baked potato (I was  hungry), put on a new running outfit and out I went for another 1:30 minutes.

After resting up I plan to shovel the driveway, then take a nap, then in the afternoon either drive up to do a little bit of XT skiing or I may just decide to curl up with my crochet project and listen to soft rock and enjoy my home alone day!

Now I am dead tired and still hungry. Tuna melt and lentil soup, anyone?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Holly - thanks for reposting the recipe ... looks good!

Posai - your run in the snow sounds fun!!

I was a little afraid of the slippery roads today and after running 8 outside yesterday I opted for the indoor playground today with a friend .... life is always better with a friend!!Smile   6 miles on the treadmill followed by .35 easy cooldown -- side by side treadmillsBig grin, 15 min stepmill, 15 min elliptical, core and stretching .... she had to go after that but I put  myself in the pool and did 20 min mixed swim!!  oh how I've missed the pool!!

have a wonderful Saturday my friends!!

denise

Hi's to Holly, Mary, Karin, Denise, Ribs, Nancy, Ribs, TW, and Anachrotech!

Had a wonderful, but slow and slippery 6.4 mile run with a few friends in the woods this morning.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

wildchild

Carolyn

It sounds like everyone has ice or snow except for here in Colorado - weird weather!  We have a winter storm warning starting this afternoon, though, and could get 6-12".

IRC for my race this morning, overcast and low 40's.  I was aiming for a 9 minute pace, and nailed it - 45:03 chip time, 5 mile race.  I looked back through my log, and this is actually a 5 mile PR - two 5 mile races I ran were short of 5 miles and don't count, and the 3rd was a single track trail race that was slower pace.  I know this race distance was accurate because it was the Colorado state championship 5 mile race.  I also ran a 1 mile warmup and ran the 5 mile course again for a cooldown, for 11 miles total today.

I saw Cindy and her DH Doug after the race - they were running the 10 mile which started 30 minutes after I finished, so we had a little time to visit. 

Opie, Sebastian is so cute!

Hi Anacrotech, welcome back.

Mike, hope you had a good race today and didn't freeze your gizzard!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai - nice run in the snow!  But how did you manage to run 15 miles in 1:30?

Anachrotech - welcome back!

Heme - lovely photo - it looks so magical!  Tough to run in, though.

Spareribs - it's not that I really feel that old, just that DH seems to be aging faster than I am.  When he gets a little sick, it really knocks him down. 

Wildchild - congratulations on your 5-mile PR!

DD's team lost (again) 14-11, but DD got 6 of those points, and the game was close enough to be exciting.  Here's DD jumping for the ball (in gold).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

10 mile race today Chilli Cheeks Challenge both were very true 23F w/15 wind and 5 inches of fresh snow on top of Thursday's 4. Only about 1 mile of the 2.5 mile 4 loop course gets plowed plus up & down the sled riding hill 4x.Roll eyes that was hard.   So the race lived up to both the chilly cheeks and challenge part. 

AG 3rd w/1:26:08? DW also AG 3rd w/1:42:10.Smile

Wild nice running

Tom 75% ain't bad as long as the other 25% don't get up & leave Wink

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Top 'O the World!

Hey all!

Congrats on AG there, Sarge!

Gorgeous weather for the Frosty's Frozen 5&10 this am in Littleton! Little breezy & around 50* F at the start.  Got to see Wildchild for a few minutes btwn our respective races! Smile  I think she got a nice PR - sweet! & Congrats!!  She asked me what my goal was - I said "to survive!" I really never know what my body will allow until I get going & feeling a little achey - bit like the DOMS from the 1st day snowboarding after the week I've had + DD's cat sleeping on my head! allergies - Aack!    Actually, I'd thought, all things considered, that I'd be happy with anything under 2 hrs.. Got 1:55:18 per Garmie. Was positive that I'd seen 49:XX at the turnaround, just abt 5.2 and one gal in my pacing group agreed with that,  but, that can't be right...the splits don't add up right?! Decent hard effort, not quite full out, not quite ideal pacing, more walking than I'd like to see on the 2nd half,  (still working on my self-talk & breathing) but all in all, I'm pretty pleased with it. felt pretty good & I had a great time!  Was neat to see the leaders coming back around 35 for the 10K!    FR:  hot pink/black Nike capri's & top, trq NorthFace windbreaker, green/black TRR visor, gray/blue Icebreaker smartwool shortie socks, green/gray Inov8 Rocklite trail shoes.

Have a Great Wknd everybody!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

4 miles in full sun and 4 inches of fresh powder snow and then some cross trraining with a snow shovel. It was a little hard getting out the door today probably because of the bottle of  wine DW and I polished off last night.Roll eyes I feel great now though so the fresh air must have done the trick.

I was hoping for enough snow to do some snow shoeing but the temps are heading back up tomorrow so I imagine that means less not more snow. Wierd winter so far but great for runningBig grin

Puppies and cute kids here today thats always a mood changer

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mike E

MM #5615

Just checking in real quick from sunny International Falls, MN. From our group of 14, we had 4 in the top 5. We had the top 3 and then me in 5th. I went 38:53. I was happy with that. It was about 7 below at the start--not much wind, so it wasn't too bad. They do a really good job at this race. We're at the runner's reception, now, and then we're heading home. Okay--that's it from me.