Masters Running

Saturday, May 10th Daily Running Thread (Read 478 times)

King of PhotoShop

Teresa: Major babe! Spareribs
      Just bought my first running skirt. With the website name skirtgoddess, how could I resist??

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I sometimes don't have a clue why some of my runs do what they do. I had just a super run for 11 miles at a fast pace than I have been able to do HALF that distance. One of my fastest miles was near the end of the run. I am not complaining, just confused. Nice pictures and a great encouragement Teresa.....You have done well and look very nice as a result. Read in the news where a 78 year old man who is legally blind bowled a perfect game......12 strikes in a row. He has to have help finding his ball because of his poor sight.....one eye only that works and that is not good. Sports always seems to provide stories of people who do incredible things against the norm. Great story.
        Vista

GreenMan

Bob, you're so brave.
          .... I LOVE Rocky Horror--it was a weekly event in Boston when I was in college, to go see it! ....A
          Amy, if memory, serves me well, Boston (Alston) is where I saw it with my fiancee and her brother. July 1978. But we didn't dress up. Rode a bike for 8 hours 66 miles. jjj
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
            The trip to Princeton and commencement at the Choir College greatly renewed my spirit and seems to have helped me rediscover my long-missing sproink. After a slight GI issue in mile 1 (glad I was still close to home) Shocked , I ran a lovely 4-miler early this evening at SSP (sproinky slug pace). Smile Even manged negative splits (I amuse myself with all this runner-speak) for all 4 miles; well, OK, mile 4 was only one second faster than mile 3, but even so . . . . . (Neighbors just started going nuts. Flyers must have scored?) Rindaroo - glad to see you posting on the daily Erika - strange to think your temps in AK today were the same as ours this morning in Philly! Interesting pics on the daily today. Bob's just might give me nightmares. Teresa's is terrific! No wonder you're so fast, losing all that weight and putting in the miles like you've been! Great work. Mari - super job on the race. Enke - now what other skirt than one from "skirtgoddess" could possibly be appropriate for you. Wink I love running in skirts; I have this illusion that it hides my still-too-large tummy. I lost my mind and did more miles this week than the plan called for. Now I'm not sure whether to do tomorrow's scheduled 8 miles or not. It would be my third 8-miler. If I do, it will increase my weekly mileage from 16 to 23. (Week before last was 18.) But if I don't, since next week is a cut-back week, I won't do another long run for two weeks. I'm going to really be pressed for time in the morning, so I think I'll get started early enough to run the 8 and just see how I feel. Wow, the decision used to be whether to run 2 miles or 3 to make my 10-or-so for the week. Smile See what great things your terrific examples have done for me! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

mta. where's evryday?
              I'm back! Thanks for asking, dg. I've been on a business trip...if you can call it that....to the Grand Canyon. Still recovering from the experience. Some of you may remember what a great time I had when I went to Atlanta a couple months ago....that's how easily I'm entertained....well the Canyon??? OMG Will post about it tomorrow, maybe . It's great to be back!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Just bought my first running skirt. With the website name skirtgoddess, how could I resist??
                Just checked the web site - these skirts look awesome. Pockets?!?! And a terrific range of sizes. Are you sure you're not getting a cut of new sales, goddess-girl? Wink Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dave59

7 miles for me in the heat of the afternoon. Like the Mockingbird story from a week or so ago, I have a nest above my front door. Not sure what kind of birds but the are just plain brown ones. My wife who loves to put up Christmas decorations but never take them down had left some stuff stretched above our front door. A few weeks ago I decided to finally take it down but found a nest in it with 2 eggs. So I decided to leave it and watch what happens. 2 days ago I went out the front door and there was the nest, upside down on the front porch. I flipped it over with my foot (thinking it was empty) and one tiny bird starts trying to walk away. The other one stayed in the nest. So I scooped up the stray bird and got it back in the nest and did my best to put the nest back. I hoped the parents would return and eventually they did. I don't think I did a very good job getting the nest back so I hope it doesn't fall again, but so far so good. Maybe I can get out a ladder and take a picture of the little birds. As usual, I enjoy reading everyone's workouts and happenings.

Welcome back evryday......that would be neat to hear about the trip. OK....Enke and Eliz......pictures of you modeling the new running skirts will be in order. Actually, that fashion is not something that I see much in this area. This is a college town. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? 8 hours on a bike?....Yikes.....you do some LONG time things JJJessee. Congratulations to Twocat......for reaching the 1,000 mile mark for the year. Back to watching the Boston Celtics try to take the third game against Cleveland.
                    Vista
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Now I need to get some sleep so I'm rested for the race tomorrow.
                      evanflein

Dave! How cool to have the nest so close, but that sounds like a precarious perch! I hope you can get pictures... Teresa... wow, that's very impressive. Congratulations! Enke, those skirts look nice! I'm all for anything cute with pockets... Mariposai... will you rest now, please? Eliz, you've made great progress. You could just cut back tomorrow's run a bit... Let us know what you decide. I got out for 7.77 miles in just over 1:03... was trying to see how I could do with my new idea for a HM pace... Uh, not so good really. But I did have two sorta-flat miles at 7:52 and 7:54, so that's not so bad. DS1 was getting ready for a soccer game at noon and had to be there at 11. I find that hour they're getting ready to be a perfect time to get a run in. I seem to always miss the very beginning, but oh well. Today's game was not pretty. They seemed really off their game, always chasing the ball, never "winning" it. Lost to cross-town rivals 5 to zero. Ouch. Today got up to the upper 60's and was really beautifully sunny till about 2 pm or so. Then clouds rolled in. Still it was perfect for the game and my run. DS1 is at practice now... hope he doesn't get rained on. DH is coming home in a couple hours! Seems like it's been a long week.
                          I'm not getting a cut of the sales, but I saw those skirts at the Eugene expo and was very impressed. If you type in the promo code "eugene" you will get 20% off! Wink Wink Just bought my first pair of trail shoes today too! Mariposai - way to go on the race!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

GreenMan

...Just bought my first pair of trail shoes today too! .....
                            Big grin jjj
                            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                            Mariposai

Just bought my first pair of trail shoes today too!!
                              great news...so maybe you can join me in one of these trail races in the Methow. Maybe we could even talk Soundie, Divechief, tet and others to come over too. Big grin http://www.mvsta.com/summer/events.html

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard