Masters Running

Sunday, April 10 Runs and Races and Stuff (Read 430 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Lamerunner – okay, I don’t think I’d wear those earrings, either…just a little, I don’t know, creepy….

Sounds like Timbo is doing some serious (and seriously FAST) running.  

Mariposai – sounds like a lovely (and tough) running weekend for you – nice job!

I bit the bullet and ordered this Nathan hydration vest for my upcoming 50Ks:

http://www.nathansports.com/our-products/hydrationnutrition/race-vests/hpl-008

I found at Stone Steps that a handheld wasn’t enough on a hot day, and by the second half of the race, my arms and shoulders were tired of carrying it, even though it was a small bottle.  This vest gets great reviews for comfort, no bouncing, and has pockets to carry my gels, and extras, so I won’t have to wear a waist belt.

I slept in today, and am just getting ready to head out now. One of those days with no real running plan, just see what my legs have to offer.  One week after a marathon and two weeks before a 50K, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be recovering, tapering, or doing my last big LR.....Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Good morning Holly! 

I have been derailed by a massive tickle fight/war going on in my house -- so no run for me yet.  I think I'll wait until after church, 'cause it's supposed to be hot and/or rainy.  I haven't had much weather adversity this training cycle, so maybe a little practice is in order. 

Hope everyone is out there having a spectacular morning!

ETA: I forgot the whole reason why I planned to post Blush:  YEA TAMMY!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I'm hoping Tim posts his marathon time from yesterday.  I'm sure it was speedy.  It sounds like he's running another one today - pacing a friend thru his first.  Tim is one tough dude.  That's for sure!

12.1 easy-paced miles in 1:53.  Started out really easy and just let it happen.  Felt Terrific today!  71° and 76%.  Avg HR 134.  First 40 mile week since October or November.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I think {{{{Bylll}}}} needs a hug today!

Out for 4 slow recovery miles this morning.    Very warm, so my first time in short sleeve shirts.   I wore capri's though as to not totally scare the critters and neighbors.    Pretty breezy with severe storms predicted for late tonight, then the temps plummet again.     I think I better take a nap this afternoon, because if is storms, Hailey will not be a happy momma dog.   **sigh**

Praying that things improve daily for Leslie.   Good to see she got a workout in yesterday.

SteveP - yuck!!!!!   

Awesome running yesterday Tammy!!!    I want to be like you some day.  Big grin

Happy Sunday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Just shy of 22 miles. Had a break in the middle to run a mile with DD#2. She took advantage of the 14 miles I had previously run to race me up the hill.

1st 7 miles was a suffer fest. We woke up to 66 degs with 89% humidity....geez, give a guy some time to acclimate ! (yesterday it was 44 degs) I did eventually come around.

Looking forward to some race reports!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Mari.. Nice 10/20! (hmm that sounds like something on a police scanner.......  10/20 on Butterfly)

Byll.. so happy to hear all your consistent running! Must feel geat

I left the house and headed out to run either 15 miles (to give a 30 mile weekend.. see what you did Mari Smile ) or 8.5 miles (which gives me a 50+ MPW). I ran 15 yesterday and the legs were tired then and it was not a fast finish.  I headed out the same route today with a couple hundred foot climb in mile 3. The climb went faster today than yesterday. I decided to go for speed instead of distance and opted for the 8.5 miles:

splits (HR): 8:43 (137), 8:40 (143), 9:08 (150), 8:35 (146), 8:13 (146), 8:10 (147), 7:29 (1146), 7:49 (148), 7:33 (149)(.5 mi)

As a result, my legs feel great from opening it up (dynamic stretching!)

8.54 miles in 1:10:31 (8:15, AHR 146)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

New skirt in town

9 miles in the Newton Hills today in 1:20:49 (8:59 min/mile).

Last run on the course before Marathon Monday! On Heartbreak Hill,  someone had spray painted at the bottom: "Is your heart racing?". Halfway up, it  said, "Is your heart breaking?" And at the top: "We ♥ you"

I snapped a  picture of the Johnny Kelly statue shortly before Heartbreak Hill. Someone had  hung Boston Marathon medals around their necks!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

OrangeMat

MM #6177

What a great photo Robin!

The excitement is building!!

Today I am resting. Smile Happy day and hugs to all.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Awesome picture Robin!  Those medals make it a rare shot!

Why is it I ran Boston twice and never saw that statue?

(I ran Richmond  twice and never remember a monument along Monument Avenue either.)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tammy, way to go in your 10 mile race - speedy with nice splits.  OM, congrats on your 5K PR.

Nice long runs for dive, mari (after 10 yesterday), breger, and Slo.

This morning, it was in the mid 40s and there was some wind.  I ran in shorts which felt good.  I ran a mile to the local HS and then did 8 laps on the track, alternating pushing it a bit for a lap and then backing off for a lap.  My "fast" laps were 1:59, 1:56, 1:53, and 1:53.  Since I wondered if I could do a lap in under 2 minutes, I was happy.  I ran the mile home and then one more mile to get in a total of 5 miles inabout 49:30 for a 9:55 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

OK boys and girls..... here's how to do it

Just in from Rotterdam:

Ed Whitlock - 3:25 for a new 80+ WR

ShockedShockedShocked

TammyinGP

That is a great pic Robin! I'm so excited now for all the Boston bound - only a week away!

I pulled up results today. Better than I thought. 1:26:06 chip time, which places me 20/104. This was close to 30 seconds faster than I thought based on the clock when I crossed the mat. 

I'm feeling pretty good today. might do an easy 2-3 mile recovery run. a bit of soreness through the hip flexors, but overall feeling okay.

Tammy

Renee the dog

Bill,

I beleive  that AMT is proof the Devil exists. Black eye 

I love (and hate!) that Ed Whitlock guy!

No run yet. Have some chores I need to do so I'm out of Bayside's way...then Renee and I should be hitting the streets towards the end of the day.  I may print out Robin's photo and take it with me....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

lamerunner

Good afternoon!  6.5 miles easy, IN SHORTS... first outside run in shorts all season ( I usually run early morning).  Very nice warm day today, which is fine as long as April 18 is cool...

Nice weekend running for Mari!

Is timbo out racing??

Mari,

Good for you on the 30 mile weekend. I really think those builld a lot of endurance. I do some of those when marathon training. It's a confidence booster too.

Bill,

Seems like you just started back up a couple weeks ago. 40 mile week already? Be careful my friend.Sure is good having you running and posting again.

Mary,

Way to tough out a tough run yesterday.

15 miles for me this morning 2:21:00 ish minutes. I think thats about a 9:25 ish pace.

I was going to take a back week next week but I now have a Colonoscopy scheduled the Thursday before Easter. I think I will do my 16 miler next Sunday and take a back week the following week as I am sure at least 2 days will be non run days and my nutrition for the week won't exactly be up to par.

Good luck racers

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down