Masters Running

Portland, OR marathon and boomer's party (Read 546 times)

Mariposai

I guess Mama Mia Trattaria is. I will gather up numbers and ask WineJunky or BL to make reservations for us. http://mamamiatrattoria.com/italian_...and_tours.html This is the list I have so far: Econo Labduck Mrs. Labduck PDR WRFB Winejunky BL Mike Sue duckgeek Posie Señor Posie Sans Souci ??? Enkiephalin?? Francesca??? Everyday?? Meet at Mama mia at 5pm???

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Oh, no....Don't count me. My earlier response to this thread was obviously a very poor attempt at humor! The thread title "Portland, OR marathon and boomer's party" .......... I thought there was a choice of Portland OR marathon.....oh, never mind.... Big grin Hope you all have a great time!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        I guess Mama Mia Trattaria is. I will gather up numbers and ask WineJunky or BL to make reservations for us. http://mamamiatrattoria.com/italian_...and_tours.html This is the list I have so far: Econo Labduck Mrs. Labduck PDR WRFB Winejunky BL Mike Sue duckgeek Posie Señor Posie Sans Souci ??? Enkiephalin?? Francesca??? Everyday?? Meet at Mama mia at 5pm???
        Hmm, is is getting close... Is this the plan?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

xor

That linky above no longer works.

Mariposai

Ok gang. I got as a reservation at Mama Mia tratatoria. The reservation is under Mariposa and it is set for 5pm on Saturday. Here is the link to the restaurant. http://mamamiatrattoria.com/italian_food_portland_tours.html See you all there. SrLopez you will be there, right?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Ok gang. I got as a reservation at Mama Mia tratatoria. The reservation is under Mariposa and it is set for 5pm on Saturday.
                Oh, good. Thanks for taking care of this! See you Saturday -- Smile

Mariposai

Can't wait to see you all at the Portland carbo-feed place. My schedule is kind of crazy right now, so I don't know what time I will be going to the expo on Saturday, but I will be at Mama Mia's for sure. Remember that the reservation is under Mariposa

xor

SrLopez you will be there, right?
                    Well, I wasn't on your list and didn't ask in time, so I didn't think I was. However, if you got a spot for me, then yes, I'd like that. (as I respond to this, I haven't clicked the link. Assuming the place is downtown, yes. I don't have a car, but I'm staying downtown and I'm excellent at walking. Including to marathon finish lines sometimes.)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I am so very sorry to miss the gathering but I won't be able to come to Portland this time. Cry I hope you all have a great time and a great race and that you can come up for the Seattle Marathon in November ( I'm already signed up for that one!) Francesca
                      Mariposai

Well, I wasn't on your list and didn't ask in time, so I didn't think I was. However, if you got a spot for me, then yes, I'd like that. (as I respond to this, I haven't clicked the link. Assuming the place is downtown, yes. I don't have a car, but I'm staying downtown and I'm excellent at walking. Including to marathon finish lines sometimes.)
                        Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are in then. Mama mia is in downtown Portland. Please do check in the link to see how great the food is going to be. The boomer's gathering is always so much fun.

Mariposai

Wow!!!! the weekend is finally here. Taper time is always so hard Tongue Mama Mia Tratatoria is ready for us. Reservation is for 5pm and the reservation is under Mariposa. http://mamamiatrattoria.com/italian_food_portland_tours.html Since my DH decided that we need to drive down to Florence, OR to see my ailing FIL and then drive back up tomorrow night to Portland, I may not be able to make back on time for the dinner Cry Sleepy We will try to be there...but can't promise at this point. Regardless of my presence or absence you guys will have a great time. WJ, the canadian and labduck will be there to show you the best of Portland. darn...I was so looking forward to meeting the famous srlopez (hey if you see a runner wearing a butterfly skort, please don't we shy to say hi ok?). To the rest of you...see you at the finish line if not sooner.

xor

Wait, hold on. What happened between the second to the last mariposa post and the last mariposa post? Did I get kicked out??? Because I'm not a boomer? Did duckgeek spread a rumor about me?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Did I get kicked out??? Because I'm not a boomer?
                              no way as I'm not an official boomer either (other end) but've been welcome at all the boomer reunions. ps - too bad mariposai's missing this year's carbo after all she did. give her a hug from all her fans* if you see her on the industrial out-and-back or elsewhere. *that's about 100 hugs at least.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Take the word boomer out of this party and show up to the dinner srlopez...because I am going to be there after all. My DH and I will be at the expo at 4pm. Will be at the lobby of the hotel at that time for anyone who wants to get-together for a drink and some chatting before the dinner at Mama Mia. Wink