Masters Running

Monday, March 17 Extremely Late Daily (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Really?

Where is everyone?

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

Spirit week at DD's school.  Today was "Pink Pajama" day.  DD called me from the bus stop, in her pink pajamas, to say it was NEXT week, not this one.       She ran back home and changed and I drove her to school.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Holly.  Must have been a tough weekend.  Oh well, another non-run posting.  leg's feeling better, but still letting me know I need to take it easy.  For the first time in a long while, I won't be packing any running stuff on my travels, and I get to not feel guilty about that (or not using it when I do take it  Wink

Happy runs to all that follow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

I wasn't going to start the daily with a non-run post, but I guess now I will post to keep with the theme

That was a close call for your daughter, Holly!

not going to run today.  I did wear green today to avoid being pinched. does anyone even still do that anymore?

Tammy

Aamos, way to go in your marathon with an AG award.  steve, cute picture with the butterfly wings on your head.  I'm sure mari will approve.  CNY, nice half.  Jo, way to go on your 5K "50s" PR.  Good long run, evan.

Since I did a race (two actually) yesterday, I normally wouldn't run today.  But, since I won't be able to tomorrow, I went out for a token 3 miles.  The temp was about 20° and there was some wind.  I did it at a 10:22 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good Morning
            temperature: 41F
            weather: clear
            moon; full
            distance run: 4

I love running too tom when not really planning on running anyway, ; . . .  which it seems is just about all the time.
            I think Aamos already has the Guinness Book of Records for AG wins if they have one.

. .

After Saturday’s first 10-mile training in nine years, I vowed never again until the end of the year, if not 2023 but Mr. Full Moon drug me out for a moonlight delightful 4 miles.

Japanese language lesson

private message to mikemp (in case you’re still moving to Japan this summer and want to start learning some of the basics to help in conversing with the members of the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club and others).
            . . . ohayou gozaimasu.
            . . . ondou: 5C
            . . . tenki: hare
            . . . tsukisama: mangetsu
            . . . hashitta kyouri: 6.4 kiro (kee row)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Non-running post for me too - working and recovering from yesterday's run!

So sorry I didn't see you Karin yesterday either ....We arrived early and did 5.7 before the race, so I didnt spend much time in the Y before the start.   I kept it at marathon pace like planned and then did a 1.2 cool-down to get in my 20 miler!!  Nice racing Karin - congrats on your team win!!

((TomW))  very beautiful!

Aamos - thank you!!  I have picked up my pace since I dropped 15 lbs last year -- hoping it will help me at Boston!!

denise

Mariposai

Slow Monday for our RA family. Everyone is recovering from the their long runs and races, I hope.

No running here. I had a better way to spend my early Monday morning. 

Will run after work. before Winter Wellness gym program.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all. I hope you are wearing green today .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Ran 4.4 miles this morning at 4:30 am and then hustled off to the train and a day of meetings in NYC. Train was jammed with already rowdy and drunk revelers on their way to the St Patrick's day parade. Not cool.

Sorry I missed you as well Denise. See you in Boston I hope! Are you running An Ras Mor?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks for the green reminder posie.
                    Reminds me of the word-of-the-day for mikeMP: midori-iro

- happy St. Patrick's Day

ps - don’t tell MikeMP but there’s considerable patience with over-indulging over there. \

Maybe ‘cause most people take the trains - and have to quit imbibing by the last one. ]
                    I saw a St. Patrick’s Day Parade in NYC once in the seventies but bet Boston is even better.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

New skirt in town

8.8 easy miles this AM.  Indoors.  On my treadmill.  I can't hack 11F temps anymore.  I'm done with winter, and I'm treadmilling it until the sun and warmth comes out...

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

NHLA

Busy all day. No run. Sucks but I got a lot done.

Has anyone tried Broken Shed Vodka. made from whey. no sugar. They don't sell it here.

Had a nito dale's pale ale. they use nitrogen instead of co2. totally different.

Sorry I missed you as well Denise. See you in Boston I hope! Are you running An Ras Mor?

No - our running group connected with Hopkinton running club and we are doing a 21 mile run on the course that day .... we will run from Hopkinton in and then get on one of their buses back to the start.   It's also my birthday that day so we get to eat cake after the run!! 

denise

No - our running group connected with Hopkinton running club and we are doing a 21 mile run on the course that day .... we will run from Hopkinton in and then get on one of their buses back to the start.   It's also my birthday that day so we get to eat cake after the run!! 

Maybe I'll see you after all on March 30?!  A group of us will run the race and then head out on the Boston course in reverse for 9-10 miles and back again for 23-24 on the day. Depending on timing, we could meet in the middle. I better run with some cupcakes for a birthday hand-off!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Man, I wish I could spend more time on here.  I'll just keep popping in and out.

Speed workout on the treadmill, tonight.  I stunk.

Okay--I gotta go to bed.

evanflein

Rest day today, even though it was a beautiful day and my hip felt much better than yesterday. Still, I needed to catch up on some things at home so it's all ok.