Masters Running

Race report, Eugene 5K, May 3 by Woods Lady (Read 301 times)

flatland mountaineer

Nice race and report. I like how you left nothing to chance. I liked the cowboy neck scarf even better, thought I was the only one to do that. Wink I just hate it when you have to try and get by walkers 3 abreast talking and not paying attention to people trying to get by. good job Smile

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Woods Lady - I'm glad I got the first hand version from you on Saturday night. It was great seeing you again and chatting. Congrats again on a great run and hardware to boot.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Woods Lady, Great report and congrats on the AG award. A win is A win and somtimes just showing up makes us winners. Think of all the training it took to get that award not the competition. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Woohoo.....way to go Woods Lady. Great RR and I see many more in your future. You will get stronger and stronger with each one. Jewels
          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Renee the dog

This was a great read! Thanks for taking the time to write it up. Congrats on your age group win!!!! Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

coastwalker

Hi Woods Lady, Congrats on a greta race and RR! I agree that you should take full credit for the AG win, with no excuses or explanations. You were there, you ran well, and you beat everyone else in your AG -'nough said. When you do your hill walking vs. running test, don't stop at the top of the hill; continue running for about a half mile beyond the crest to see how you feel and how fast you recover. Managing hills is not just a matter of how you get up them, it is also how well you run on the other side. Most runners stick with the technique that gives them the best combination of speed and recovery up and beyond the hill. Can't wait till your next RR - keep up the good work! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Top 'O the World!

Congratulations!!! Excellent race & RR! Classy all the way Wink
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                huskydon

Nice job! Congrats on the age group win, too! You prepared well and it showed. Best wishes for the next one!
                  RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Yippee! That was fun to read! Congratulations WoodsLadyEconoMa! I can't wait for the next adventure. (Head colds zap energy more than hills do...you had a double whammy.)

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

dg.

Elegant Woods Lady.... (may I call you MaE?) Very nie job!!! Congratulations on your 1st in age group! I really like how you approached this, as well as your post-race analysis. I think you are a keeper. And an added bonus... we get to see more of the nice Econo. Smile. I agree that pacing is an interesting subject. I'm looking forward to your next report!

Marathon Maniac #957

I love this report! Great racing, Woods Lady, and like everyone says, an AG win is an AG win - congratulations!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thank you, all of you nice and knowledgeable Master Runners, for your kind words, encouragement, and advice. I have my plaque on the mantle, and, yes, one's best effort at a race that has been prepared for makes one a winner. No matter who is there, or how they do. Life is like that, too! enkephalin, I love your quote by Margaret Davis! Econo, you are a nice girl, and Bravo on the Half Marathon. I'm proud. Smile nj joe I like that "You ran your own race, and had fun doing it". Yep - that is what is all about for me. r2farm I have three colors, so Ribs will know that I am making co ordinated color choices. Just red won't do for the tree farm, the cows, the corn, or the course. Clowning around coastwalker Thank you for the hill managing advice. I'm going to use that strategy! Thank you, everyone. I can't beleive it, but am still tired, and am not back at it yet. This bothers me, because the next race is May 16th, and I had hoped to make great strides to prepare, but am not up to that quite yet. Have a good week, everyone, and good luck on this weekend's racers. Woods Lady
                          SteveP

Kids should be trampled an eaten. That being said, you ran an intelligent race. Well done on the AG win.

SteveP

Delightful RR on a well-planned and terrifically-run race. Congrats and thanks for the great RR! Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Way to go Woods Lady!!! I caught up on my race report reading last night in the airport and this one made me grin and grin. I was about to reply right then and lost my connection. Even better that I read this again this morning. Smile Awesome Age Group win!