Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 7.2.14 (Read 35 times)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Brisk little interval run in sun, wind, and warm temperatures this evening - very nice, although my legs were really tired:

Because yesterday, 98 other Canadians and I jumped on the ferry to Port Angeles with our bikes and then rode up 30 km and 1550m (that's >5000 feet, y'all) to the top of Hurricane Ridge.  It's the Annual Canada Day Invasion of the United States, and it's a hoot.  But I was mighty tired by the time I got back to the bottom.  We ate Much Pasta and Dfrank Beer until the ferry returned to take us home, and I had a delicious snooze on the sunny foredeck on the way home.  What a fine, fine day that was.

This is me on top of the world, wearing Simon Whitfield's jersey.  I bought it at a silent auction a year ago and took it down off the wall for the occasion:

Aamos -- YAY --- we will definitely meet up in Philly!! 

denise

Mariposai

MustangSally, you rode your bike up to Hurricane Ridge . You go girl!!! Just curious who are we  in your senteces.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Mustang Sally what a gorgeous day you had! Happy belated Canada Day to you (and Enke and Henrun)!

Ok youse guys.. it's Nuun! And it's mostly electrolytes, I wouldn't count on it for calories. I like to mix it kind of strong. It says one tablet for a 16.9 oz bottle, but I have the 11 oz Fiji bottles (and similar) so will use one tablet in that, or two tablets in a 20 oz bottle. It's definitely best cold. I buy from Road Runner Sports and get my VIP discount on it.

So nice to see Mary back here!

We had solid steady rain from about 11 pm Monday night to earlier this morning. Good grief I have never seen it rain here like we've had the last couple of weeks. We broke the record (from 1949, Tet) for the rainiest June on record. Lovely! What a perfect time to tear apart your garage and try to rebuild it! We're about 3 weeks (at least) behind on this project. But it will sure be nice when it's done!

Went out for a run today about 5:30, after the rain had pretty much stopped. It was sure muggy out there though. Culverts that are usually dry looked like rivers! Just amazing.... Ran 7.1 miles on a mostly easy flat route, but last half mile was up the big hill by my office. I usually walk up most of that but tonight decided I needed to stop wimping out on these hills and run up the damn things. So I did. And I survived.

SteveP

Tramps, one thing I really like about my job this time of year is getting to see people of all ages and shapes celebrating the gift of running throughout our state.

Amy, you are too kind.

Holly, I hope you and your brother have an monumental reconnect weekend.

Erika, are you doing the garage work yourselves or having a builder rebuild it? Our SIL keeps getting rained out on his scheduled work days.

I hope David gets well really quick like.

I had a wonderful opportunity to visit a nice chunk of MI's Northern Lower Peninsula. A large litter of young raccoons cut me off. I react better to that than when middle aged pedestrians do the same, then check their brochures while standing in the road.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

then rode up 30 km and 1550m (that's >5000 feet, y'all) to the top of Hurricane Ridge.

that's hors categorie country. used by some for IMC training.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

This is me on top of the world, wearing Simon Whitfield's jersey.  I bought it at a silent auction a year ago and took it down off the wall for the occasion:

fantastique. No particular reason but when's the next time you'll be wearing it? IMC?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

IMC?  Not I.  I'm not ready to turn my life over to that kind of training regimen yet.

Although more than a few Ironman-aimed teammates were along for the ride.