Masters Running

Saturday (Read 31 times)

..........heads up to steveP//............Claire's here for our ChristmasSupper......she will want to know what ''Adventurer Doggie'' has been up to

AND

she pulled her own tooth!!!!!!

===============

still fighting multiple injuries,

leg and back not good

but

after this lunch will utter the MagicWords ''Scroot''

and return to my work-outs,

also,,

a word of warning...........ChristmasChoir is tomorrow, prepare to be Cultured to Death

but I digress.......

41-min poolrun with belt, deep end only

..............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Claire and Culture?! Sounds like a perfect weekend to me TW! Enjoy and battle on with strength!

Sorry my post yesterday wasn’t too clear!

Maraposai, I won’t be running a 20 miler for Boston marathon training until February. I meant to say that I am working with a 20 weeks to Boston plan and this was week one - 19 weeks to go. roar.

And tet, my sibling is the one who has administered the volence for many years and has indeed been in and out of jail for more than 20 years now. My support of Safe Passage is personal. And I am just so grateful that so many donated. Aamos said it best: “Until the need no longer exists”

Sloppy, slushy run today with a teammate. We ran at an easy pace and six miles in my neighborhood. Now to settle in for lots of sports watching---live stream of the Nike XC Nationals for high schoolers where Central NY runners (CNY!) are favored to win once again, then the UConn women go at it in basketball and of course the SEC Football Championships and Mizzou goes up against the Crimson Tide. Whew! I'll be too tired to race tomorrow! ha.

Slo

Hiya Tom

Great weather for a race last night. Nice little two miler on a candle lit bike path along the Mississippi river.

Finished 11th overall and would you believe 4th in my AG...freaking fast old guys...geez louise. Just ain't right.

5.6 recovery jog this am. Off to Cranksgiving...a scavanger hunt of sorts to pick up canned goods by bike for the local pantry. Drinks afterwards.

King of PhotoShop

So disappointed to read that the lazy CNY runner is going to sit around in front of the TV set watching sports when the rest of us are out there running hard and training.

Well, I'm back from my short 2 days in Cincinnati.  Yesterday morning before work I had planned to run but one mile into it, it started to rain harder and I hate packing wet clothes on getaway day so I bagged it.

Today was a 3 mile trail race in my town which I always support.  The Saint and I went over there and marshaled it, then after the race we ran the course. You think I hate trails? You should have heard her whine! But it was fun and we got another mile it to make it 4 for the day and a light 28 mile week for me.

Tonight is our Club's annual Christmas party out in Janie B. Goodville.  We're looking forward to it. Spareribs

Dave59

I made a last minute decision and ran a 5k.  Saw tselbs there too.  I haven't run many 5ks lately so I didn't know what to expect.  I was happy with a 24:47 because it gave me a sub-8:00 pace (7:59).

So disappointed to read that the lazy CNY runner is going to sit around in front of the TV set watching sports when the rest of us are out there running hard and training.

janie b good

yesterday, I took an unplanned rest day (headache).

today = 3.21 t'mill miles while watching the 'bama game.  still raining in ohio.

sunday is a rest day for me. see y'all Monday!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

roch, snazzy car.  Slo, nice racing.  Dave, it was nice to see you today and that you got a sub 8 pace for the 5K.  Nice long run for Holly.

As Dave reported, I did a 5K this morning.  The temperature was in the low to mid 30s and there was some wind.  I was well behind Dave.  My Garmin gave me a time of 31:02, distance of 3.08 miles, and a pace of 10:05.  I was 2/3 in my AG (70+).  The results haven't shown up on line yet so I don't know my overall place but there were a few behind me.  I did see quite a few of my running friends which is always good.  Today's race gave me 11 years of at least one race every calendar month.  I did a mile before the race and 1.92 afterwards to give me 6 miles for the day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

11 years of at least one race every calendar month

nice racing tom, . . and dave,. when did you start running? My streak is one a year for now 38 years. Unfortunately, until recently, most of the months are zilchies.

ps C\NY - say hi to aamos if she's there in a worthy race in which she had a big role

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I haven't run many 5ks lately so I didn't know what to expect.  I was happy with a 24:47 because it gave me a sub-8:00 pace (7:59).

...you oughta be Happy//....Nice Running.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow!  Tough Girrrl!

she pulled her own tooth!!!!!!

===============

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

.  Today's race gave me 11 years of at least one race every calendar month. 

Amazing - well done!

DD's BB game this morning was another thrill ride and we won by 4 points after a very tense game.  DD made 2 baskets, one of which my initial thoughts of "You'll never make it" turned to "OMG what a great shot!"  Wish I had it on film.

5 miles for me this morning followed by 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

We have tickets to see a matinee performance of It's a Wonderful Life at a local dinner theatre tomorrow for the family.  We haven't been there in years and the kids have never been, so I think they will really enjoy it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Today's race gave me 11 years of at least one race every calendar month. 

TomS

My streak is one a year for now 38 years.

Tom and Tet, you guys are my heroes.       I want to be like you when I grow up.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Tom--11 years with at least 1 race in every month--that is awesome.

My computer has been down the last week and posts from my ipad sometimes freeze up so I haven't posted a whole lot on here this week.  My SIL came over, today, and got me back online...I'm not sure what we do without that guy.

Anyway--I did 16 miles, today, in 1:55:45.  It was 29o when I left the house, but it felt like it dropped quite a bit while I was out there...but I just checked and it's still 26o...so, never mind...I'm just a whimp.

Debbie's on her way home and wants to go out to eat, so I'd better get going.  See ya!

evanflein

One a month for 11 years, and one a year for 38 years (and I know a lot of those years had more than one!), you guys are truly inspiring. Well done, both of you Tom and Tet! It would be awesome for you guys to meet, especially if Henrun could be there too. The true patriarchs of our forum! Ribs is too young for that group... but he's awesome, too!

I waited awhile to see if it would warm up, and it never really did. So, I headed out a little later than planned and ran 8.2 miles in temps ranging from 3° to 5°F, with a little breeze from the NE. Then showered up at my office building, did a little work to get ready for meetings next week, errands and shopping, and home around 7 p.m. A later day than planned, but oh well, it felt good to have a lazy morning. Dinner was pan-seared steaks, black beans and rice, steamed veggies and caramelized onions.  Yum!

We're going to New York next week and looking forward to a play date with Hally/Barb!