Masters Running

Many, many thanks from Amy and me! (Read 495 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Bob – this is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing this, and for allowing all of us to have Amy touch and brighten our lives as well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Bob - thanks for photos. They are priceless. You both are so cute! Well, I guess Amy is cuter.... I hope you do end up running for Amy again next year. I won't forget to run my mile 14 at Eugene for her.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Thanks for the pictures and letter from Amy's mom. You have been a blessing for Amy and her family and are a valued member of our forum. Keep up the good work. TomS
          What a nice letter from the mom! Where ARE those tissues? Be proud that you took a little extra involvement in this child. The letter says it all! I'm sure her family is forever greatful for your kindness and involvement for such a great cause. Jewels
          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
            It's a wonderful thing you've done for Amy, and you've been a wonderful addition to this forum. I only hope that I can meet you and shake your hand in person someday.
            Ditto! to the above, and to what Amy's mom said. Except, he's a hugger--definitely, a hugger. Clowning around Not to mention, a keeper--can we sign on to run with you next year too?? I ran mile 9 for Amy--I was trying to stay on pace, not too fast or slow, just steady on, as you have to do through treatment. I was thinking of her--it was a 7:55, so pretty good. I looked for you for some whiles after I finished, and then again on Beacon as I headed "home" but to no avail. Really hope we can meet up again soon [and if not this summer, note that I am registered for that race y'all have going on in November--goes over some bridges I hear, and around Yankee Stadium? Wink ...will be in TriBeCa.] grins AND a hug! A
            Masters 2000 miles
              Bob - Words can't express how proud and humbled I am to call you "friend." What you did for Amy and her family will never be truly known. You have been a wonderful addition to RA - thanks for making us all better people! Jeanne
                Bob - this was the real story of the weekend. Thank you for sharing Amy with us, and for sharing her mom's note to you. It's very touching, and the photos are just so sweet!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Head Procrastinator

Bob, What a sweet picture and the letter from Amy's Mom. Thanks for sharing them with us. I know we only met briefly last year at Henry's so it was good getting to chat a little more this year. I am honored to know you and Amy and her family are very lucky that fate brought you together. Barb
                  ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                  evanflein

Bob, this was wonderful! She is so cute and you are so special for getting involved with her and Childrens Hospital. It was great to see you on the course, thanks for joining Steve and me for awhile. Hope you're feeling good... Wonderful letter from Amy's mom. I hope you realize how much of an impact you have on people!
                      Bob----what a time you had with some of the highest highs and some tough lows too. Through it all you maintained this amazing positive spirit that is clearly a part of who you are. Amy and her family are fortunate to have you in their corner---she is a beautiful little girl and will no doubt be an important part of your life for years to come. Thanks for letting all of us join you and get to know you and her along the way. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and the tough days ahead. Take the time to heal your heart and know that we are all here cheering for you. Karin
                        ok - now i'm crying again!! Bob you are amazing and you were definitely meant to be Amy's runner!! i am so glad you shared her mom's note with us!! i hope the strength you have within carries you thru your difficult days - i am so glad to have spent time together and really look forward to when we meet again!!

denise

BOB!!!! Woa BOB!!! Bob, youre a giver not a taker. Not only do you run for the girl but you come to these boards answer all the newbie questions. Support us and never ask anything of us. Youre one in a million! BTW...Kim, Ali and I were there at the finish line! Oh it was so awesome. We saw the leaders finish and Lance and now Kim is psyched about running it next year. How was your run? Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

arf

MM #405

Bob - this was the real story of the weekend. Thank you for sharing Amy with us, and for sharing her mom's note to you. It's very touching, and the photos are just so sweet!
                            My thoughts exactly! Thanks for letting us be part of the magic.
                            SteveP

Bob, Many people race. A number of people use the passion for running to help out others. What has happened with you and Amy's family is just kewl.

SteveP

Your support has been immeasurable. There are no words to describe the impact you all have had on this girl and her family. And on me. I am humbled by your generosity.
                                Your above quote should be coming from me to you, Bob. YOUR support is immeasurable. YOU have had a huge impact on this girl and on me. I am humbled by YOUR generosity.
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM