Masters Running

Wednesday 10/14 - National Chocolate Covered Insect Day (Read 30 times)

Mariposai

Chocolate, I love chocolate. I also love olives, Greek abs Spanish olives, that is.

Dave59, wow...that is one stunning running route.

Enkie, romántico fin de semana.

8 miles for me today. 5 alone and 3 with the Easy Pacer.  Lovely fall weather.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

That looks nice,Dave. How are the grandkids?

Yay Dexter!

Chuck E Cheese is the best place ever!!!!

I fear for the bulk of the month, all I'll have is work to post. As I've mentioned before, our property has had inventories so poor that the cooperate office is having us perform them a few times a year. In the process of cleaning up, our clearance center has been running out of room. Items have sat there for ages because commissioned sales people will order from their offices instead of browsing through mistakes their co-workers and other customers have made. I understand, the time spent shopping for a "maybe this will work" could be used to place an order for a sure sale. I've talked with the big cheese. Going forward, all commissioned sales people get an extra percentage when clearance items are sold.

I've been negotiating with vendors about taking items back that are over a year old and have been off of the books. I was in the weekend before last and gathered up strays. The next week, thousands of dollars of materials had been returned to the vendors. One high dollar order that's over a year old.as well as two smaller orders.

Yesterday, I got 15 emails from sales requesting that I find and return.

We've had a disabled two wheeled cart that had been tucked away not being used. I took it home and spent a few hours with it.Now, even come of the largest doors and windows, a person can handle solo.

It's not pretty, but it get the job done safely.

Our inventory is on the 31st. Which is also the same day as Noah's favorite race - the Zombie Run. If all my ducks are in a row, I get race day off. The two youngest grandkids are on tap to be in the event as well. They'll be a zombie Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr Seuss. Grandpa is ditching the BatGarb  and going as a zombie Cat in the Hat.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Grandpa is ditching the BatGarb  and going as a zombie Cat in the Hat.

We will need pictorial evidence of this...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Heard any banjos on your runs, Dave?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"