Masters Running

Friday, June 17 (Read 496 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning!

It was a tad bit hard getting out of bed this morning, so by the time I dragged my arse out, I only had time for 3. I made the best of them this cool Michigan morning with my buddy Brinkley. 9:36 avg.  pace.

GO Ragnar racers, and all others competeing this weekend.    EB (aka Hudson) wants to wish tell his mom to have a great time ....

Congrats Derrick on your best 5k in three years last night.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Day of rest today, for me no workouts.  We are celebrating Father's Day, Friday night, everyone is working this weekend, so it  is easiier tonight.

Planning on running long Saturday AM after work, and maybe Sunday a short run.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning!

That was a nice race Derrick!

ran 8.3 miles with 8 "hills" in 1:13:02 (8:48, AHR 149)  (the "hill" was a manmade sledding hill in a park - a steep sucker!  Smile )

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

What only michganders posting here today, what's up

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Michigander's Rock!  Big grin

~Mary

~unknown

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

I'm not from Michigan - nice race marathon D.

I'm still waiting to schedule the delivery of a dishwasher from Bestbuy (ordered on June 2nd).  So they sent me a survey to find out how the delivery went, and my satisfaction with their delivery process.  Hmm.

Lift, step, spin, sauna this morning.

Tonight is an Eagle Scout ceremony for my nephew (and godson).  Tomorrow is the rookie league baseball championship.  Is it okay to pray for PBJ Jr. to get just one hit?  What else?  Oh yeah - Long Suffering Mrs. PBJ has been stuck with me for 22 years now (6/17/89).  The date's engraved inside the ring so I don't forget.  What's 22 - the dishwasher anniversary?

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  Minnesotanders rock, too! 

Oh yeah - Long Suffering Mrs. PBJ has been stuck with me for 22 years now (6/17/89).  The date's engraved inside the ring so I don't forget.  What's 22 - the dishwasher anniversary?

Congratulations PBJ!  And thanks for the reminder!  Mine is next Saturday.  I've got my date engraved inside my ring for the very same reason...but my eyes are 23 years older, now, and I can't read the dumb thing!

Perch were you running just North East of Rochester? I know they run the Muddy Waters race series in that area, a serious adventure running out fit there.  Check out, run Michigan for all the area races.

TammyinGP

I'm a Minnesotan today. And once upon a time I lived in UP Michigan too. So does that make me uber rockin' cool too???

In Princeton MN for the last few days and driving up to Duluth today. It's not raining here right now, but I hear it is in Duluth, and as an Oregonian, I'm most comfortable in rain, so that's where I wanna be. Roll eyes

MikeE - you have my cell # right? We need to rendevzous at some point post-race so I can meet you. I have two HS friends that I'm also meeting up with post race for a beer (one friend running, probably a 3:30 or so) and another spectating, so they'll have to wait around for slowpoke me. Hope you plan on being around for awhile too.

Hudson made my day. what a great opener!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

MikeE - you have my cell # right? We need to rendevzous at some point post-race so I can meet you. I have two HS friends that I'm also meeting up with post race for a beer (one friend running, probably a 3:30 or so) and another spectating, so they'll have to wait around for slowpoke me. Hope you plan on being around for awhile too.

Yep--I have your number.  I'm not leaving that place until I find you! 

TammyinGP

Big grin

Tammy

Mariposai

Yep--I have your number.  I'm not leaving that place until I find you! 

That is the spirit of a true RAland member!!!! Will Tammy be the first RA goddess you will meet in person, MikeE?

Go tamster go! Just watch out guys, she is going to rock this marathon!!!

Go Ragnar racers go!!!! I must admit that I am mighty jealous of the fun time they are having!!!

Nice and cool here too. I was planning to get up early and run, but I have been soo tired lately I just can't get myself out of bed. I will RAW tonight.

Hudson made my day! What a cutie!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Coloradans rock, too! 

Sweet picture of Hudson!  Thanks, Mary.

Derrick, congrats on the 5k last night.  Sounds like you had lots of family there cheering you on. Must be nice - I've never had any family at a race.

Joe, happy dishwasher anniversary to you and Mrs. Long suffering.

Good luck to Tammy, the Hermosaboy clan,  the Ragnar relay racers, and whoever else is racing this weekend,  too.

5 trail miles after work last night, 11:17 avg pace.  They recently re-opened a trail in one of the mountain parks that's closed all spring for Elk calving (it's fittingly called the Elk Range Trail).  So I ran there last night - not quite a "new" trail, but haven't run it in a while. Lots of mountain bikers use this park, and one woman rode alongside me on a long uphill (we were going about the same pace) and we chatted for a while.  She said she's a runner too but yesterday happened to be a bike day for her.  I don't recall ever having a long conversation with a biker before - kinda nice! 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

lamerunner

Good morning. That Hudson is so cute. Look at those giant paws!!

Tired morning here. Got going late becuase DH wanted to bike to work so I drove Ds to school. I ran 5  miles in humid 70 or so degrees. Legs were dead.  Most of the week I have been feeling pretty good and running a little faster, plus three swims but I guess that plus life in general is catching up.  I may or may not do some elliptical or something at the gym at lunch.

Last day of  6th grade for DS!

Nice job marathon derrick on lastnight's race

Good luck weekend racers!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

22nd Wedding Anniversary is Copper.    Maybe there is some copper wiring inside that dishwasher PBJ? 

Go Tammy - you will do great tomorrow!!!

Not only is that Hudson stinkin' cute, he has the sweetest personality too.   I can't wait for CNY and family to meet him, even though it'll be tough to say so long. 

You deserve to stay in bed a little longer Mari. 

Cheers!!!

~Mary

~unknown