Masters Running

Wednesday August 20 Boomer/Master Runs (Read 379 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly - check your e-mail! Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Go Enke! One of my colleagues describes that as "full tilt boogie". I know what you mean about the weather Erika----here too. Hi Deez! This made me tear up a bit when her voice broke----if you have 8 minutes or so---watch Deena Kastor deal with her broken foot. http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234057/72227-deena-kastor-after-marathon-injury
        Thanks for the encouragement guys!! CNYrunner, yes that video clip is touching...I just wish the interviewer didn't sound like such a doofus.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - check your e-mail! Smile
          Still nothing, Mary. Can you re-send?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Just sent it again - I had the wrong e-mail address! Duh!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Sarge, SOOOOO sorry! {{{{many, many }}}} I hope you FIL got to meet up with my Dad in "processing" on the way to the next realm. Smile The only suggestion I have, as it sounds like he had a rough end-of-life too, is to pull out the old photos. I find it a comfort to look at them. It wipes away the recent, difficult reality. I'm going to the beach with the kids in a little while and then I'll be going for probably just a 3 miler with Renee somewhere around dinner time or shortly after. I said it in the other thread -- thanks to all for your kinds words and thoughts this week. Each and every one of you have touched me deeply. I am grateful to rub elbows with such a fine group of people.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

You know how many here are saying how busy they are....me to, soooo Hi - 4 mile recovery last night - Mid-week long tonight with 1000 M repeats....Bye Smile Super busy Tim....but luv ya all Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hot here--90 Cool ..6.33 in54:44, an 8:39 pace 156 AHR, 176 Max. The bizzee bee is chasing my behind as well. grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  lamerunner

Hello everyone. Good running. Back in the work saddle after 9 days in the Canadian Rockies, hiking and climbing etc. Very beautiful area, wild, lots of moderate-sized but rugged peaks, glacial lakes and green rivers. I got in some good runs on trails by the river mostly, no real long runs but certainly maintenance. I saw elk several times. Thankfully no grizzlies though. I had heard a half marathon held on the very trails I was running was delayed an hour last year becuase of a grizzly on the course.... just the elk, dogs and other runners and walkers while I was there. There are some lonely spots but much of the trail is pretty near houses and the river. Came back to very nice weather here in NH, dry and cool for almost the first time all summer. I ran 6.5 this morning then did a 1200 yard swim at lunch, sleepy today after traveling and then watching Olympics last night. Joanne Dow does her race walk tonight in Beijing. I am excited to watch...
                    wildchild

Carolyn

Lamerunner, welcome back! I love the Canadian rockies, but haven't been there for years. Maybe next summer... So many nice places to visit, so little vacation time!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sorry for your loss sarge, stay strong. 6 mile tempo run, perfect running weather. 52 degrees 400m pool swim.
                        nowor

Sarge, Thinking of you and your family, especially your MIL.
                            Recently I have seen tallrunner lurking around these parts. He has been threatening me for years, so I went back to the gym tonight: 100 pushups 100 situps 30 barbell curls 30 lat pulldowns 30 barbell squats 30 leg curls 30 leg extensions 50 wrist barbell curls Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                              Wednesday - 8.01 miles progressive - 1:00:58 (7:36) Avg HR 142 Max HR 152 - 82 & 24 % humidity...just awesome weather for a change! Big grin 7:52 - 7:46 - 7:44 - 7:41 - 7:23 - 7:23 - 7:25 - 7:37 - :04
                                Raining way too hard for track work...Coach said we could do it another time...phew Smile Nice progression run Bob...
                                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip