Masters Running

Garmin questions (Read 35 times)

My Garmin 205 appears to be nearing the end of its life after 4-5 years.  I'm not sure what I should replace it with and thought I'd ask my running buds here on the Master's Forum.  I have really liked my 205 but don't use all the features.  All I use, and want, is total time, total distance, pace, and the ability to pull up my mile splits after a run.  It looks like the 110 will do most of that but must be connected to my computer to get the mile splits after a run.  I'd rather just read it off the watch.  The 310 is a little more expensive and I've not found for sure whether the mile splits can be read from the watch.  Also, it looks like the 310 will go about 20 hours on a charge while the 110 is about half that.  What experience have any of you had with the 110 or 310?

Thanks

TomS

I did a review of the Garmin 305 when compared to the 405. Of course this may not be useful if you don't have any experience with the 305.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RNR8ZLH7T3MJC

- ScriptCal

ScriptCal

Dave59

I can call up the splits on my 305 without hooking up to a computer.  I don't have any experience with the 110 to compare.  I have a 410 which I use more than the 305 because I prefer the wireless computer interface.  ScriptCal's review of the 405 (410) and the problems navigating is very true.  I just try to stick to a couple things and never touch the watch.  A couple days ago, drops of sweat kept hitting the edge of the watch and causing a change in the display.  But I still like using it.  Roll eyes  (I would never get another one.)

I think you will like the 310 interface and the battery does last a long time.