Masters Running

What's up with Daddyo (Read 168 times)

Go Pre!

Another rest day for me. Paced a 4 hour marathon Sunday in Ottawa. Only 2 weeks since my 3:40 pace duties in Toronto + too much walking around the day before + not a great nutrition / hydration week, I was left feeling very beat up. I made my goal getting the pack in on time4 (3:59:42) so that is always a pleasure to do my job. Now though, it's time to rest and recover before I start training for a Fall Marathon and shoot for a new PR. It's time again to be disciplined!

I hope everyone here is doing great!

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow, Daddyo--you were within seconds of the 3:40 pace group, too--great job with that.  Yep--you deserve a rest.

Go Pre!

Oh, and there was this on the weekend ... Cam (10) ran a  19:45 inthe heat...112 OA ,1st out of 144 in the 10 and under AG . He was stoked to break 20 and I was so damn proud.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nothing like the pressure of leading others to a specific time.....and almost perfectly done Smile   I know I have "loosely" followed a marathon pace group before, and usually they are off and have to slow down or speed up towards the end. My Indy Marathon last fall that I ran too slow, I passed the 3:40 group with 5K to go......I finished 3:58 (I bet there were some not to happy people with that)

Cam 10 - 19:45 - WOW ! 1ST in AG, LOL

Tim 

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Go Pre!

Most pace groups are pretty good but when they're off it sucks. This one was hard due to the circumstances but I kept my promised and focused hard to maintain even pace. We were ahead by 30 seconds most of the way, then I lost focus a bit and we fell behind by about 30 seconds with 3k to go. That wasn't too hard for the group to handle and most surged ahead of me in the final km anyway. Always enjoyable to help out : )