Masters Running

VT50 Sunday....... (Read 46 times)

looking forward to hearing some great stories later today........

GoodRacing  to ya guys.........

=========

60-min bikeride

7-up and 7-down

what's everyone else up to today??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Mornin' Tom and today's sleepyheads and racers,

I hosted a RW training session this morning. It got up to 75F at 9am under a beautiful, cloudless and sunny sky. Two of our walkers are training for this year's Seacoast Half Marathon, and so were doing 9/10 mile workouts today. I did a few miles with them, but then backed off because i already put in my longish workout yesterday, and I was starting to get too warm under that blazing sun.

One of our nieces gave birth to her new daughter last night - her first infant (mom and daughter are doing great), and she is very excited. So I'm a grand-uncle once again. Also yesterday, a cousin celebrated her 50th birthday. I can't explain why, but I feel there is good synergy between those two events.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Congrats on grand-unclehood Jay!

Nice race Starr!  You keep improving.

Tammy, you make sure David listens to Mariposai. He needs to be patient and don't let him start testing the leg until there is no pain and he can stretch.  Re-injury is a killer.

Nice race Tet, and great language use of sine aqua!

Well, the rest of yesterday was just about as I thought it would be.  The Saint took a picture of our two trophies side by side and texted it to the boys, all of whom had some wiseass stuff to say, like "Where's Dad's trophy? I thought he got one too," and all that.  We went to the park today for recovery run and I did 2.2 miles and she did 3.

Thinking of those Vermonters today.  Spareribs

BlazinCajun

Nice workout Tom

"Synergy" Love it Jay. It is very generous of you to host those clinics. Good job!

Thinking of those RA runners in VT this morning.

Good job Mariposai on being able to race and RD at the same time.

Congrats to Starruns for your 10 mile PR!

12 easy miles this morning - Have a wonderful day.

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, TW, I was just getting back from 15.  Glad you're back on the bike again.

And now that I've finished iced coffee/chocolate milk 3 hours later, I'm starting to feel a little human again. DW said "You don't look like you're having fun on these training runs".  Which today was a true statement.  I think a lot of it might be still working on hydration, which has been a little tricky, since I think the watermelon Nuun (which I bought by mistake) doesn't seem to sit well.  and then I don't feel like drinking anything.

Anyway, I hope the VT folks are doing well and are finishing or have already finished by this point.  Since it's now hit 80 around here, I don't envy any late finishers.

Congrats on the new grand niece, Jay.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Poking my head in to see if there's any VT50 news.  I loved Mike's pre-race report.

Work's been demanding (in a good way) and preventing me from keeping up here, but I do lurk from time to time.

First 20 today in a long time.  A little warm today but I got it done in reasonable shape.

Hope you're all well.

Be safe. Be kind.

...stumpy//......get some ThermoTabs

and

take one with supper the evening before a WorkOut in the heat,,,,it helps.....

...hiya Tramps////////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

Holly's in tough course.  Still no sign of mike Karin or Carolyn

I've got some catching up to do.  fatozzig, congrats on your highest mileage week.  C-R, kudos to Patrick on his PR.  CNY, glad to hear Super Granny is making progress and to hear of some of her background.  steve, belated happy birthday.  Tammy, sorry to hear about your son's sprained ankle.  I hope he gives it a chance to heal well.  evan, sorry to hear about the worsened back problems.  Congratulations to ribs and the saint on their race.  ribs did well with his 3rd in AG and The Saint's senior win is fantastic.  starr, way to go in your 10 mile race.  mari, nice job as RD and I liked the picture of the kids.  steve, great fall pictures.

Nice long runs for jay, lame, blazin, stumpy, and Tramps.

Yesterday, I did a 5K.  It was one I've done quite a few times before and is in a nice setting.  It's paved trails and a few wooden bridges through the woods surrounding a hospital and health club.  The temperature was probably in the mid 60s and the wind was negligible.  I was pleased with my results.  My Garmin gave me 29:35, a distance of 3.08, and a pace of 9:35.  I was surprised to break half an hour.  I ended up 70/161 OA and 3/4 in my AG (70-74).  A mile before the race and .9 mile after gave me 5 miles for the day.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and almost calm.  I went out for 3 miles at an 11:19 pace.

I'm anxious to hear about our VT contingent.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mrrun

Mike's in 'hardest thing he ever did'

Mariposai

Thanks for the update, Marj.

I looked at the VT50 profile and it did look hard.

Go racers go!!!

12 smiles miles for me this morning by the river. Gorgeous fall weather. The slacker of my RP slept in and showed up late to join me for a few miles .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Nice race Tom, and good that you had some competition in your AG.

I did 8 miles at Tet's newly beloved Bridle Trails State Park.  I wanted 12, and I was feeling great, but then my knee started complaining.  I could have continued, but decided to be wise instead and not irritate it further.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mrrun

Karin's in looking strong

Mariposai

I just can't help it!

This picture on FB is so great.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya all,

Checking in for VT updates and enjoying the fall photos so much; thanks, all you snappers!  And thanks Mari, for the FB transfer--CONGRATS on your race.  Like the kiddoes photo.

Hey TomS, nice run, congrats on your AG award.

That does seem serendipitous, Jay.  Hope the RW clinic well-received.

Hey Tramps.  You and Kevin are looking good for Richmond.

And hiya tw--7 miles up and down what?

Good for Starr and Saint on their ever-increasing progress (and hardware!)

Nice long workout tet! And a Francesca sighting.   Tell her hi from  time you see her?

What's "easy," Blazin?

About 30 total for me over Sat and Sun, split about evenly.  Sort of tapering after 2 marathons in 2 weeks (used to do 2 in one weekend!)  Included the bridge a few times today.  Gorgeous sunrise; low clouds with pinks and oranges seeping through. The walkers who exchange nods and smiles with me on the bridge were stopping to be sure I was seeing the marvelous sight.  It was sort of San Francisco-ish with the low clouds.

Films out of Japan's volcano are strikingly eerie, no?

Reading  a new novel by Brian Morton, a favorite author, Florence Gorden.

grins and cheers to VT runners! 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)